MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #811
country flag martevna

martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice martevna is just really nice
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

martevna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #812
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
That's fair enough.
I just think it's funny how ANY thread that has 'Serena' and 'Maria' in the title ends up as a 500-post war zone
Definitely the most entertaining rivalry going right now, both between the actual players AND the fans
I still prefer the Maria/Vika rivalry as the best in tennis. You also have two fan bases that hate each other, but it's not as mean-spirited as Maria/Serena, with race frequently derailing any real debate. And I believe Maria and Azarenka really dislike each other moreso than Maria and Serena, so that adds to the intensity. Obviously, the match-up has been more compelling as well, with Maria and Vika trading wins and losses with each other over the past year or so. More unpredictable. You don't know if Vika will blow Maria out or if Maria will blow her out. And you also can get really close matches like at the US Open semi.

Miami notwithstanding, there hasn't been much exciting tennis from Maria against Serena lately.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #813
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post

BTW apparently Serena practiced after her match vs Sara. "2nd practice after the match was crazy" has just written her sparring parent on twitter! Serena's always pumped up when she has to play Maria!
Let's hope she burns herself out with all that practice and preparation.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #814
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
so harsh.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #815
country flag Yksi

Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Just no bagels and breadsticks under any circumstances
I can think of a circumstance where bagels and breadsticks would be fine with me... and everyone else in here!

(Not that I'm expecting it, but there's always hope)
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #816
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just thrilled that Maria/Serena finals seem to be the norm now at big tournaments. Much rather one of those 2 win these titles then some...others
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #817
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
I can think of a circumstance where bagels and breadsticks would be fine with me... and everyone else in here!

(Not that I'm expecting it, but there's always hope)
Actually, I don't mind Serena eating some more bagels or breadsticks again in Madrid.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #818
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

I prefer the rivalry between Vika and Maria too. I just hope Maria finally beats Serena tomorrow. It's gotta happen sometime. It is only appropriate . In Instanbul she made it somewhat competitive ,in Miami she took a set. I think she is ready to win. Title #30 awaits

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #819
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I'm just thrilled that Maria/Serena finals seem to be the norm now at big tournaments. Much rather one of those 2 win these titles then some...others
Absolutely
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #820
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
she can practice all she wants, that still won't make her serve effective on clay...and once Maria will start eating her serve alive, wait for the usual antics from her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #821
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Am working through the entire match tomorrow so will miss it

But if Serena wins I'll probably be glad of it
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #822
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Don't know what to think about tomorrow.
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #823
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

I am already nervous.
I want THIS win so much! The #1 it's not important, even if she reaches it, will be at the top just week or few. I want Serena!!
I now Maria can beat her, she realy can! But We all now the American tomorrow will play level or two better than in any of her matches this week. Maria's serving is the key. She needs to have high % of first serve IN (I'm talking this all the time ), something like 80+% would be great. She must stop with DF's in a row. (Two per set and in diferent games, please!)

I Believe!

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #824
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

It's the same dilemma every player faces when playing Serena. How do you prevent her from going on one of those God-mode runs that she always seems to unleash when needed? And if it does happen, how do you repel it and change momentum in your favor?

I thought Maria played some of her most brilliant and inspiring tennis in years in that first set and a half in Miami. And, suddenly, she just loses 10 straight games. How does Maria go from such elite tennis to that? Serena does that to you. But it's hardly just Maria. I'm sure Cibulkova is still scratching her head about her match in Miami. Garrigues is probably baffled still thinking about that 3rd set the other day. And I'll bet Vika has nightmares to this day wondering how she couldn't hold a 5-3 third set lead at the US Open final.

Those are just a few examples. We know she's had several matches during this huge run of hers for the past year where she was in trouble. So you look at those circumstances and come away thinking she's vulnerable. And maybe there was a little bit of choking involved by those players that let leads slip. But I think it was mostly about Serena raising her game to such a level that it put too much pressure on the opponents and they start to crumble.

It's hard to keep your focus and game at such a high level for 2 or 3 sets against Serena. It always seems like one little slip is all it takes and Serena just sees it and takes off and buries you before you can even think about recovering. And Maria knows that. She talked about a good set and a half not being nearly enough and that she needs to sustain a high level to keep the pressure on Serena constantly. Now we just have to see if Maria is capable of a complete match against this Serena, whether it's in Madrid or elsewhere. They'll be meeting many more times, so Maria has no choice but to figure this out.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #825
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

I see some negativity amongst you guys... not sure why. For the first time, I feel good going into a showdown with Serena. She's made progress in each of their last few matches... and I've been hoping they would play on clay because I think this is Maria's best chance to finally end the skid. I honestly think she can do it tomorrow. I sure hope so.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote