MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:46 PM   #211
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Laugh at Azarenka's clay skills all you want, but you all seem to be forgetting that not long ago Maria was inept on clay
Anyone can improve on any surface if they practice hard.
And wonder what would have happened in Rome 2011 QF if Azarenka hadn't gotten extremely injured and retired. Both played exceptionally well in the first set which Azarenka won.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #212
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Laugh at Azarenka's clay skills all you want, but you all seem to be forgetting that not long ago Maria was inept on clay
And wonder what would have happened in Rome 2011 QF if Azarenka hadn't gotten extremely injured and retired. Both played exceptionally well in the first set which Azarenka won.
Azarenka is not a very talented player, she doesn't have much reserves to improve.

She spent last year trying to improve her claygame with Mauresmo - fail , trying to improve her serve - fail

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:13 PM   #213
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
hmmm...how bout no
Maria was a mess in the first set like usual, before turning the afterburners on and hitting that penetrating FH to break Vuvurenka's arm for good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:27 PM   #214
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Vika doesn’t have a prayer of winning this tournament. As we’ve seen time and time again, unless your name is Serena, you don’t just show up at a WTA tournament of this caliber and win it after having weeks and weeks off from competition. Plus, as we all know, you have the added fact that this is Azarenka’s worst surface. And let’s not forget that even when she did play in those early tournaments, she wasn’t that sharp or impressive at all. 2012 Vika was nowhere to be found. Her serve looked as bad as it’s ever been and she benefited from a combination of luck and opponents’ choking to be gifted 2 tournaments. Serena hurting herself and Li Na being injured twice was the only reason she won Melbourne. And then she gets the still hobbling and ill Serena in Doha.

Azarenka doesn’t concern me whatsoever. I look forward to Maria getting the chance to play Vika again because she would bury her and take the next step in evening the head to head and, eventually, moving into the lead. At this point in time, Maria’s game is significantly ahead of hers. It doesn’t matter if they meet on clay, grass, or hard court, Maria is the superior player and will prove it to everyone who continues to stupidly pair Vika together with Serena as players who own Maria. Serena, yes. Vika, heck no.

So, please, let this rivalry get cranked up again as soon as possible.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #215
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
I'm only hoping the least 3-setters in Madrid. Then she can reserve something for Rome

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #216
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Melanie Oudin will get into the Main Draw and be Maria's first opponent
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #217
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Maybe Melanie Oudin will get into the Main Draw and be Maria's first opponent
omg I want it so bad, After that tourment I thought Oudin would have a better career, and she would be a top 10 soon. But I'm totally wrong.
Maria is the last teenager won GS, it's amazing. Rewatch her old match we could she so much talent from Maria, but don't know why many people still underestimated her.
And please Oudin, you need to pick up your game, so Maria can fix this H2H and get a revenge
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #218
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it weird that I kind of don't want her to win Madrid?

I would rather her win Rome+RG. Obviously it would be awesome if she wins all three, but no way in hell. She would be too tired.
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #219
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post

I would rather her win Rome+RG. Obviously it would be awesome if she wins all three, but no way in hell. She would be too tired.
I would prefer her to win Rome and RG, but I am not against Madrid-RG tie as well, moreover they have a better surface now
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #220
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Vika doesn’t have a prayer of winning this tournament. As we’ve seen time and time again, unless your name is Serena, you don’t just show up at a WTA tournament of this caliber and win it after having weeks and weeks off from competition. Plus, as we all know, you have the added fact that this is Azarenka’s worst surface. And let’s not forget that even when she did play in those early tournaments, she wasn’t that sharp or impressive at all. 2012 Vika was nowhere to be found. Her serve looked as bad as it’s ever been and she benefited from a combination of luck and opponents’ choking to be gifted 2 tournaments. Serena hurting herself and Li Na being injured twice was the only reason she won Melbourne. And then she gets the still hobbling and ill Serena in Doha.

Azarenka doesn’t concern me whatsoever. I look forward to Maria getting the chance to play Vika again because she would bury her and take the next step in evening the head to head and, eventually, moving into the lead. At this point in time, Maria’s game is significantly ahead of hers. It doesn’t matter if they meet on clay, grass, or hard court, Maria is the superior player and will prove it to everyone who continues to stupidly pair Vika together with Serena as players who own Maria. Serena, yes. Vika, heck no.

So, please, let this rivalry get cranked up again as soon as possible.
Can this version of you stay here forever and ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post

I'll take whatever it comes. As Martha said herself, she enters a tournament to win it. And if she does win the Safina double, there'll be a one week break between plus a much easier match schedule for her to navigate in RG. So while we're at it, I think she should aim high and not lose a match on the dirt at all this year. Like make a statement or something after that last loss to Sarin
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #221
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Can this version of you stay here forever and ever?
^^^
Mexicola is going to become one of my favourite posters in SS
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #222
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Maria apparently cancelled her practice this morning....
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #223
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Maria apparently cancelled her practice this morning....
Damn, hope it is just re-scheduling.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #224
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Yeah I don't think it's something we should worry about. Just read it on twitter and it's funny how some people were panicking a bit

On another note after all this drama in GM about Maria's draw I really want her to win this title now just so she can piss off the haters
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #225
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Lol @ NaMg crying over Maria's/Na's draw again

Perhaps he hasn't realized that Nas draw would be easier if she was higher ranked
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote