MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM   #196
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I can't see Li beating Azarenka. Everyone hypes this match up so much, but in reality 2 of Li's 4 wins came in 2008/2009 when Vika was a mental headcase. The other 2 were in the first half of 2011 when Li was in her peak and Vika was slowly improving. Everything after that was all Vika which is far more relevant. Li is by no means an easy match up for Azarenka, but mentally, she has no chance vs her unless Vika is in tank mode.
Li Na needs to defeat Serena first so it's not written that she will play Vika. Beside if she find a way to beat Serena, she has all her chances over Vika who just got back from injury and will be out of rhythm.
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:48 PM   #197
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Li Na needs to defeat Serena first so it's not written that she will play Vika. Beside if she find a way to beat Serena, she has all her chances over Vika who just got back from injury and will be out of rhythm.
I was referring to the match up in general, not a possible match in Madrid. I am well aware that it is not likely that Li can beat Serena.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #198
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Li is always overhyped on this board, similar to KvittyGOAT actually - both are brainless bashers with some flashes of briliance, yet everyone still expects them to produce their peak level in every match they play...which is impossible to say the least. Anyway, Masha should really find a way to tank or withdraw from this usless event. C'mon now Pova, do a "Vuvurenka" for once and still remain unbeaten on dirt
What kind of philosophy is this Why on Earth should she withdraw from a Premier Mandatory event. Apart from 2010, all winners have been good players: 2009- Safina who was No.1 and reached 4 finals of all 4 events that she played on clay that year, 2011- Kvitova- who just reached the top 10 and played a fantastic tournament and 2012- Serena, no explanation needed. I don't understand why people call this a flop event It's certainly not my favorite tournament, but it's not bad either. This is a chance for her to win points. I doubt she thinks about being unbeaten, she isn't Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I bet that if Maria wins Madrid people will stop saying it's useless and she should withdraw
This, so much Imagine if she won Madrid and by that getting to 500 wins and No.1 in the rankings. Everyone would be saying it's the most amazing tournament ever I mean look at Serena fans who hated Madrid and said she should withdraw, but completely changed their mind once she won. I'm not pointing out anything, it's just normal. If your favorite wins a tournament, of course you will like that tournament
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:02 PM   #199
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

If she wins here I wouldn't mind her withdrawing from Rome. I still want her to go all the way here in Rome and in RG though .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:06 PM   #200
country flag Craig.
My girl

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, I want that 3peat in Rome
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:06 PM   #201
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This, so much Imagine if she won Madrid and by that getting to 500 wins and No.1 in the rankings. Everyone would be saying it's the most amazing tournament ever I mean look at Serena fans who hated Madrid and said she should withdraw, but completely changed their mind once she won. I'm not pointing out anything, it's just normal. If your favorite wins a tournament, of course you will like that tournament
It would be just like Beijing last year. As soon as Maria came so close to winning we all of a sudden became so invested . Hopefully things end up better here than that week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:04 PM   #202
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite sure that Serena's "tough" opponets will turn into a number of on paper good players on clay folding like cheap tents seeing Serena on the opposite side of the court.

The only reason why Serena may not reach final can be the surface. It should be extremely slow and mud with high bounce , which will give extra time to her opponents to return serve and to defend against her flat shots.

I really hope we will see Serena-Safarova match, because Lucie was the best and toughest among Masha's opponents in Stuttgart.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:09 PM   #203
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't see Li beating Azarenka. Everyone hypes this match up so much, but in reality 2 of Li's 4 wins came in 2008/2009 when Vika was a mental headcase. The other 2 were in the first half of 2011 when Li was in her peak and Vika was slowly improving. Everything after that was all Vika which is far more relevant. Li is by no means an easy match up for Azarenka, but mentally, she has no chance vs her unless Vika is in tank mode.
Well, if Vika is in tank mode and Li ends up winning it's a legitimate win for Li because tanking is a mental weakness. If you don't want to play, don't play. If you play, play to win. Anything else is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:19 PM   #204
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, if Vika is in tank mode and Li ends up winning it's a legitimate win for Li because tanking is a mental weakness. If you don't want to play, don't play. If you play, play to win. Anything else is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.
All of Li's wins were legitimate. I'm not accusing anyone of tanking nor do I think anyone does it. By 'tank mode' I meant very low form, not a tank literally like losing on purpose

I was just trying to say that I really don't see Li beating Azarenka anytime soon. I realize that their head to head is 6-4 in the favor of Azarenka, but I stated the reality of the situation in my previous post about it. Li cannot mentally cope with Azarenka, therefore I disagree with people who say that Li might be the one to stop Vika

Also, like I stated, I was referring to the match-up in general, not their hypothetical match in Madrid.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM   #205
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
I'm quite sure that Serena's "tough" opponets will turn into a number of on paper good players on clay folding like cheap tents seeing Serena on the opposite side of the court.

The only reason why Serena may not reach final can be the surface. It should be extremely slow and mud with high bounce , which will give extra time to her opponents to return serve and to defend against her flat shots.

I really hope we will see Serena-Safarova match, because Lucie was the best and toughest among Masha's opponents in Stuttgart.
We already saw a match on clay between Serena and Safarova, 2 in fact. Both were in Charleston- last year in the final and this year in the QF. I realize that green and red clay are very different, but Serena won 6-0 6-1 last year and 6-4 6-1 this year (with the added fact that she played below par in the later match). I don't see how Safarova would be able to challenge Serena at all, especially since their head to head is 6-0 in favor of Serena. Also, it seems impossible for Safarova to reach the SF as she is playing Vika very early on.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM   #206
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All of Li's wins were legitimate. I'm not accusing anyone of tanking nor do I think anyone does it. By 'tank mode' I meant very low form, not a tank literally like losing on purpose

I was just trying to say that I really don't see Li beating Azarenka anytime soon. I realize that their head to head is 6-4 in the favor of Azarenka, but I stated the reality of the situation in my previous post about it. Li cannot mentally cope with Azarenka, therefore I disagree with people who say that Li might be the one to stop Vika

Also, like I stated, I was referring to the match-up in general, not their hypothetical match in Madrid.
I think Li has a shot. Not that she would be the favorite, but Vika is coming back from injury and it's on a claycourt. Vika is mentally superior, but Li is a streaky player and if she catches fire at the right time....you never know. I can only hope.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:49 PM   #207
country flag Monzanator

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka on clay? I'll pass
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:00 PM   #208
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

It will be interesting to see how Safarova, Ivanovic and Kerber fare in Madrid. All of them played Maria much tougher than Na Li in Stuttgart.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:24 PM   #209
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Vuvurenka on clay is probably the least intimidating elite player ever...maybe she can be compared to Clijsters on dirt only, who hated the mud even more and was skipping this part of the season most of the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM   #210
country flag Monzanator

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

At least Clijsters was "this" close to winning RG Must have left a permanent mark in her brain that loss to JC.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote