AO-2003: Day 1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #1
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
AO-2003: Day 1

Nadia Petrova (RUS) d Greta Arn (GER) 62 61
Adriana Serra-Zanetti (ITA) d Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) 76(6) 64
Anna Kournikova (RUS) d Herieta Nagyova (SVK) 61 62
(24) Tatiana Panova (RUS) d Angelika Roesch (GER) 76(2) 36 62
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) d Dinara Safina (RUS) 36 63 63
(2) Venus Williams (USA) d Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 64 62
Stephanie Foretz (FRA) d Evgenia Koulikovskaya (RUS) 46 61 60

So let's see... What a bad day....

7 matches, 6 winnable, 3 wins....

Lena L. and Dinara are the biggest dissapointments. I started to think that Dinara is a bit overhyped... at least currently. She still has a loooong way to go.

Anna won, but with her first serve and her next opponent I wouldn't count on doing much more.

Tat is a fighter as always. Nadia - well done and she has a real chance (I hope her shoulder is o'k)
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 01:56 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Dinara is only 16.... she is going to be scutinised closely just cos of who she is

biggest disappointment has to be Elena Likhovtseva, basically she just handed it to her opponent on a plate

dunno what happened to Zhenya either in sets 2/3 total meltdown

Anna finally won a slam match, now she has to pick it up by another 50% at least.
Nadia was in cruise control , hope her shoulder stands up for rd 2, she has a pretty good shot of beating Ai (much depends on her serve).
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #3
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
With Zhenya it is not difficult to explain.. Her game is very tricky, so relatively inexperienced opponent would first have troubles to understanding how to play Zhenya. But after Stephanie figured Zhenya's game out, her superior firepower would leave Zhenya no chances..

Elena L. - what a rollercoaster in both sets... Elena managed to get it together only when desperately losing. Or was that ASZ choking?

Dinara.. She is young, and for some players it might take some time to figure out how to play on RA..

Anna.. One of recently rare matches reminiscent of Anna Kournikova of pre-thumb injury times, when 1 and 2 was very typical Kournikova score. Crushing even relatively highly ranked opponents..

Nadia has very good draw, she can make quarters.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote