What was good about Zina Garrison's Game? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:42 AM   #1
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute
What was good about Zina Garrison's Game?

I never really watched much of her (I'm under 30) and there isn't much of her on youtube.

Grand Slam [oJankyoEugeniusoAnaresoBarktraoRebelLio]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oNutcrackeroThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oVeeoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoSlam StephensoVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:49 AM   #2
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What was good about Zina Garrison's Game?

Her return of serve stance.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:04 AM   #3
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1980 View Post
Her return of serve stance.
Darn, you were in too early, I was about to say the same.

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Ratwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:11 AM   #4
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Magicman View Post
Darn, you were in too early, I was about to say the same.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:12 AM   #5
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1980 View Post
I totally agree, the Zina Shuffle was the most memorable thing about her by far!
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM   #6

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

Lol why is that

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:22 PM   #7
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the Zina shuffle definitely - she was a great athlete and had terrific net skills as was the fashion of the time. Hard to know what more she could have accomplished in her career given the era she was in but she did well.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM   #8
PamShriver

PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of

She was really fast, didn't really have a strength, didn't really have a weakness (she could choke a forehand something awful though). She is an example of a player who completely maximized their potential.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 02:22 AM   #9
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future

Agreed. She didn't have huge weapons (aside from her speed), but she had a nice all-around game (very flat forehand that had good power but often started spraying, a biting slice backhand, a good serve for her height, nice touch, and excellent anticipation at the net). She suffered from nerves in a big way but put it all together on a few big occasions (vs. Seles then Graf at Wimbledon in '90, and against Navratilova at the US Open ('88?) as well as Chris Evert's last match at a Slam.

To put it simply, think Jana Novotna but with more speed, less power, and (slightly) better nerves.
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 02:30 AM   #10

So she was like Caro?

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 02:42 AM   #11
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

She was a mini Navrat only with a serious "choking streak".

Likeable enough but hard to support in a major...
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 03:47 AM   #12
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifan View Post
She was a mini Navrat only with a serious "choking streak".

Likeable enough but hard to support in a major...
This!! She was especially awesome at the net too ..
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 04:30 AM   #13
country flag ranfurly

ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk75 View Post
To put it simply, think Jana Novotna but with more speed, less power, and (slightly) better nerves.
So really, don't think Jana Novotna ?
ranfurly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 05:07 AM   #14
country flag Yonexforever

Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of
That is perfectly said!
Respect

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yonexforever is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 05:09 AM   #15
country flag Yonexforever

Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of
The only thing no one has mentioned she always seemed just a bit large on court but was extremely quick more v than fast despite it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yonexforever is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote