FED CUP: Venus def. Larsson 6-3 7-5 USA 3 - SWE 1 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 01:04 AM   #106
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future
Re: FED CUP: Venus def. Larsson 6-3 7-5 USA 3 - SWE 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Great win by Venus. She's really back strong now and will be a force at Wimbledon. I can feel it.
You're kidding right?
serena_the_queen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 01:14 AM   #107
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salve View Post
Sorry, forgot you were a fan off all things white and blonde.
I'm a fan of all things thick, juicy, and voluptuous.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 01:20 AM   #108
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by serena_the_queen View Post
She is still better than most yes.. But that TBH honest says alot more about the standard of the tour than her game right now. She was lobbing in 60 mph serves and Larsson was struggling to do anything with them.. i mean cmon, this is supposed to be processional tennis. She gets through many matches now on her name alone, way too many mental midgets on the tour too scared to beat her. BTW Vee's last four grand slam results; 3R, 2R, 1R, 2R.

This isn't an acting gig.
It's a sports (Tennis).
She "gets through" by determination and execution...and WINNING through professional means.
Seriously, you guys are cracking me up.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 01:22 AM   #109
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrybidd View Post
Exactly how many tournaments has Sloane won again? Don't misunderstand, I really like Sloane Stephens, but I HATE the tendency in tennis - in sports in general - to anoint rising stars b4 they actually do anything major. I hated it when people went nuts over Mel Oudin, and now Sloane (who is no Mel Oudin) is prematurely being anointed. She has no right to think herself above Venus Williams - NONE. Why? Because she hasn't won anything!!

Let the girl win, and then win again to show that she can win when she is expected to - before we invest all this deference to her place in the pecking order. Can we please?
I don't think it is about how many tournament she won or did not win.

She was chosen over Venus to play singles based on the ranking.
Whether she deserve or not all the attention she is getting has nothing to do with this FedCup event, MJF made her decision based on the ranking only.

My point is, the fact she did resist the decision to be replaced was good for the team.
Had she done that, it could have disrupted the team cohesion and chemistry.
That the reason I gave the example of Jen Capriati who would certainly not have accepted the decision w/o a push-back.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 23rd, 2013 at 01:50 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 01:26 AM   #110
country flag RVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post

Whether she deserve or not all the attention she is getting has nothing to do with this FedCup event, MJF made her decision based on the ranking only.

My point is, the fact she did resist the decision to be replaced was good for the team.
Had she done that, it could have disputed the team cohesion and chemistry.
The I gave the example of Jen Capriati who would certainly not have accepted the w/o a push-back.
Did you mean "disrupted" ?
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 01:49 AM   #111
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Did you mean "disrupted" ?
Yes. Good catch

Thanks RVD.

It was my last post before leaving work, so it was a bit of a rush.

Thanks again

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM   #112
country flag RVD

Quote:
Yes. Good catch

Thanks RVD.

It was my last post before leaving work, so it was a bit of a rush.

Thanks again
No prob.
I've done it many times myself.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 06:11 AM   #113
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Good going, Venus.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:20 AM   #114
country flag jcempire

jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice

33 years old

WOW

Still play good tennis
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 08:38 AM   #115
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

Still I guess Venus was the better option than Stephens. Though Stephens is # 2 in the rankings...
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #116
country flag Larrybidd

Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Had she done that, it could have disrupted the team cohesion and chemistry.
That the reason I gave the example of Jen Capriati who would certainly not have accepted the decision w/o a push-back.
OK..which Jen Capriati are we talking about? A JenCap with only a few wins over top players to talk about and no tournament victories? Or the veteran JCap with lots of tournament wins under her belt? I don't know how JCap might have reacted...she could be kind of a brat, but my guess is her father would have been a bigger problem.

MY point is, praising Sloane for not making a stink at being replaced is like praising her for shaking her opponents hand after a match. It's nice...but its the least we expect of you as a young professional.

Last edited by Larrybidd : Apr 23rd, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Larrybidd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 10:02 AM   #117
country flag Larrybidd

Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute Larrybidd has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking a little more about tennisbum79's example of JCap being replaced in a Fed Cup rotation in comparison to Sloane's situation. To make this comparable it would be as if a Young Cappy - b4 she won any tournaments - was replaced by Chris Evert, towards the end of her career. Would Cappy dare complain about being replaced by Chris Evert? She's Chris Evert for chrisakes!! She'd shut up, go sit down and cheer for Chrissy and old USA, or bear the wrath of the tennis public. That's the old way and its the right way, before sports marketing took over the world.
Larrybidd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #118
country flag ICHUSE2

ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice ICHUSE2 is just really nice

Tru Dat !!!!!!!!
ICHUSE2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote