Wild Cards predictions - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2013, 01:49 PM   #16
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wild Cards predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Why all the hate?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I am sorry to spell out the point, yet again, but I don't believe the same player should receive 5 wild cards into 6 grand slams, whoever she is. It's not rocket science, to work that one out!
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2013, 02:49 PM   #17
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenUK View Post
I am sorry to spell out the point, yet again, but I don't believe the same player should receive 5 wild cards into 6 grand slams, whoever she is. It's not rocket science, to work that one out!
Youve always hated her before that though..

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:11 AM   #18
country flag Med.Nico

Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute Med.Nico has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you think Sanders could get the WC from the aussie federation? She actually got a price from it in april for her results, fairness and attitude toward the game and the training
Med.Nico is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:33 AM   #19
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Would love if Storm got one!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:02 AM   #20
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Med.Nico View Post
Don't you think Sanders could get the WC from the aussie federation? She actually got a price from it in april for her results, fairness and attitude toward the game and the training
Definitely not.

But who knows maybe next year if Ash is in Top 100 and Storm is in Top 250 with continued good results she could get it.

I don't think Casey, Liv, Rodionova and Dokic are on the radar anymore

Last edited by binky-GOAT : May 2nd, 2013 at 03:09 AM.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:40 AM   #21
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenUK View Post
Barty will undoubtedly get the Aussie wild card - that's 5 wild cards in 6 GS and she only just turns 17 tomorrow, has she got the words WC tattooed on her arm or something? She must be on for some sort of Open era record and she has not even beaten anyone in the top 100 outside team competitions! Personally I think it is about time the ITF either abolished the 'wild card swap' or restricted it so that no player can receive more than 2 WCs into slams in the same 12 month period, because all these WCs for Barty is becoming beyond a joke. I would much rather the wild card went to some other prospect like Siniakova or a good CC player like Ormaechea than Barty.

The US will go to the USTA winner though again, I think that Maria Sanchez, who is yet to receive a GS main draw of any sort, is far more deserving than the likes of Falconi or Riske.

French girls will get the other 6 - my guess is Foretz Gacon, Garcia, Pavlovic, Razzano (for beating Serena), Feuerstein and either Rezai or Coin.
I do agree that it's ridiculous to get that many, but looking at it it's really only the FO 2012 one that's up for dispute. Of course she's going to get one in to her home GS in Australia as a top 200 player (one of these she actually WON the WC playoff too don't forget) Wimbledon she received as junior champ/impressive grass lead in. So really the only "discretionary WC's she has received are AO this year and FO last year.

Due to lack of depth she will undoubtably get this one as well. Personally however, I would actually prefer her to play Q. Getting all these WC's (as justified as they are) is probably doing her more harm than good. Even though she deserves it more than any other Australian girl I would like the WC to go to Sanders or Raijicic, who have both shown huge improvement this year, but it's not going to happen.

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON Maddison INGLIS
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR Aleksandra KRUNIC
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:55 AM   #22
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Storm I'd love it if she recieved it!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:04 AM   #23
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Even if it hasn't been announced, Ash has already got the WC. Her coach works closely with TA so she would know pretty early, which is why she didn't sign in to qualies.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #24
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

I think
Rezai
Garcia
Foretz
Razzano
Pavlovic
Foerstein
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #25
country flag dudukitkat

dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice dudukitkat is just really nice

First WC known : Shelby Rogers ( wta 190).
She won French Open wild card from USTA.
dudukitkat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #26
country flag Rafka2

Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light Rafka2 is a glorious beacon of light

MD WC
Aus- Ashley Barty
USA- USTA winner
Fra- Caroline Garcia
Fra- Claire Feuerstein
Fra- Stéphanie Foretz
Fra- Virginie Razzano
Fra- Aravane Rezai
Fra- Irena Pavlovic

QDWC
1. Myrtille Georges
2. Alizé Lim
3. Estelle Guisard
4. Amandine Hesse
5. Chloé Paquet
6. Irina Ramialison
7. Laura Thorpe
8. Clothilde de Bernardi ?
Manon Arcangioli ?
Laetitia Sarrazin ?
Océane Dodin ?
Fiona Ferro ?

Julie Coin - Virginie Razzano - Estelle Guisard - Alizé Lim

Sloane Stephens - Garbine Muguruza - Bencic - Konjuh

Last edited by Rafka2 : May 7th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Rafka2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #27
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of

I have nothing against Thorpe, but she already had ton of WCs and is still ranked around 400. Plus she's having a horrible season so far. She missed her chances, time for new faces. A doubles WC with Beltrame is enough.
Right now, Georges, Lim, Ramialison and Larrière if healthy are safe for QWCs. Dodin, Paquet and Hesse (last one for obvious reasons ) have good chances too. Sibille and Guisard would have deserved given last year's results, sadly both have been injured and are having a pretty bad start of season, so I'm not sure about them.
And will they give one to 34 y.o. Beltrame? She's still the highest ranked out all of them...
Zin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #28
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Concerning QDWC, it's time to give a chance to real hopes like Oceane Dodin and Fiona Ferro. It's difficult to say that, but Amandine Hesse, Laetitia Sarrazin, Clothilde de Bernardi, Lou Brouleau are really useless.
Constance Sibille, Estelle Guisard and Victoria Larrière are often injured. Chloë Paquet injured in Cagnes after a good win over Julie Coin.
So, for me :
- Oceane Dodin
- Fiona Ferro
- Myrtille Georges
- Alizé Lim
- Irina Ramialison

If ready :
- Victoria Larrière
- Constance Sibille
- Chloë Paquet
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #29
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of

Not sure about Ferro. Her pro results are really poor as for now, couldn't even get out of 10k qualies she played this year. And having a decent junior ranking by playing a lot of tournaments doesn't make her a better player Dodin who is only 6 months older already has a top 200 win and more convincing results.
Zin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #30
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zin View Post
Not sure about Ferro. Her pro results are really poor as for now, couldn't even get out of 10k qualies she played this year. And having a decent junior ranking by playing a lot of tournaments doesn't make her a better player Dodin who is only 6 months older already has a top 200 win and more convincing results.
Anyways, Oceane Dodin is the only current good french hope with top 50 potential. It's tough for the others, but realistic.

Ferro is the best born in 97. And she has many 3 sets defeats. It means that she's at least fighting.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote