Wild Cards predictions - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #1
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of
Wild Cards predictions

So, who will get the wild cards this year?

* For MD: the US WC will go to the best player of the 3 next US challenger tournaments. For now, Falconi and Riske lead the race. I guess the Australian WC will go to Barty.
I don't see many options for the 6 French girls: Foretz, Garcia, Feuerstein, Razzano, Rezaï and Pavlovic are pretty safe IMO because I honestly can't see anyone else getting these WCs

* For QD: normally the 8 WCs will go to French girls since last year junior champion (Beck) is already in MD. There is not a single girl who really stands out and the girls who are ranked closest to the qualies cut-off (Beltrame, Larrière, Georges, Lim) are having a poor year so far so the battle for these QWCs will be interesting in the next weeks. We'll probably have some surprises. I hope to see new faces in qualies like Océane Dodin, Constance Sibille or Irina Ramialison

Last edited by Zin : Apr 20th, 2013 at 06:37 PM.
Zin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #2
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of
Re: Wild Cards predictions

Aus wildcard might go to Jarka, I'm pretty sick of Barty getting wildcards. She needs to prove herself more IMO.

For the 6 french ones. Razzano, Garcia, Rezai (if fit) Foretz and Feuerstein are locked in. then between Coin and Pavlovic.

QD Hesse and Sateun I think will get one as young (1993) improvers. Then obviously Beltrame, Larrierre, Georges and Lim.

But the French Federation have every right to throw in a curve ball. If I was giving them out as a neutral, Bencic deserves a QWC, obviously not being French she probably won't take one.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #3
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

Has Barty ever played qualies at a Slam? TA should definitely give their WC to Gajdosova.
Tennis Tipping: CH: 15 Current: 15 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 19 Current: 19 Champion: 2013 Birmingham, 2014 Montreal
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 80 Current: 81 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:11 AM   #4
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of

Aus- Barty
USA- USTA winner
Fra- Garcia (defo)
Fra-Feurestein- almost a certainty
Fra- Foretz
Fra- Razzano (old fav, esp after Serna win)
Fra- Pavlovic
Fra- Larriere (where has she been over the last few months? inj? Only bakc lst week I think)

As much as I like Rezai, think she shall miss out- unless she catches on fire over next few weeks.
Maybe Coin is the alt?

Can't see Jarka geting it over Barty. Casey moe of a chnace than Jarka

QDWC

1. Georges (athough she has been in terrible
2. Lim
3. Guisard (back from inj over last 12 months??
4. Hesse
5. Seaturn
6. Sibille
7. Ramialison (has played ok in ITF's over last month)
8. Maybe Beltrame ....or Thorpe....

Doubles WC (presuming Cornet, Mladenovic & JOhansson get in directly)

I'd be shockd if the first 2 don't get in, together as well
1. Foretz Coin
2. Beltrame Thorpe
3. Lim Larriere
4. Garica maybe with Pavlovic
5. Razzano Feurestein

6....not really anyone stands out for this one but maybe Georges Guisard
HOS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:54 PM   #5
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
Has Barty ever played qualies at a Slam? TA should definitely give their WC to Gajdosova.
2011 US open as a wild card aged 15 lost in QR1 to Glushko 4&4.
Other than that she's had 2 AO wildcards (understandable) the 2012 RG one and Wimbledon as junior champion.

@Joeh_37
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM   #6
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh37 View Post
2011 US open as a wild card aged 15 lost in QR1 to Glushko 4&4.
Other than that she's had 2 AO wildcards (understandable) the 2012 RG one and Wimbledon as junior champion.
Barty will undoubtedly get the Aussie wild card - that's 5 wild cards in 6 GS and she only just turns 17 tomorrow, has she got the words WC tattooed on her arm or something? She must be on for some sort of Open era record and she has not even beaten anyone in the top 100 outside team competitions! Personally I think it is about time the ITF either abolished the 'wild card swap' or restricted it so that no player can receive more than 2 WCs into slams in the same 12 month period, because all these WCs for Barty is becoming beyond a joke. I would much rather the wild card went to some other prospect like Siniakova or a good CC player like Ormaechea than Barty.

The US will go to the USTA winner though again, I think that Maria Sanchez, who is yet to receive a GS main draw of any sort, is far more deserving than the likes of Falconi or Riske.

French girls will get the other 6 - my guess is Foretz Gacon, Garcia, Pavlovic, Razzano (for beating Serena), Feuerstein and either Rezai or Coin.

Last edited by StephenUK : Apr 23rd, 2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: change a sentence
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #7
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute

My predictions :

MD :
- Barty
- USTA winner
- Foretz
- Garcia
- Feuerstein
- Rezai
- Razzano
- Coin

Pavlovic has a 2nd round to defend but she really is in poor form

QWC :

- Larriere (if fit)
- Beltrame
- Thorpe
- Lim
- Georges
- Hesse
- Ramialison
- Suvrijn

Sibille is coming back from injury, Seateun also had some problems, same for Guisard, maybe Dodin, Arcangioli or De Bernardi if they perform well before the anouncement...
janko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #8
country flag joeh37

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenUK View Post
Personally I think it is about time the ITF either abolished the 'wild card swap' or restricted it so that no player can receive more than 2 WCs into slams in the same 12 month period, because all these WCs for Barty is becoming beyond a joke.
That's a good system. I thought there were restrictions on WC anyway but they clearly don't apply at GS level.
My problem with the swap system currently. Is that due to the lack of comparable depth in Australia compared to USA and France, it's getting to the point where Barty is the only viable option.
Rogowska is never fit. Dellacqua has no prospects in singles anymore. Rodionovia is hated. And Jarka has a whole heap of health problems.

@Joeh_37
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #9
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

md:
rezai
garcia
feuerstein
foretz gacon
razzano
coin
usa: the winner of the tour
aus: barty

qwcs:
lim
georges
larriere
thorpe
beltrame
3 more that i dont know =P

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #10
country flag colt13

colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Razzano and Garcia being locks, wouldn't be surprised to see some surprises for the MD. No predictions for qualies. Barty played Fed Cup, so I think she is a lock.
colt13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:55 AM   #11
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Is Shelby Rogers currently leading the race for the US wild card?
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM   #12
country flag StephenUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh37 View Post
That's a good system. I thought there were restrictions on WC anyway but they clearly don't apply at GS level.
My problem with the swap system currently. Is that due to the lack of comparable depth in Australia compared to USA and France, it's getting to the point where Barty is the only viable option.
Rogowska is never fit. Dellacqua has no prospects in singles anymore. Rodionovia is hated. And Jarka has a whole heap of health problems.
Australia is bringing the whole 'wild card' swap into disrepute because their players are not good enough to deserve wild cards into any slam besides their own. And I do think that it is totally wrong for any player to receive 3 wild cards into slams in the same 12 months, Barty is getting more favourable treatment than any other player of the Open era, including all the greats.

Wimbledon does not participate in this dodgy set up and gives out wild cards to foreign players on a much fairer basis - to the junior winner, to players who have excelled in the grass court run-up, and to players who have reached last 16 or better of Roland Garros. RG should ditch the wild card swap and come up with something similar for their last 2 wild cards in my opinion.

Last edited by StephenUK : May 1st, 2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Add a sentence
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #13
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Barty will undoubtedly get the Aussie wild card - that's 5 wild cards in 6 GS and she only just turns 17 tomorrow, has she got the words WC tattooed on her arm or something? She must be on for some sort of Open era record and she has not even beaten anyone in the top 100 outside team competitions! Personally I think it is about time the ITF either abolished the 'wild card swap' or restricted it so that no player can receive more than 2 WCs into slams in the same 12 month period, because all these WCs for Barty is becoming beyond a joke. I would much rather the wild card went to some other prospect like Siniakova or a good CC player like Ormaechea than Barty.

The US will go to the USTA winner though again, I think that Maria Sanchez, who is yet to receive a GS main draw of any sort, is far more deserving than the likes of Falconi or Riske.

French girls will get the other 6 - my guess is Foretz Gacon, Garcia, Pavlovic, Razzano (for beating Serena), Feuerstein and either Rezai or Coin.

Quote:
Australia is bringing the whole 'wild card' swap into disrepute because their players are not good enough to deserve wild cards into any slam besides their own. And I do think that it is totally wrong for any player to receive 3 wild cards into slams in the same 12 months, Barty is getting more favourable treatment than any other player of the Open era, including all the greats.

Wimbledon does not participate in this dodgy set up and gives out wild cards to foreign players on a much fairer basis - to the junior winner, to players who have excelled in the grass court run-up, and to players who have reached last 16 or better of Roland Garros. RG should ditch the wild card swap and come up with something similar for their last 2 wild cards in my opinion.
Why all the hate?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM   #14
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
So why were you complaining when Ash got a Wimbledon WC last year?

#hypocrite
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM   #15
country flag StephenUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky-GOAT View Post
So why were you complaining when Ash got a Wimbledon WC last year?

#hypocrite
No, I am not a hypocrite. Her Wimbledon wild card was far more deserved than her Roland Garros one because she had won the junior title and also a $50k on grass; but having said that, winning the junior title had not got Kris Pliskova a WC the previous year. I was objecting to her receiving wild cards into three successive grand slams, which I still think is ludicrous for any player, whatever their nationality - similar story with Melanie Oudin.