Best revenges of women's tennis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Pick your favorite

Serena on Henin 40 56.34%
Clijsters on Venus 11 15.49%
Serena on Venus 3 4.23%
Venus on Sharapova 17 23.94%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #1
country flag Leo St

Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute
Best revenges of women's tennis

Oh the sweet taste.
I pre selected some that i feel are worth mentioning but you can come back with anything you can think abou.
It doesnt have to be a single match. May as well be a bigger scenario.

Serena on Henin
Then, owner of "only" 11 slams, serena won the ao over one of her biggest rivals and made sure henin knew she would never be in her league.

Clijsters on Venus
Overshadowed by venus in her early carreer, clijsters came back and completely turned the h2h, winning all of their matches in her second try.

Serena on Venus
From being venus pidgeon, serena went on to win "only" 4 consecutive slams over her beloved sister.

Venus on Sharapova
after the heavy loss suffered by serena at w04, venus sure had a special taste removing sharapova at w05

I won't mention serena's revenge herself against sharapova because it would be the obvious option since its probably the biggest revenge of all times since kill bill.. actually i think it started before the movie.

Last edited by Leo St : Apr 20th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Leo St is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #2
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best revenges of women's tennis

These come to mind first:

Serena:
2003:
Loses to Clijsters at YEC 02, saves 2 MP and comes back from a 5-1 third set deficit in the OZ semifinals
Blew a 61 53 lead against Mauresmo in Rome, annihilates her at the French Open
2005:
Avenging her Wimbledon & YEC defeats against Sharapova the year before, saves 3 MP and wins at OZ (and then makes her pay for another 8 years)
2008:
Loses to Henin at 3 slams in 07, rips her apart in Miami

Sharapova:
2008:
Loses to Radwanska at the Open in 07, hits her off the court in Doha 2008
Loses one of the tightest matches of her career against Henin at the YEC 07, destroys her at the Aussie Open
2012:
Loses Wimbledon 2011 final to Kvitova, beats her in an intense semifinal at the Aussie Open
Loses to Lisicki at Wimbledon, comes back in dramatic fashion at the Olympics

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #3
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting a different kind of "revenge".

- Serena over Justine at Wim '03 after their RG '03 SF.
- Steffi over Tina at RG '99 after "the comments".
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #4
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
I was expecting a different kind of "revenge".

- Serena over Justine at Wim '03 after their RG '03 SF.
- Steffi over Tina at RG '99 after "the comments".
Yup, that's the definition of revenge right there. Brutal stuff.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #5
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Sharapova:
2008:
Loses to Radwanska at the Open in 07, hits her off the court in Doha 2008
Loses one of the tightest matches of her career against Henin at the YEC 07, destroys her at the Aussie Open
2012:
Loses Wimbledon 2011 final to Kvitova, beats her in an intense semifinal at the Aussie Open
Loses to Lisicki at Wimbledon, comes back in dramatic fashion at the Olympics
That Doha 2008 match was probably the only one of their 10 meetings that wasn't a complete horror show

Anyways, for Venus I was thinking her 2000 Wimbledon QF and USO SF wins over Hingis; after losing 4 straight matches to Hingis in slams/YEC including a three setter at the USO the previous year. Both matches along with the 1999 USO were very high quality encounters.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #6
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon 2003 SF immediately came to mind...

\ /
I V
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #7
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #8
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryuken View Post
Wimbledon 2003 SF immediately came to mind...

Yassssss!!!!!! I love it!
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #9
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #10
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

JuJu 6-0 6-0 Bartoli.
Your faves could never.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #11
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensity View Post
the difference is, Maria played close to her peak in that Wimbledon match and still lost it.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #12
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Capriati over Serena at the French Open 2004..... she stopped the bleeding that day.

Kimmie against Serena at the US Open 2009.... I still think this is the most comprehensive beatdown an inform Serena has had by anyone not named Venus.

Kim against Henin once Henin came back..... Kim completely dominated her.

Seles against Hingis.... Hingis dominated her at first but Seles made one of her two wins count... by denying her a spot to compete for the FO final in 1998. Poor Hingis would be denied by Seles and then Graf a year later in two of her best chances to win the French.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #13
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
the difference is, Maria played close to her peak in that Wimbledon match and still lost it.
I know, I know the '05 match was more peak to peak but I couldn't find any other recent revenge.

I find this picture hilarious, Pova wins this time but the same thing happens at the net

Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #14
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck View Post
JuJu 6-0 6-0 Bartoli.
Your faves could never.
That's the one that immediately sprung to mind for me as well. It wasn't just the scoreline, it was the style with which she did it as well. Too clinical to call it show boating but it was a breathtaking exhibition none the less. I remember in the last game Bartoli, seemingly bossing the rally, came into the net only for Justine to hit a running, topspin lob that landed less than a foot inside the corner of the court. The commentator said, "Oh Justine, stop it." I think it's the only time I've heard a commentator pleading for mercy on behalf of a player.
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #15
country flag Stonerpova
`

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
Capriati over Serena at the French Open 2004..... she stopped the bleeding that day.

Kimmie against Serena at the US Open 2009.... I still think this is the most comprehensive beatdown an inform Serena has had by anyone not named Venus.

Kim against Henin once Henin came back..... Kim completely dominated her.

Seles against Hingis.... Hingis dominated her at first but Seles made one of her two wins count... by denying her a spot to compete for the FO final in 1998. Poor Hingis would be denied by Seles and then Graf a year later in two of her best chances to win the French.
LOL

Tweet. Tumble. Blog.