Did Richard W ever bring any "Crips" to wimbledon?? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #31
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Richard W ever bring any "Crips" to wimbledon??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Really? Plus . . .it's easy to turn that around and ask the same about Williams - where it's actually true. How I see it is that the man had a strong intent and he succeeded. How he did it means nothing in hindsight - there are just way too many factors. In fact if Williams wasn't an African-American man, he wouldn't be getting much attention. Graf, Seles, Evert were originally coached by their fathers a very common thing in women's tennis.
Evert had siblings coached by their father. Where is their place I History?
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #32
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

A good coach gets assistance when s/he sees a need.

However, this thread seems like deliberate trolling, and I'm basing that on OP's responses to posters. Seems s/he wants to score points.

Well, there isn't really an open Serena thread, so...s/he opens this one. You'd think it was the off-season.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #33
neorules

neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all

edificio--- what are these points of which you speak? Are they good for anything? My guess is if a good coach gets "assistance" when he or she sees a need, they should also give credit where credit is due. Guidance could also replace the word assistance. just sayin'
neorules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #34
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorules View Post
I guess then you are admitting that RICK MACCI was instrumental in the Williams sisters success to a much larger degree then ever acknowledged by Richard. Thank You, Mission accomplished.
No. No "admission" required. It was OBVIOUS from the beginning. Now, based on your response, it's safe to assume you were just too blind to see it.

Anybody with eyes knows it's safe to assume that Richard didn't take his girls to Macci and Bollitieri for no reason. Like I said, it's a no brainer.

You're making an useless argument that no one here has any way of quantifying - ie, "to what degree did Rick Macci effect the sisters career?"

It's foolish to attempt to do so unless you simply want to put the question out there simply to score speculative points. Fine. Congratulations. You scored points with the SCURRILOUS crowd. Good for you. That makes you one of their peers.

...there. Feel better now? ...Ego stroked?

Grownups realize the question is futile. The very fact that Richard HIMSELF reached out to and took his daughters to Macci MEANS that he (RICHARD) thought Macci had something to offer. The fact that Richard took them to Bollitieri's MEANS Bollitieri had something to offer.

It's OBVIOUS.

Otherwise, it was simply a waste of time and money. Good Lord, are you that dense. For some reason, I don't think so.

Again, you've clarified nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorules View Post
...if a good coach gets "assistance" when he or she sees a need, they should also give credit where credit is due....
If the above is the argument you're TRYING to make, then that - imho - is an argument worth making.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #35
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
A good coach gets assistance when s/he sees a need.

However, this thread seems like deliberate trolling, and I'm basing that on OP's responses to posters. Seems s/he wants to score points.

Well, there isn't really an open Serena thread, so...s/he opens this one. You'd think it was the off-season.
That's about how I see it. This thread should be in a WS sub-forum anyway.
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #36
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Really? Plus . . .it's easy to turn that around and ask the same about Williams - where it's actually true. How I see it is that the man had a strong intent and he succeeded. How he did it means nothing in hindsight - there are just way too many factors. In fact if Williams wasn't an African-American man, he wouldn't be getting much attention. Graf, Seles, Evert were originally coached by their fathers a very common thing in women's tennis.
First of all when did being an African America become an advantage in the tennis culture, secondly the players you named had no problem having access to tennis and neither did their parents, thirdly, what's their sisters names and what were their rankings? I know it's difficult for you to give a black person credit for their achievements but this is reaching even for you.
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #37
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
First of all when did being an African America become an advantage in the tennis culture,
People post a lot of rubbish on here but So . . .my stating that Williams gets more attention than other fathers of prominent tennis players because he's African-American translates to you as me claiming that "being black is an advantage in the tennis culture"? Think a bit before you respond to things will ya?
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #38
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

I read this as did he bring 'crisps' (i.e potato chips) to Wimbledon.
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #39
country flag pov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
Luv it!
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #40
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post

The most shocking thing in this video is that Richard was making $52,000.00 in the 70's, and his wife was a registered nurse, and yet, they decided to live in the slums, dodge hellstorms of bullets each and every day, bribe violent gang members for protection of young girls, and play on tennis courts where they had to sweep away crack vials and heroin needles.

faboozadoo15 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #41
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post

The most shocking thing in this video is that Richard was making $52,000.00 in the 70's, and his wife was a registered nurse, and yet, they decided to live in the slums, dodge hellstorms of bullets each and every day, bribe violent gang members for protection of young girls, and play on tennis courts where they had to sweep away crack vials and heroin needles.

Its no wonder his daughters are so mentally tough and all out fighters today because of it...
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #42
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
Its no wonder his daughters are so mentally tough and all out fighters today because of it...
Do you think that proves these myths he's been spouting off for decades? Even a broken watch is right twice per day....

Chris Evert is probably the mentally toughest player of all time and grew up playing at country clubs.
faboozadoo15 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #43
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you think that proves these myths he's been spouting off for decades? Even a broken watch is right twice per day....

Chris Evert is probably the mentally toughest player of all time and grew up playing at country clubs.
Great that worked for Chrissie doesn't mean it would have worked for Venus and Serena. That claim about her being the mentally toughest player is debatable for sure. Also Richard's income was taking care of 5 daughters and his wife so although 52,000 is a decent amount of money for the 70s-80s its not when you consider all he probably had to spend.

Either way if thats what I think I'm entitled to feel that way why is that you care so?
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #44
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The memory loss has already begun about the U.S race relations. Or you're just ignorant.
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #45
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Wow. This video has so many predictions that would have made them look ridiculous and pathetic back in 20 years ago (Serena's "I want other people to be like me.")

It's amazing that they achieved all that completely.