Did Richard W ever bring any "Crips" to wimbledon?? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #16
country flag JLG

JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Richard W ever bring any "Crips" to wimbledon??

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
He's married to one now
just kidding. I enjoyed that video.
hehe

I see why he's with her though, I ain't gonna lie
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #17
neorules

neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
There's nothing to "clarify" unless you know absolutely nothing about tennis.

Anyone who knows anything about the sisters knows that both girls studied with Macci and ALSO with Bollitieri as well.

Like many sports, there can be more than one "coach." The fact is that Richard was the "HCIC" (ya'll know what I mean) and whatever he said was went. That sounds an awful lot like a head COACH to me.
What is Clarified and revealed is the fact that Higher level knowledge was HIRED. If you had that knowledge then why pay someone (Macci) 2-300 dollrs/hr. Once the girls were guided onto the proper path technique wise, then develop the new habits, then bang heads with better competition at Bolletteris until you are ready for world class competition. Why deny this fact?
neorules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #18
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorules View Post
What is Clarified and revealed is the fact that Higher level knowledge was HIRED. If you had that knowledge then why pay someone (Macci) 2-300 dollrs/hr. Once the girls were guided onto the proper path technique wise, then develop the new habits, then bang heads with better competition at Bolletteris until you are ready for world class competition. Why deny this fact?
If it's so easy where are their other world class stars?

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75 VENUS WILLIAMS 64 76
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 62 62 EKATERINA MAKAROVA 64 62 ANA IVANOVIC 63 64
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #19
country flag leftbrian

leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future

I also love the fact that Venus and Serena's 1st slams are the ones they said they wanted to win first when there were kids. They were adorable in the video.
leftbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #20
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorules View Post
What is Clarified and revealed is the fact that Higher level knowledge was HIRED. ...Why deny this fact?

No. It's not clarifying. You get no points for stating the obvious around here.

Richard wasn't DONATING his money to Macci and Bolitieri. Clearly, he recognized the need that certain other coaches could refine the the girls' talents. That's a no brainer. No one that I have read here has ever denied that. But the fact that Richard OVERSAW those coaches and made the final decisions is a no brainer too. Just ask Rick Macci about that.

And for the record, initially, it was Macci who financed Richard - paying for the family move, setting them up in Florida and hiring Richard.

Most all of these are facts that have been out there since the beginning.

The idea that you're trying to present these long established facts as some sort of grand observation that YOU'VE made and have now deigned to reveal your "amazing insight" to us is just ...but hey, suit yourself. Whatever gets you through the day.

Last edited by DOUBLEFIST : Apr 17th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #21
country flag fufuqifuqishahah
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

Has Richard helped coach anyone else?
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #22
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post

Yup he brought 1 every year.
LMAO!!!!!! I spit out my drink!!!!
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #23
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
If it's so easy where are their other world class stars?
Really? Plus . . .it's easy to turn that around and ask the same about Williams - where it's actually true. How I see it is that the man had a strong intent and he succeeded. How he did it means nothing in hindsight - there are just way too many factors. In fact if Williams wasn't an African-American man, he wouldn't be getting much attention. Graf, Seles, Evert were originally coached by their fathers a very common thing in women's tennis.
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #24
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Predicted both would meet in a slam final: check
Predicted Venus would win Wimbledon 1st: check
Predicted Serena would win US Open 1st: check

Richard

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #25
neorules

neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post

No. It's not clarifying. You get no points for stating the obvious around here.

Richard wasn't DONATING his money to Macci and Bolitieri. Clearly, he recognized the need that certain other coaches could refine the the girls' talents. That's a no brainer. No one that I have read here has ever denied that. But the fact that Richard OVERSAW those coaches and made the final decisions is a no brainer too. Just ask Rick Macci about that.

And for the record, initially, it was Macci who financed Richard - paying for the family move, setting them up in Florida and hiring Richard.

Most all of these are facts that have been out there since the beginning.

The idea that you're trying to present these long established facts as some sort of grand observation that YOU'VE made and have now deigned to reveal your "amazing insight" to us is just ...but hey, suit yourself. Whatever gets you through the day.
I guess then you are admitting that RICK MACCI was instrumental in the Williams sisters success to a much larger degree then ever acknowledged by Richard. Thank You, Mission accomplished.
neorules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #26
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post

Richard
OracleW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
"Jesus take the wheel"
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #27
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
It would be impressive if he wasn't their father who was watching them train and play almost everyday. Given that, the only slightly impressive one to me is the meeting in a final.
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #28
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
It would be impressive if he wasn't their father who was watching them train and play almost everyday. Given that, the only slightly impressive one to me is the meeting in a final.
But winning a slam is so hard, how would he know that the sisters, at 12 and 10 years old, would be good enough to win slams?

And to guess them right, that is incredibly impressive to me.

There are so many great young kids who just fail at the WTA level.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #29
country flag Bad Blood
私を強姦してくださいお兄ちゃん

Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufuqifuqishahah View Post
Has Richard helped coach anyone else?
All of the other girls were too scared. Honestly if Serena/Venus have sons/daughters one day, he should coach them. Turn them into GOATS as well

Bad Blood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #30
country flag Bad Blood
私を強姦してくださいお兄ちゃん

Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
How is predicting that ANYONE would win a slam not impressive? There are MILLIONS of great tennis players in the world that definitely play Grand Slam quality, but only a MAXIMUM of 4 per year actually win the slams. The odds were so far stacked against Venus/Serena/Richard that even if 1 of those 3 things became true, it would've been a miracle. But to have all 3 come true, MULTIPLE TIMES, you won't see that until a few lifetimes later

Bad Blood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote