Who will you cheer for: Vera or Lena? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #16
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
the cat, I watched that match from the stands and it wa mys feeling that Kim didn't really win it... Vera lost it by making couple of ue in one game and then turning all negative... you really can't do it. (and that's what I mean by saying that she is very mentally fragile)

Last edited by tenn_ace : Jan 12th, 2003 at 12:23 PM.
tenn_ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #17
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
I have also some doubts regarding Vera.

OK, I admit I have only seen one match of her yet (the one against Kim) but I didn't like at all what I was seeing.
It one thing to get mad at yourself and cry AFTER losing a match, it's another thing if you do that when you are just from 5-4 to 5-6 in the second set after having won the first, like Vera did in that match. You have to stay positive. Vera was much too hard to herslef and lost a streak of games which cost her the match.
It was probably the same when she blew that 6-2 5-0 lead against Schiavone (?) at FO. Lose one or two games, get upset, lose (almost) everything.
And from the reports I have read it was the same when she lost to Cho one week ago.

She has to work on that. She will always lose matches, and she has to learn how to handle that. Frankly I don't see her entering the top 10 with this attitude.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #18
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
ys, you make good points about the Russian mentality and Dementieva and Kournikova. But let's give Zvonareva a chance to prove herself on tour before you label her mentally fragile. I only saw her play one match, and that was against the "S-Train" Serena Williams last year at the French Open. And I was impressed by Vera even though she was tired and Serena came back to beat Vera in 3 sets.

Zvonareva will beat Bovina! I guarantee it! Vera will handle the heat better than Elena and that will be the difference.

Udachi Vera!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 02:22 PM   #19
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #20
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
The difference between E. Bovina and other leading Russian players is having fulltime highly professional Western tennis coach and not having one..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:27 PM   #21
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
that match vs Kim ...... Vera really had it in the bag, she made one major basic error and from there it all went wrong.

Plus we shouldn't be "in-fighting"
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #22
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Of course I will cheer for my #1 Favorite Russian player: Elena Bovina. Thanks for asking!
auntie janie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #23
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future
tough one but I'll go with Elena B

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2003, 04:01 AM   #24
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Elena crushed Vera losing only 3 games! Can I get back on Elena's bandwagon?

The bottom line is this. Size does matter in women's tennis! And Elena has the size!

Udachi Elena!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 04:29 AM   #25
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
size isn't everything
timing and your head is more important
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2003, 04:31 AM   #26
the cat

I didn't say size was everything. But it does matter. Ask Vera Zvonareva if size matters after the pounding she took from Elena Bovina!