Who will you cheer for: Vera or Lena? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 05:12 AM   #1
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Who will you cheer for: Vera or Lena?

it's so tough... I love both, so I don't care who wins... Although I think Lena has better chances if she moves to later rounds. Vera is so mentally fragile.

Last edited by tenn_ace : Jan 11th, 2003 at 05:51 AM.
tenn_ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:38 AM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
I will cheer for both

i want the winner to make week 2
good luck girls
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 12:23 PM   #3
country flag [S@nti]

[S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of [S@nti] has much to be proud of
Vera

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _. _.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ . . _ _ _ _ . _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ .
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _ . _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _

[Marta Marrero On-Line]
[S@nti] is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #4
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I'll cheer for Vera over Elena! From what I've seen, Vera Zvonareva is the guttsiest and the best fighter of the female Russian tennis players! And I like her aggressive attitude! I wish more Russian tennis players played with the fire and emotion Vera does! Unfortunately they don't. Vera has the heart of a champion! And I hope she becomes one!

tenn_ace, if Vera is "so mentally fragile" as you say she is, what does that make the likes of Anna Kournikova, Elena Dementieva and Anastasia Myskina, who are hardly mentally tough?
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jan 11th, 2003 at 01:11 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:44 PM   #5
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Lena
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:51 PM   #6
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
I'll cheer for Vera. Personal reasons
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #7
country flag vaiva

vaiva has disabled reputation
I'm on Vera's side

I don't think she's mentally tough enough so she needs a good win for her confidence. And I like her more than Lena
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:59 PM   #8
country flag snoop
Team WTAworld

snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute snoop has a reputation beyond repute
Elena
snoop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #9
country flag igost

igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold
Vera
Jelena Dokic, Daniela Hántuchova, Ana Ivanovic
Masha Kirilenko, Nastya Rodionova, Alina Jidkova

To all players on tour: stay healthy and play your best
igost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:35 PM   #10
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
the cat, honey, the difference between Vera and the ones you've mentioned is that Vera chokes quite a lot... I know she's still young and have plenty to learn, but youngsters usually are not afraid of anyone... Her loss to Clijsters at the US Open is the best example.
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:37 PM   #11
country flag tenn_ace

btw, I wouldn't put Nastya together with Anna and Lena. I think she's, at least, a level higher in terms of mentall toughness.

Lena is used to be, but not anymore.
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 09:19 PM   #12
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
tenn_ace honey , how can you possibly hold that loss to Clijsters against Vera? It was her first U.S. Open afterall, and Clijsters is a much better tennis player that an inexperienced Vera. Give her a couple years of full time play before you label her "so mentally fragile". It's far too soon for that.

I love Vera's tough and tenacious qualities! I only wish all the Russian girls had her qualities. But they unfortunately don't!

You're right tenn_ace about Nastya being a level higher than Kournikova and Dementieva when it comes to mental toughness. But knowing how mentally fragile Anna and Elena are, that's not exactly a compliment for Anastasia, is it?
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #13
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
how can you possibly hold that loss to Clijsters against Vera? It was her first U.S. Open afterall, and Clijsters is a much better tennis player that an inexperienced Vera. Give her a couple years of full time play before you label her "so mentally fragile". It's far too soon for that.
the cat, with Russians it works the other way around. Remember that Anna and Elena D. were the toughest players mentally not only in Russia, but also on Tour in their earlier year. Then both had injuries and never been same again. But they were at least trained the right way. Injuries broke their spirit, but from the very beginning they were very tought mentally, no signs of fragility at all, absolutely fearless. Vera is just starting her career, and she already is very fragile mentally, and it will only get worse.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #14
country flag TatiAnnahølic

TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute
Lena
TatiAnnahølic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #15
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
But I am on no one's side in this. I do have a feeling that Elena has superior chances of making it into the second week.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote