Have you ever read Bible? - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Yes. 33 55.93%
No. 15 25.42%
Hard to say. 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #106
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have you ever read Bible?

Read the whole portion at least twice, have Korean, English, Ancient Greek, Latin version of it. NT is a good practice source for reading those dead languages. I have Koran too, should read it sometime..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #107
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Read the whole portion at least twice, have Korean, English, Ancient Greek, Latin version of it. NT is a good practice source for reading those dead languages. I have Koran too, should read it sometime..
Wouldn't you be better off reading Cicero or Plato? I thought Bible Greek was Koine Greek not Attic.
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #108
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Wouldn't you be better off reading Cicero or Plato? I thought Bible Greek was Koine Greek not Attic.
Oh I've read some Cicero and Plato. Cicero is a real bitch Some portions are just so difficult!

And yeah, Koine it is but there's not much difference

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #109
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
It's the most important book ever, please read it!!! Read it on your own, though.
And what would be your favourite role Helen? Delilah? Sheba? One of the Mary's?

I went to Sunday School for several years - loved it, preferred it to day school. I absolutely loved the Children's Bible. In particular the Old Testament which is far more dramatic and interesting than the New, in my view! the Old has a lot of lessons for life, and has also served Hollywood well. I think I'm Jewish at heart! Is it still possible to convert?

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM   #110
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talula,

I think I'm Jewish at heart! Is it still possible to convert?

I had a discussion with a spokesman for Jewish group that actually welcomes converts into Judaism. However his group makes numerous errors. One being that they believe Judaism is a religion. By contrast the Bible shows that under Mosaic law it is a people descended of a group of 12 Israelite tribes in the Old Testament. But that same book shows that people came into the fold by way of adoption or amalgamation. See Ezekiel 47:22,

it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

Thus, a stranger [one who is a newcomer as defined in http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...s=H1616&t=KJV], also known as a Gentile, inherits the same rights as native born according to the Old Testament. Bear in mind that in this volume Judaism constitutes a series of ethnic groups and only part of the 12 tribes of Israel.

The New Testament tells us there are no more strangers per Ephesians 2:19-22,

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]

Galatians 3:29 says,

If ye be Christ's then ye are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

Thus, Christians are no longer Gentiles as Abraham's fold is widely expanded under Messianic law. Note how both the Mosaic and Messianic law emphasize membership in Abraham's fold of which Jews were only a tribal subgroup within the 12 tribes.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM   #111
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Oh I've read some Cicero and Plato. Cicero is a real bitch Some portions are just so difficult!

And yeah, Koine it is but there's not much difference

Oh ok. I thought it was really different. I have an Attic Greek textbook which I need to progress beyond Chapter 1.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 12:17 PM   #112
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post

I went to Sunday School for several years - loved it, preferred it to day school. I absolutely loved the Children's Bible. In particular the Old Testament which is far more dramatic and interesting than the New, in my view! the Old has a lot of lessons for life, and has also served Hollywood well. I think I'm Jewish at heart! Is it still possible to convert?
U wanna be Jewish? Why? Ppl will hate you for it u can't eat this and that so many things u must so or can't do

Very hard

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 12:21 PM   #113
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

There are only two tribes, the rest were lost or as some think marry a non Jewish woman and their for arnt Jewish (their kids)

Only if ur mom is Jewish ur Jewish if not they ur not

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM   #114
country flag antonella

antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
Helen would make a very convincing Serpent.