4 Gay NFL Players to Potentially "Come Out" - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should the gay NFL players reveal themselves?

Yes 20 64.52%
No (Stay Hidden/In Closet) 1 3.23%
Private Lives Shouldn't Matter 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #31
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4 Gay NFL Players to Potentially "Come Out"

bring them to me bb
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #32
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I voted "private lives . . . " However the way I see it is that also means not jumping through hoops to hide one's sexuality. But yeah, as unpopular as it seems to be - I'm all about peoples' private lives being private. Of course what then would internet bloggers have to write about.
Private lives are important, but I think this is something that needs to be brought into public discourse. I think it's a problem that out of the ~5,000 athletes in the 4 major men's profession sports in the US, not one is openly gay, and it's not a problem that is going to be solved by people remaining silent on their private lives. There should be at least ONE role model for gay male athletes.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #33
country flag Number19

Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
This would be huge for sports all over.
Especially, out of the big 4 sports I would've thought the NFL would be the last not the first. The NHL I thought would be the first as its not as big in USA and Canada being a little more open. Thought one NHLer was going to near the end of his career or just after but then he joined the NHLPA. But the NHL and NHLPA are doing this.
Number19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #34
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
. Look at Justin Fashanu, he came out as gay and then he committed suicide.
His suicide had nothing to do with coming out. It was years after coming out and he had been accused of raping a minor.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #35
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
His suicide had nothing to do with coming out. It was years after coming out and he had been accused of raping a minor.
It was related to coming out. The accusation was part of it, but he had basically been forced out of his club and had to deal with a head coach that treated him like dirt after coming out, some teammates ostracized him, and crowds shouted abuse at him. The suicide came after years of shit, the sexual assault allegation may have been the proverbial final straw, but coming out had a HUGE part in his depression. Not that I'm saying this would necessarily happen if a player came out today.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #36
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
I had no idea who he was. I looked him up and I think that you're right about this.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #37
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
I had no idea who he was. I looked him up and I think that you're right about this.
How? How can you say this? At that point in his life (the years after coming out) he had been denied a long-term contract with his club after coming out, been publicly criticized by teammates who didn't want gay teammates, been harassed by his homophobic head coach, been disowned by his brother, and dealt with crowds who shouted homophobic slurs at him. You honestly don't view this as contributing at all to his depression and state of mind? Then the accusation of sexually assaulting a 17 year old came out and it was the final straw. I can't even wrap my head around the idea that all that came before had nothing to do with his suicide and that it was just the accusation.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #38
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Even Robbie Rogers said he had to walk away from playing (in England at least) after coming out. Teammates might be okay with it now, but there are still way too many fans who wouldn't be or would just use it as an excuse to jeer/taunt opposition players. There's just been hundreds of neanderthals fighting for no real reason in an FA Cup semi final at Wembley. This is in 2013, imagine how much less tolerant these people would've been towards a gay player 20 years ago?

Imagine how it would've been 20 years ago. Fashanu didn't just have fans against him, he'd have teammates and coaches discriminating against him for it too. Playing through that for the best part of a decade must've been awful and evidently took its toll on him. The latter years of his career were a mess even before the sexual assualt allegations.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #39
country flag Bayo

Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Do we have the first one?

Kerry Rhoades

Nope, that's just his "assistant."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/11/kerry-...akeout-photos/

Serena's game is like the limitation of the spirit to it's very basic elements, sleep (or the process of going to sleep), eat, rerun [...] the two first, all and absolutely unnecessary to a person's life just like Serena's game is to tennis are often overpraised for whatever reasons in certain close-minded brain-broken societies.
Bayo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #40
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
How? How can you say this? At that point in his life (the years after coming out) he had been denied a long-term contract with his club after coming out, been publicly criticized by teammates who didn't want gay teammates, been harassed by his homophobic head coach, been disowned by his brother, and dealt with crowds who shouted homophobic slurs at him. You honestly don't view this as contributing at all to his depression and state of mind? Then the accusation of sexually assaulting a 17 year old came out and it was the final straw. I can't even wrap my head around the idea that all that came before had nothing to do with his suicide and that it was just the accusation.
I think his brother still doesn't acknowledge him, even all these years after his death.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #41
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayo View Post
Nope, that's just his "assistant."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/11/kerry-...akeout-photos/

Assistant? Yeah, right.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #42
country flag égalité

Assisting him with something, all right.

Management!
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #43
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah when they role play.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #44
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
Assistant? Yeah, right.
Right.

She must have that ill na na

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #45
country flag dybbuk

I'm jealous because Kerry is way hotter than his boyfriend. How did that little kid get him.