Difference between ATP and WTA top 20 in men's tennis it means something special. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #31
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Difference between ATP and WTA top 20 in men's tennis it means something special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
No this thread is meant to point out the WTA points system is deeply flawed. The ATP point system is VERY EASY to understand there are 250 events the smallest amount of points for the winner is 250 points. The next level up the mid level events are the 500. The winner gets 500 points. The Masters are the biggest events below the slams the winner gets 1000 points.

The WTA ranking system is too confusing to understand and that's why players like Zakapalova can sneak into the top 20.
I don't see what the problem is. MM are 280, Premiers are 470 and Premiers 5 are 900 if I'm not mistaken. Sure it's not like 250/500/1000 but this cannot be the reason why Koukalova can sneak into the top 20.

Plus there are also vultures in men's top 20. Someone said Seppi. Also what about Querrey? Almagro at #12 with 2 MM (250) isn't a good example of non-vulture.

Ranks 10 to 20 are not intended for GS winners. Get it straight mate. You will probably find vultures there. The true in-form champions are in the top-10 which is the right place to be.

Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #32
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Difference between ATP and WTA top 20 in men's tennis it means something special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
I don't see the point to compare the status of ATP top 20 with what WTA currently has; we all know that outside the top 10 other players are inconsistent, and it lacks the new faces to fill in, plus the injury etc. You can argue that women, in some cases, are more mentally fragile than men, but really so do few men tennis players, although they are less scrutinized.

Look at the Miami final for example, can you say that the men's final is seriously better that women's: IMO, women tennis has been in the best shape since for a while.
Women tennis has only been saved because the three best players are healthy although Azarenka is injured at the moment. Women's tennis needs Victoria Azarenka badly. Serena Williams is only getting older eventually she will decline due to age. Sharapova is hanging in there but she is not as good as Serena or Azarenka.

The top 3 players have SAVED the WTA Tour, seeing Wozniacki DECLINE is good for women's tennis. I respect Victoria Azarenka a young player who got to number by winning a grand slam. Azarenka was ranked number one when she WON the Australian Open for a second time. Azarenka, Sharapova, and Serena are SAVING the WTA Tour from being a joke they are the elite standard.

However, the quality of the 11 to 20 women in tennis some of them are a joke like Karla Zakapalova or whatever her name is. How is this lady top 20? Carla Suarez Navarro how the hell did she get into the WTA Top 20? What big results did she have?
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #33
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Difference between ATP and WTA top 20 in men's tennis it means something special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju Nostalgique View Post
I don't see what the problem is. MM are 280, Premiers are 470 and Premiers 5 are 900 if I'm not mistaken. Sure it's not like 250/500/1000 but this cannot be the reason why Koukalova can sneak into the top 20.

Plus there are also vultures in men's top 20. Someone said Seppi. Also what about Querrey?

Ranks 10 to 20 are not intended for GS winners. Get it straight mate. You will probably find vultures there. The true in-form champions are in the top-10 which is the right place to be.
What is a Premier 5? Why have a premier and a premier five have similar names? See women's tennis ranking system is flawed. Why give a winner of a premier 470 points that's dumb ATP ranking system easy to follow and superior.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #34
Alexandros

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Women tennis has only been saved because the three best players are healthy although Azarenka is injured at the moment. Women's tennis needs Victoria Azarenka badly. Serena Williams is only getting older eventually she will decline due to age. Sharapova is hanging in there but she is not as good as Serena or Azarenka.

The top 3 players have SAVED the WTA Tour, seeing Wozniacki DECLINE is good for women's tennis. I respect Victoria Azarenka a young player who got to number by winning a grand slam. Azarenka was ranked number one when she WON the Australian Open for a second time. Azarenka, Sharapova, and Serena are SAVING the WTA Tour from being a joke they are the elite standard.

However, the quality of the 11 to 20 women in tennis some of them are a joke like Karla Zakapalova or whatever her name is. How is this lady top 20? Carla Suarez Navarro how the hell did she get into the WTA Top 20? What big results did she have?
what big results did querrey and seppi have to still be hanging around in the top 20? top 20 WTA and ATP are both the same, dont even try to pretend that the top 4 in ATP arent slapping the rest silly.
Alexandros is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #35
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

I see why you only have 15.65 credits.
Standard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #36
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
For the reason they use to argue against equal pay, they are wrong. And I would tell them that. If they don't accept that then that's their problem. But what does that have to do with this thread anyway? You can't justify this fourm's immaturity by saying MTF is just as bad. Doesn't work like that.

Who cares if this thread "mocks" the WTA? Many of the regulars on this forum do that every day, calling players "scrubs" and "trash" and whatnot. Hey, at least the OP isn't a hypocrite.
In the ATP, for long time, there just 2 players dominating the top ranking, then 3 and now 4.

Outside of these 4 players, you would be hard pressed for casual fan to name the rest of the top 10.

So these arbitrary measures used to argue the superiority of ATP over WTA are just shallow and fluid

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #37
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
If that was the case we would surely be seeing more upsets at the hands of this ultra competitive, highly skilled 10-20 range.
What I said is actually the reason why WTA top 10 has more upset losses. Those highly skilled #10-20 players aren't in top 10 because top 10 is even better. Yes, they could beat a top 10 player like Haas did in Miami if they play their best tennis and the opponent isn't quite at his best. But, those ATP players are so consistent that there are not often days when a #10-20 player can upset a top 4 player. That's almost more likely at WTA even though #10-20 aren't as strong but the top 10 has so many headcases that they may be mugging up everything that day and a routine win becomes a terrible loss.
August is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #38
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Difference between ATP and WTA top 20 in men's tennis it means something special.

Quote:
What is a Premier 5? Why have a premier and a premier five have similar names? See women's tennis ranking system is flawed. Why give a winner of a premier 470 points that's dumb ATP ranking system easy to follow and superior.
You said that Koukalova sneaked into the top-20 because the point system is confusing. That's what I said was a ridiculous argument from you.

Plus I couldn't care less about casual fans who get confused. Of course the Tier system was a good one, it gave a clear explanation of the importance of a tournament. But that doesn't make the ranking system FLAWED.

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #39
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Wta>>>atp
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #40
country flag Morrissey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
In the ATP, for long time, there just 2 players dominating the top ranking, then 3 and now 4.

Outside of these 4 players, you would be hard pressed for casual fan to name the rest of the top 10.

So these arbitrary measures used to argue the superiority of ATP over WTA are just shallow and fluid
Like most people around the world know who Sara Errani is? I doubt most people in the world outside of Italy don't know who Errani is. Come on, most of the ATP top 20 are famous compared to the WTA top 20 because their results are better.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #41
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post

I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
You're being very selective.

You can throw loads of stupid stats around to argue completely different things (if we looked at the amount of slam winners in the top 20, the women would win, comfortably - does that say that the WTA top 20 is better or that it is easier to win a slam in women's tennis? No doubt you'd argue the latter) but at the end of the day it's all relative and can't be compared.
I both disagree with the OP's reasoning and defend his right to express it.
Third Mall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #42
Alexandros

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like most people around the world know who Sara Errani is? I doubt most people in the world outside of Italy don't know who Errani is. Come on, most of the ATP top 20 are famous compared to the WTA top 20 because their results are better.
Didn't know tennis was a High School popularity contest.

You just went full retard. Never go full retard.
Alexandros is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #43
Rest in peace Bally

Thumbs down Re: Difference between ATP and WTA top 20 in men's tennis it means something special.

Quote:
Sexism obviously doesn't play a role here...

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #44
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wouldn't say results are the reason for that. Men's tennis has always been the bigger thing so that's why #10-20 players are more famous on ATP than on WTA.
August is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #45
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Do us all a favour and just get your ass full of "blah, blah mens's tennis is sooo much bettah talk" out of here.
We've had enough of our crap lately, no one cares