Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:49 PM   #61
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
It's Portugal Open... Unless she's withdrawn.

29th April.
Don't know how many seeds they have but Laura is 17th ranked in the entry list, with Heather above her who is supposed to be out until the French, putting her at least 16th.

The way things have been going she may be better off not being seeded anyway - at least if she loses to one of the top seeds it won't feel as bad as losing again to someone ranked below her, & Dominguez Lino is there again.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 09:38 AM   #62
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting quote from Judy. It seems she spoke to Laura about her recent form. Laura's not in great physical shape at the moment which could also explain her recent losses. Judy knows a lot about what's really going on and it was an interesting quote.

Laura's struggling with consistency (understandable) and she's out of shape physically is what Judy seems to think. It's obviously not made clear it was Laura directly but if you read between the lines you'll know.

Quote:
'The further you go the more sacrifices there are to be made, the more discipline is needed,' said Murray. 'You are looking for those extra elements that are going to make the difference and get you into the top 30. It’s about working hard, adding things to your game and ensuring you are in the best physical shape, so you are ready to compete with what you are up against.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...ions-high.html
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM   #63
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

It's lack of concentration on and off the court... forget everything just focus on your tennis... try harder to improve and I think she need to lose a little bit of weight.
james_von05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 04:48 PM   #64

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_von05 View Post
It's lack of concentration on and off the court... forget everything just focus on your tennis... try harder to improve and I think she need to lose a little bit of weight.
I wondered if that tight skirt she was playing in had shrunk in the wash. If not, then they may be overdoing strengthening work on the gluteus maximus and upper legs. At times it looked as if she had stuck the spare ball down the back of her skirt rather than up her knicker leg.

Everyone has a limitation on how fast they can run and there is a limit to how much improvement you can bring about by training muscle. For speed, apart from quads & glutes, you need a strong midriff and calves as well. It would do Laura good to get some strength in her ankles & calves to avoid becoming flat footed as she tires in the 3rd set.

Judging by the number of times she got nowhere near a drop shot played from the back of the court, it suggests she is not up on the balls of her feet ready for a short sharp sprint.
Playing more on the balls of the feet is tiring on the ankles & calves and Laura will need them strengthening when she changes from running and standing on her heels.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #65
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

MAIN DRAW - Portugal Open.

[1]Bartoli vs Peng
Bertens vs Oprandi
Arvidsson vs Q/LL
Kuznetsova vs Lepchenko[6]

[3]Pavlyuchenkova vs Q/LL
Q/LL vs Q/LL
Niculescu vs Paszek
Koehler vs Vesnina[7]

[8]Goerges vs Q/LL
Schiavone vs Dominguez Lino
Wickmayer vs Tatishvilli
Erakovic vs Suarez Navarro[4]

[5]Cirstea vs Medina Garrigues
Kanepi vs Mladenovic
Robson vs Morita
Radwanska vs Cibulkova[2]
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #66
Royals.

Not expecting much from Laura, but she has a chance against Morita. There are VERY good players in the MD, quite surprised seeing as it's a MM. Hopefully she'll feel more determined to make an impression.

Thanks goodness she's not seeded too.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #67

According to her profile, Morita plays double handed off forehand and backhand which must severely limit her reach out wide on both wings. Given Laura's weakness chasing down wide shots, the winner is likely to be the first one to get her opponent running from side to side. In Laura's case, she will also need to get her serve in court.

And if Laura does win she probably plays little-miss-perpetual-motion herself Cibulkova. She will get a close up view of how to move round a tennis court.

Last edited by allracquetsports : Apr 27th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #68
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
She's beaten her before, but that was on a hard court a few years back.

I just don't know what to expect really. Just not another third set collapse is all I hope and pray for.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #69
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

I also dont know what to expect. Morita has been playing fair of late but has not had as much practice on the clay as Laura. Can't see her making an impression in the draw but it would be nice to at least score a win against Morita but I don't think thats likely at this point.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #70
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Morita is having a pretty good year. She is #31 in the race compared to #72 for Laura (). Both players are totally unpredictable, who knows what'll happen

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #71
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the draw, Morita is one of the better draws for Laura. Still can't see her winning it though.
Hope she proves me wrong.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #72

Schiavone & Dominguez-Lino are in the final at Marrakech so get 200/280 points, putting them close to or above Laura. Laura needs some wins soon just to avoid a summer drop through the rankings which will push her back to the qualifiers for the smaller events with 32/56 entries.

Good win for Joanna Konta yesterday against Putintseva who gave Laura such a hard time a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #73
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I wasn't expecting Konta to win, but I'm glad she did

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #74
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Laura 3rd on Court 1 vs. Morita tomorrow.

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #75
Royals.

Laura and Marina Erakovic will play doubles together in the Portugal Open. They'll play against Foretz Gacon/Hrdinova in R1.