Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #586
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

^ I know what you mean. I had to go to work shortly after the match ended. I spent my entire shift pondering over the match (and secretly checking Sveta's score!) I concluded that the match was lost within the first three games. Even in the warm-up, Caro was hitting miles out and the difference in power was evident. In the opening exchanges, Laura was totally on top and Caro looked a little weary of Laura's power. But it was those missed break points that changed the match. The longer the match went on, the more comfortable Caro was with Laura's pace and the more erratic Laura become. I think the match could have been completely different if Laura had broken in just one of those two service games. Caro would not have settled as quickly as she did and maybe Laura would have relaxed and just swung freely like she did against Radwanska.

But it wasn't to be. Ifs and buts

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #587
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Some interesting quotes in the guardian today mainly about the serve, oh and Laura agrees with you about the break points:

"I just made too many mistakes," Robson said. "I had a couple of break points that I didn't take. If I had taken those, maybe it would have been a different match. After that I was just going for a bit too much.

"Generally over the past couple of weeks everything has been improving, little by little. I'm in the process of changing my serve, so it was never going to be perfect today. It's something that I'm going to have to keep working on, just a couple of minor changes, one thing at a time. I'll try not to jinx it by saying exactly what."

Wonder who is directing the changes to the serve as she's coachless atm? What if a new coach comes in and disagrees with whats been done? But I guess you have to get on with it, it cant really wait until after Wimbledon.
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #588
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah she's changing her serve, a wise and career changing thing imo. Her service motion has always been criticised by experts and they seem to think she can get much more consistent power from her serve if she's going to change it.

I still think she can do damage on the grass, her game is still so raw. There's lots of things to be improved, and the fact that she's had so many people coaching her(junior career) and telling her different things doesn't help. I'm actually really annoyed with Krajan, he's been a complete waste. He could have sorted the issues with her serve months ago and she maybe in a different position now.

Any info of her entering Nottingham next week?
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #589
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

I say miss Birmingham and work on the serve in time for Eastbourne/Wimbledon.

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #590
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

Don't miss Birmingham please... she needs to use that little change she said in real match.
james_von05 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #591
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_von05 View Post
Don't miss Birmingham please... she needs to use that little change she said in real match.
In a couple of months Laura will be getting a lot more practice as she goes back to qualifying for major tournaments. You need to win a minimum of 2 and maybe 3 just to get knocked out in the first round proper so she should be getting more match situations in preference to practice hitting that she believes is going so well out of competition.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #592
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Yeah she's changing her serve, a wise and career changing thing imo. Her service motion has always been criticised by experts and they seem to think she can get much more consistent power from her serve if she's going to change it.

I still think she can do damage on the grass, her game is still so raw. There's lots of things to be improved, and the fact that she's had so many people coaching her(junior career) and telling her different things doesn't help. I'm actually really annoyed with Krajan, he's been a complete waste. He could have sorted the issues with her serve months ago and she maybe in a different position now.

Any info of her entering Nottingham next week?
She needs a WC for Nottingham. We will know soon enough(tomorrow or thursday if she asked for one.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #593
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

She's still playing double.
james_von05 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #594
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
I was going to say the same thing. Surely Nottingham is a no as she's on the doubles.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #595
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

yes, there is that but only if they win their second round matches. Bur yes I don't think she intends to play Notti
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #596
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

There's a report on the RG audio coverage that Laura's having an MRI on her back.

Hope it's nothing.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #597
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Laura Robson has a back injury and pulled out of doubles from twitter

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #598
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Yeah just seen that..not good. First time in a while she's been injury free for a couple of months (once she got over the shoulder injury from the AO). Now injured again..hopefully nothing really serious?
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #599
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Although it might be very serious, I honestly think she's taken the time to work on things with her new coach(ish) and just sort out the technical niggles that she has. I'd obviously prefer it to be like that but who knows?

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #600
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I just want it to be Wimbledon already.