Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #571
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Is anyone actually going into GM?
God no I think I can imagine what it's like.
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #572
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

The more I think about it, the more I realise just how many big opportunities to crack the top 30 she's had this year....R1 in Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells and Charleston are the main reasons for her not cracking top 30. And after Wimbledon, her ranking is going to fall significantly.
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #573
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
The more I think about it, the more I realise just how many big opportunities to crack the top 30 she's had this year....R1 in Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells and Charleston are the main reasons for her not cracking top 30. And after Wimbledon, her ranking is going to fall significantly.
She did have her chances too many R1 loses or blown opportunities(Madrid, Charleston,Miami)
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #574
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

A disappointing and tame defeat for Robson, I really thought she would beat Wozniacki.

She will ose 65 points after today as she played through qualifying last year.

So its unlikely she will be seeded at Wimbledon.

She would have been seeded at Wimbledon if she had won today.
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #575
country flag sarahtennis5

sarahtennis5 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not even like she didn't have the opportunities. Had she broke Wozniacki in the first couple of games we might have been looking at something completely different. Very similar to Bouchard last week in Strasbourg, just needs to take more opportunities. She does really need a coach though, I couldn't see any evidence of a strategy against Caro. And the fact she was made the favourite made it harder for her than it actually could have been if she played with no pressure.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
sarahtennis5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #576
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Go to GM, just don't open "that" thread
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #577

What's GM haha, I need to know so I don't go by accident.

Old May 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #578
country flag pennychange

pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice

Well that was beyond anti-climactic! Typical that Wozniacki turned up with something approaching her best after a run of absolute rubbish! Just wasnt there at all today for Laura. Think the serve is becoming an even bigger issue if anything. I dont remember it being a problem against 'unthreatening' returners so much before. Her rationale when asked about the DF's was always 'no point spinning it in against big returners as I'll lose the point anyway'. Wozniacki wasn't really pressuring the serve at all today and it was still an utter liability.

Just very disappointing and a real lottery over any possibility of getting enough points to secure a seeding now. Birmingham's going to have quite a decent field as well if I remember rightly so roll on someone getting to work on that serve!!
pennychange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #579
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Is anyone else really calm about this result? I don't know why but I see it as an okay defeat.. AM I OKAY?!?!

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #580
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
She did have her chances too many R1 loses or blown opportunities(Madrid, Charleston,Miami)
She could have gained 200 ranking points from just four losses she suffered from a winning position - Putintseva, Arvidsson, Domingez-Lino and Ivanovic. Then take other debatable matches like Cornet and Bouchard into consideration. The fact that she hasn't cracked top 30 (or anywhere near) is astonishing.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #581
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtennis5 View Post
What's GM haha, I need to know so I don't go by accident.

GM is this subforum: http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12 (click with your eyes half-closed).

Last edited by Embittered : May 27th, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #582
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaslav37 View Post
She will ose 65 points after today as she played through qualifying last year.
Actually she just loses 45 points, she had 50 from QR2 last year and will get 5 for this defeat so she drops 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenround View Post
Is anyone else really calm about this result? I don't know why but I see it as an okay defeat.. AM I OKAY?!?!
Yeah I think now I've had time to absorb it, I feel a bit better. Still disappointed but mainly rueing all the missed opportunties earlier in the year as others mentioned. She could be in such a good position ranking wise but hasn't taken her chances. Oh well, we will jsut have to wait. I believe she will get there, just not right now.

But focussing on this match I do think Caro played well and she is an awful match up for Laura. The scoreline is disappointing but let's just see who the new coach is and what they can do.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #583
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

shame about her defeat here, i'm staying away from GM for the next few days. I think Laura needs to get a new coach ASAP, it's putting her at a disadvantage, hopefully laura will have better luck at wimbledon.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
GM is this subforum: http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12 (click with your eyes half-closed).
Thanks haha, now I know not to even bother going there

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #585
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

Haha I still can't get over with this defeat... I was so feeling so low after the match and the last time I felt like this was when Andy lost Wimby final. I hope she get more success on grass.
james_von05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote