Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #451
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Why? have you gone crazy with your prediction?
No, I'm pessimistic I never go crazy with my predictions . Just if she loses she'll get slammed for losing to a pusher on a 5 match losing streak who lost to a one legged Jovanovski recently.
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #452
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

It is not Sven's role to do match planning. He will never sleep.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #453
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
No, I'm pessimistic I never go crazy with my predictions . Just if she loses she'll get slammed for losing to a pusher on a 5 match losing streak who lost to a one legged Jovanovski recently.
I Hardly goes too GM really But I wouldn't worry about GM Slam every player that in beat there Faves, Player they dislike or player that in a slump and losing. But we can always return the favor when laura beat there Fave Also GM was all slamming Laura after the AO calling Hype but now there rooting for her SOme ppl in Gm is a joke.

As far as her draw I hate that both ma Fave have too play the first round, I don't know what the out come going be If Laura play the way she play against Aggie & Vee she could win, But at the same time I worry about wat Laura will show up

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #454
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

Anyone know the schedule on Sunday yet?
james_von05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #455
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_von05 View Post
Anyone know the schedule on Sunday yet?
It will be out tomorrow afternoon
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #456
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
It will be out tomorrow afternoon
oh ty.
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #457

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Laura will play Monday according to the list from Spiceboy of the Sunday matches (top half sun/mon, bottom half tue/wed).
Good chance of one of the two main courts I would have thought.
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #458
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

It's one of those matches which could go either way. Caro is still the favourite but I like to think that Laura will increase her losing streak to 6.....

If she beats Wozniacki it should push her into the top 30 for the first time! A 3rd/4th round appearance should push her into the top 25.

Good luck Laura
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #459
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
It's one of those matches which could go either way. Caro is still the favourite but I like to think that Laura will increase her losing streak to 6.....
Not really. The bookies have Laura as the favourite, and she's going into the French having played well, unlike Wozniaki. For what it's worth, Laura should really win this. Caro probably can't force Laura to play on her terms, which will probably lead to a similar result to Laura vs Radwanska.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #460
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Not really. The bookies have Laura as the favourite, and she's going into the French having played well, unlike Wozniaki. For what it's worth, Laura should really win this. Caro probably can't force Laura to play on her terms, which will probably lead to a similar result to Laura vs Radwanska.
I'm sorry but whether Caroline is in form or not; her fantastic movement, consistency and lack of pace is always going to be a problem for Laura. Of course, if Laura is playing well, she should win BUT there is a big chance that Laura will start going for too much and hit UE after UE.
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #461
country flag james_von05

Quote:
I'm sorry but whether Caroline is in form or not; her fantastic movement, consistency and lack of pace is always going to be a problem for Laura. Of course, if Laura is playing well, she should win BUT there is a big chance that Laura will start going for too much and hit UE after UE.
As what I have seen recently Laura has gained clay court understanding some of her winners are little bit slower than she usually hit them... she now understand that she doesn't have to hit the ball hard if her opponents are out of position and just enough to place them inside the lines.
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #462
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Quote:
But Caro is NOT a fantastic mover on clay. She really struggles to move well on this surface, it is why she is so much easier to hit through.
Evans. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #463
country flag Joe.

I'm just trying to be pessimistic...
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #464

The more I think about this match the more pessimistic I get! It worries me everyone expecting Laura to crush Caro Yes clay may not be Caro's best surface, yes she may be on a terrible run and yes, she definitely is not playing well atm but...she will force Laura to hit winners. I just worry whether Laura has the patience to wait for the opening rather than getting frustrated by the ball constantly coming back. And despite her poor play Caro is still getting the ball back, it may not have much on it when does get back but it still comes back a lot more than it would against other players.

Hopefully Laura can just pummel that weak serve and not let Caro get into the points. I watched some of Caro's loss to Jovanovski in Rome today and it's not like Caro is playing awful...she just can't close out matches and her shots don't have much on them, she certainly isn't going to hurt Laura. Definitely a match on Laura's racket.

Just to end on a positive note one plus is Caro is hardly going to exploit Laura's movement or her defences, Laura should be on top in most of the rallies, the key is whether she ends them with a winner or an error.

Caro practiced with Laura's alto ego Petra today whilst Laura hit with Sveta.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #465
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

^ You're not alone there! I'm past the 'excited for the match' stage and am now in the 'oh god please just win it' stage

Caro has been in bad form for a few weeks and everything but it's easy to forget that less than 3 week ago Laura was in what seemed to be a never ending slump

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote