Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #31
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

I thnk a lot of people would accuse her of being big headed It would be completely out of character for her. She's had that description since I first started following her in 2009, perhaps even longer. I wouldn't read too much into it.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #32
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Apparently Robmond are playing Madrid and Rome as well as Wimbledon.
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #33
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I wish they would Play DOuble at the French Open as well I mean It make sense since they're playing double at Madrid and Rome

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #34
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Apparently Robmond are playing Madrid and Rome as well as Wimbledon.
So Laura is on the singles entry list for Madrid and Rome?

EDIT - Yeah, all Top50 are playing Madrid. If she's playing doubles in Rome she should be entered for singles too.
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #35
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

It may be all in the toss.

Looking at the video of Laura's 1st round Charleston match - is it possible that the shoulder injury that she had in Oz has had some kind of hangover and affected her service action slightly? When she is serving from the near side you get a good view and you can see many occasions when her arm goes out wide and is at least 30 degrees from the vertical.

I've also been watching some of the Katowice matches especially left handed Kvitova and generally the serving arm comes through much more vertical, more like a normal throwing action.

It may not be anything to do with the shoulder that has caused the arm to drop, it could just be that is where the ball is going and she doesn't have enough control on the toss. There are also occasions when the ball comes down slightly behind her head and she has to play almost a round the head badminton shot.

Some games she gets the toss right on most points and you can see Laura hit the ball in front of her and follow through onto court. Other times the ball would almost land on her feet, but if the ball is on top of or behind you, you are almost certain to serve long. The first 2 service games of the second set show the difference from good to inconsistent.

If you think back to Laura's good run in the US Open and after, she frequently threw the ball up and caught it again because it was so far out. The TV commentators mentioned it a few times so she has had a problem with throwing the ball up consistently for some time.

It could be that she has improved it enough so that she does not need to stop and catch it quite as often, but not enough to give her a consistent serve.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #36

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Laura is by some distance the highest ranked Brit in the Fed Cup team so a lot of responsibility is resting on her youngish shoulders. Hope she takes it as a positive in that it reflects her capability and not be weighed down by expectation. Not much experience on clay for the top 2, Laura & Joanna, and the experience is with the girls moving down the rankings, so Laura needs to pick up at least a singles and a doubles.

Lets hope Judy Murray can give Laura a bit of what is missing from her 2013 WTA matches so far - consistency & resilience
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #37
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Why can't Laura play more like this more often?
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #38
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

"100 double faults in mid-April, it can't get much worse"

Sue Barker on Laura's serve.

She's also made some good points about her poor technique.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #39
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

The laura I miss she need too play like this more often

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Why can't Laura play more like this more often?
Maybe because according to the commentator, Laura's opponent is basically of satellite tour standard.

Apart from the pressure of it being a team event and they are 1-0 down Laura knows that shot for shot she should win so there is no need to go for too many shots too soon.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #41
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
The laura I miss she need too play like this more often
Yes she does. Her opponent though, needs to stop trying to rally with her. It is not a strategy that will work when she's playing like this.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Apr 20th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #42
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

i don't think she played well today,her backhand was just as bad as before,slow,high,weak…
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #43
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
I don't think she played a great match either, but she really didn't need to.

Tomorrow will be a better measure.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:23 PM   #44
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Kaman Laura! Hold here now please.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:25 PM   #45
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow unfair, loud whistles while Laura was serving.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote