Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #406
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

well as for playing nottingham, that would assume she dosen't make it to the second week of RG, which is unlikely but not completely out of the question, she made it to the second week of the US open last year and laura isn't a bad clay court player. though if she makes it that far at RG she'll likely get seeded at wimbledone regardless.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #407
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Seriously doubt that she will ask for WC in Nottingham...
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #408
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone so obsessed with Nottingham out of nowhere?
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #409
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

She's well beyond playing ITFs at this stage in her career

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #410
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Precisely. I don't even know why it's crossing anyone's mind.
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #411
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Also...

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #412
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Who needs a slam seeding when you've got Serena's endorsement? But I agree I'd be shocked if she plays Nottingham, totally don't see it happening. Although tbh I wouldn't be totally against it, there are times when you just need to points whore.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #413
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A 100K wouldn't be too bad. But only if she managed to win

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #414
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

What's with this Nottingham rubbish?

The seeding will happen eventually, and Laura knows that. As long as she remains consistent in all the tournaments she enters she will get that GS seeding.

There's no point whoring ITF's just for a GS seeding. At this stage it's great Laura's not seeded because I fear for some of the seeded girls that might draw Laura at the French.

PS - So happy that Serena's a fan. You can't ask for much more. I think Laura's one of the only young girls Serena has actually given a positive response.
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #415
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Also...

Serena is one of the many players who find it easy to be magnanimous about someone she's just routined, I think. I don't place any weight on this.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #416
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Serena is one of the many players who find it easy to be magnanimous about someone she's just routined, I think. I don't place any weight on this.
That's not a fair statement at all, she's even said she respects and likes Laura as a person. I don't think she's lying in that tweet or over-exaggerating.
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #417
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjones View Post
Laura is the only player that serena has played and hasn't bageled so far so that's pretty impressive.
Serena into the final and Laura still holding that record also won the most games off her.
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #418
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Precisely. I don't even know why it's crossing anyone's mind.
As long as she didn't bottle it completely Laura was in a no lose situation against Serena but a minor tournament just before Wimbledon is a no win situation. The damage done by a poor defeat would far outweigh the possible benefits of a few pounds in the bank and points on offer.

There is a lot of work to be done off court in the next few months and Laura should be planning her development over the next 2 years. There may be some ropey players in the low 20's who would be easier to play than the ones ranked well below Laura so she may be better off just letting lady luck take her course and prepare properly for whatever is thrown at her. As long as it isn't Serena again.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #419
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

With Laura's poor attitude towards playing low-ranked players at smaller tournaments, I think that Nottingham might be a disastrous idea. This tournament is way less important than the small WTA tournaments that she's been bombing out in.

To enter something like that, win it, get good points and some valuable early expereience on grass is one thing. To enter it and flop out to a nobody in the first round is quite another.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #420
Royals.

Laura, should feel so proud. She won the same amount of games as Vika.