Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #211
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
100% agree but this goes with the general consensus (at least by the media/pundits) that Laura's potential is much higher.
yeah, Heather is a decent player don't get me wrong, but let's face it, she's never going to contend for grand slams, that victory at osaka last yeah was a pretty good performance by her but she was also very lucky, only once did she beat a player ranked higher than her. a bunch of upsets elsewhere in the tournament opened the path for her to take the title, it was still a good achievement don't get me wrong, she could have easily have squandered that opportunity but she didn't and took the trophy. The thing is unlike laura she has never beaten any of the big names, she did take a set off sharapova at the toray pan pacific open last year, but that was likely due to sharapova playing horribly badly rather than heather playing paticuarly well. I reckon she'll spend her career in the top 50 for the most part and may even get seeded at slams but she's never going to be a serious contender to win them. She just isn't physically capable of doing it.

Now Laura on the other hand has proven a few times that she has it in her to take down top players, one of her problems though is she has a habit of choking matches she's expected to win, as shown with her performances the last couple of months (Though I think her coach may also be to blame for that, was probably pushing her too hard). her game still has a few issues but I think this can be worked on, Hopefully her next coach will be able to help her realise her potential.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #212
country flag Internova

Internova has disabled reputation

maybe sometimes our own expectations on her are overblown. people can't explain her inconsistency at times but it's the most normal thing that can happen to a young talented player.
Internova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #213
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
When I saw she was playing Vee the first thing that came to my head was the interview after she won Junior Wimbledon
"I'll take her doooown" I'd forgotten all about that!

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #214
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Doubles draw out in Rome, another tough one! Lisa and Laura play Sveta and Flavia in round 1.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #215
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Just watched the video of Laura vs Radwanska. Does anyone know what the strapping is for just below the left elbow? It's the place you put compression if you have tennis elbow. I hope it is not that because if there is inflammation in a tendon (or the tough fibrous material that attaches the muscle to the bone) as opposed to thick muscle with lots of blood flow it can take many many weeks to get right.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #216
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

2nd after 12pm on Centre. EUROSPORT! :-)

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #217
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Oh god right during my meeting! Typical xD C'mon Laura!
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #218
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Men's singles first starting at 11 am UK time, Laura should be on between 1pm & 2pm .
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #219
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll miss the match as I've got an exam, so I'll check the live score. I'm not hoping for much, just that she puts in a good performance. Venus can be lethal when she's feeling well. So it's dependent on that too.

Good luck Lau
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #220
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
I'll miss the match as I've got an exam, so I'll check the live score. I'm not hoping for much, just that she puts in a good performance. Venus can be lethal when she's feeling well. So it's dependent on that too.

Good luck Lau
what do you study?
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #221
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck laura
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #222
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll probably be able to catch it if Stepanek/Starace goes 7-6 in the third

Good luck in your exam, Lethal

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #223
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Will actually manage to catch this one (for once)!
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #224
country flag rjcdude44

rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all

Hmm toughie for Laura but we all know she loves the big occasion so fingers crossed for a good performance.
Serena in round 2 though nothing to lose
As with BodyElectric I have an exam too so can't watch it
rjcdude44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #225
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

After 5 years could this be the start of Laura's big future?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-Williams.html
james_von05 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote