Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 10th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #181
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Fingers crossed for a good draw in Rome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #182
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Laura seems to be really enjoying Rome, judging by her Twitter and Instagram posts. Hopefully that will translate onto the court.
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #183
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
I love how I get a feeling of seething hate whenever I read one of your posts about Krajan I was never convinced by him, but you reallyyyy disliked him didn't you?

On another note, can't wait to see what the Rome draw throws up. Also interesting to see Ana cruised past Kerber today in straights, clearly in good clay form. Be interesting to see how she does against Maria.
Yeeeah, I'm not his biggest fan

And although I'm happy Ana won today, it was still a little disheartening. I think Laura would have won in similar fashion.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #184
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Yeeeah, I'm not his biggest fan
p
And although I'm happy Ana won today, it was still a little disheartening. I think Laura would have won in similar fashion.
We can totally see that from the insults you've given him.
Apparently he's checked into the players hotel in Rome.... I wonder which player he's taken under his wing...

“@FortyDeuceTwits: Innnnnnteresting. Zeljko Krajan spotted checking into the player hotel in Rome.”
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #185
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Unless he's stalking Laura
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #186
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
it was still a little disheartening
Actually it really sucked.

Wickmayer | Vesnina | Robson | Giorgi | Pironkova

Sharapova, Petrova, Makarova and all the Russian girls
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #187
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura draws Venus and Serena.

No chance of that RG seeding now.

Two Williams sisters R1 and R2..
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #188
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

Venus is a winnable match these days but yes if Serena plays then R2 is the limit. I suppose the one good thing is that she'll get a show court which normally means good Laura turns up.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #189

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Very interesting Only gotta beat Venus and Serena back to back for get seeded for RG

So Venus? I'm sorry but I've got to say that these days, on clay that is a winnable match for Laura. It;s the first time she's played her in her career, and will hopefully cause good Laura to turn up. That's the weird thing about Laura, sometimes it's better to get a tougher draw....

If she gets to Serena however , hopefully if Serena wins Madrid she just won't care about Rome. Right....?
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #190
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

I predict beat Venus in tight two sets and then lose to Serena in 3. (Serena isn't playing that well atm)

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #191
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2 View Post
Venus is a winnable match these days but yes if Serena plays then R2 is the limit. I suppose the one good thing is that she'll get a show court which normally means good Laura turns up.
Then again, Serena might tank it. She'll want to get prepared for Roland Garros.
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #192
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Very interesting Only gotta beat Venus and Serena back to back for get seeded for RG

So Venus? I'm sorry but I've got to say that these days, on clay that is a winnable match for Laura. It;s the first time she's played her in her career, and will hopefully cause good Laura to turn up. That's the weird thing about Laura, sometimes it's better to get a tougher draw....

If she gets to Serena however , hopefully if Serena wins Madrid she just won't care about Rome. Right....?
My thoughts too... Hopefully she'll be nice and tank for Laura.

But seriously, it's better Laura gets these tougher draws. Her brain will be in gear to play the best she can. Venus may be winnable.. but never count her out. She has her good days.

Just hoping for some luck...
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #193
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

The problem with the will Serena care theory is even if she doesn't care about the tournament as a whole Laura would have had to beat Venus to get to her and that should make Serena care enough to beat Laura.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #194

Yeah I was just thinking about that, even if Serena tanks Rome, she won't tank against the player who just beat her sis...unless Serena withdraws if she wins Madrid, always possible.

Plus Laura's serve must be firing for Venus, with her returns great opportunity to put Laura's serve under pressure, even on clay. C'mon Laura, this would be another major scalp if she wins, regardless of Venus' form.
Old May 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #195
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

What a draw

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote