Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #136
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

This is by far the best match i've seen Laura play, even more so in my opinion than the Clijsters match.

She never let Aga play and you would have never guessed that she was even in a slump playing like this.

I think the altitude is perfect for her. Her balls were really flying today and she was so consistent at producing the big winners. Movement was very good and the courts are apparently playing perfect due to having roland garros clay there.

Just so proud of her and can't believe she's in the last 16!!!! Looking like Ivanovic next which will be tough although if Scheepers advances that could also be a nightmare for Laura. Anyway, enjoying this victory now and just so pleased for her

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #137
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

UNBELIEVABLE

Just amazing. First top 4 win and it comes on....clay. Who would've guessed it? Absolutely amazing.
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #138
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

So gutted I missed this because I was at work! Anyone got highlights?
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #139
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic win Can't believe I missed it!

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #140
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
This is by far the best match i've seen Laura play, even more so in my opinion than the Clijsters match.

She never let Aga play and you would have never guessed that she was even in a slump playing like this.

I think the altitude is perfect for her. Her balls were really flying today and she was so consistent at producing the big winners. Movement was very good and the courts are apparently playing perfect due to having roland garros clay there.
Honestly, I think Aga just had the wrong game plan. She tried to rally with Robson. Unless you're able to dominate those rallies, they won't end well for you. In fact, if she's playing like she did against Kim or Aga, you'll end up handing her your lunch money before heading back to the hotel to cry about the mean girl who hit you off court and then pulled your pig tails.

What I'm saying is rallying with Laura is like intentionally hitting to Graf's forehand. You could do it, but don't expect it to end well
KeysisGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #141
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Ivanovic would be ideal for Robson at the moment:
1. Loves the big names/stages
2. Robson will be able to find Ana's backhand which is awful.
3. Clay allows Robson more time on the ball.
4. Battle of the forehands
5. The only thing that could tip the odds in Ana's favour is Robson's serving which i'm quite anxious to see.

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #142
country flag Hit_It_Hard

Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light Hit_It_Hard is a glorious beacon of light

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Well done Laura! Let's hope she can give Ana a run for her money; she's definitely capable of it.
Hit_It_Hard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #143
country flag Dokisit

Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all

Solid effort from Laura.
Dokisit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #144
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
So gutted I missed this because I was at work! Anyone got highlights?
highlight starts around 3:19

Last few games of the first set

Most of the second set

guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #145
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

So happy, gutted I missed it due to laptop charger problems. GL next round Laura.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #146
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

bloody hell, I was just about ready to give up on laura after her recent perfomances and then she pulls this out of her hat, I just hope this isn't a one time thing and she can keep this kind of performance up, hopefull this win will give her the confidence she needs to go forward. We do have to remember that radwanska had been out of the game since march so I doubt she was on tope form going into this match, still a great win for laura, hope she dosen't mess up and get knocked out now.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #147
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Laura playing the night match tomorrow on Centre Court N.B 9h30 pm
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #148
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Yay, will be live on british eurosport 2
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #149
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Well, Ana's certainly demolishing Scheepers. Laura's going to need to play damn well to beat her.
KeysisGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #150
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Well, Ana's certainly demolishing Scheepers. Laura's going to need to play damn well to beat her.
I can't even imagine how stunning it would be.

Wickmayer | Vesnina | Robson | Giorgi | Pironkova

Sharapova, Petrova, Makarova and all the Russian girls
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote