WE ARE OFF TO THE LAND DOWN UNDER - Australian Hard Court Season Cheering Thread! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 19th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
WE ARE OFF TO THE LAND DOWN UNDER - Australian Hard Court Season Cheering Thread!

Laura's Schedule:

ASB Classic
Dec 30 - Jan 04, 2014 Auckand, New Zealand

Hobart International
Jan 05 - Jan 11, 2014 Hobart, Australia

Australian Open
Jan 13 - Jan 25, 2014 Melbourne, Australia

Last edited by Royals. : Feb 23rd, 2014 at 07:03 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 19th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #2
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: WE ARE OFF TO THE LAND DOWN UNDER - Australian Hard Court Season Cheering Thread!

First cheering thread of the new year

Loving the design Jess
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: WE ARE OFF TO THE LAND DOWN UNDER - Australian Hard Court Season Cheering Thread!

Vesnina has withdrawn from Auckland, which I think puts Laura up to 9th on the EL. One away from a seeding annoyingly.
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #4
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

I still haven't got any recognition for my work in this cheering thread... (reps)
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 01:42 AM   #5
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

I would, but I still need to spread Apparently I'm a miser with my rep.

Seriously though Jess, that's an awesome OP
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #6
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

she out of auckland because of wrist injure…bad start of new season
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #7
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

i am starting to worry these injuries would destroy her tennis career...she has been had all kinds of injuries during her short career so far...why genie or slone never has an injury while laura has constantly
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #8
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ Might just be an Minor Injury I wouldn't worry so much she gonna have injuries like this playing an sport like tennis but it an shame she had too pull outta Auckland could gain some points here but at the same time if she injury it smart not too play on the injury & let it heal, hopefully she recover on time for the Aussie Open

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery

S. Crawford | L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #9
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Visited the classic today, saw her walking round a bit. Thought it weird that she hadn't put her name down for any practice for today or tomorrow but now I see why. Did see her go to the gym however.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #10
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Sad but not a surprise. She had it tape during the off season.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #11

Don't suppose she will play Hobart then.. Why risk it the week befora slam? Interesting that she's hit all of season with a trapped wrist and pulls out now.... Has it got worse?

EDIT: according to the tournament director she said she's 95%and just needs a few days more before she hits again. Hopefully this is the case.

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Dec 27th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #12
Royals.

This is so upsetting.

I thought the wrist would be fine by now... It is weird she's hit the whole off season then she pulls out now.

If it's fine in a few days why can't she play Hobart? Going into a slam with no match practice is awful. There's no guarantee she'll defend her points if she's played no matches leading up.
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #13
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Nooooo
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #14
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloy4dAustin View Post
i am starting to worry these injuries would destroy her tennis career...she has been had all kinds of injuries during her short career so far...why genie or slone never has an injury while laura has constantly
I'm sure its just perception from following Laura more closely. I remember Genie lost time as a 16 or 17 year old with some leg injuries.

But that said she had her wrist taped up for weeks while hitting and now says she hopes it keeps her from playing but she hopes it'll be good in a couple days. That's either really bad luck or poor physical management in choosing to continuing to work instead of resting it.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #15
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

According to the report on the BBC

British number one Laura Robson has pulled out of next week's ASB Classic in Auckland with a wrist injury.
The 19-year-old had travelled to New Zealand before withdrawing due to the problem with her LEFT wrist.
"She said to me that she's about 95% and needs a couple of extra days," said tournament director Karl Budge.

Maybe she has been favouring her right wrist in training and this has put extra strain on her left wrist.

Or maybe it is nothing to do with the previous injury.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote