My quallie report... mainly Aussies - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #1
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
My quallie report... mainly Aussies

Just saw V. Melb's fantastic report, and luckily we saw different matchs today

Enjoy

My day at the quallies, I basically went to see some Aussies I had seen or barely seen play before.

Breadmore vs Perebiynis
Breadmore has made some grounds last year tho didnít think she could beat Perebiynis. Breadmore isnít tall, but built around the shoulders and has a good forehand. Perebiynis pretty much dictated play with all parts of her game, but Lauren did some fantastic scrambling and was able to counter-attack with her forehand. With Perebiynis pressing too much because of Laurens retrieiving she fell 6-0 3-0, however went 1-3 and I thought could push her way back into the match. Credit to Lauren who I thought was coming a bit tentative late in the 1st set, stepped it up and hit out again. A few nerves when Perebiynis went from 1-5 to 3-5, but Lauren was able win the next game to love.
What impressed me about Breadmore was the great feel for her forehand, good movement and the fact that even when on the run she barely made any unforced errors. Perebiynis had to rely on hitting winners for points. Apparently Perebiynis may have had food poisioning, but Breadmore deserved her win.

Vanc def Baker 6-2 7-6
Saw the match from 6-2 4-4 to Vanc. Vanc a lefty, basically moves the ball around and doesnít have a penetrating serve. Baker had her chances but played too many loose shots particularly when slightly out of position. She had more power than Vanc tho way less control. Still Baker led 5-2 in the 2nd set tiebreak but played sloppily dropping the next 5 points, 4 of them from errors. I thought it was a winnable match for Gaby, she was able to dictate points but lacked concentration.

Sharapova vs. Voracova
Had a small look at Sharapova. A developing serve but struggled a bit with the more mechanical Voracova. She looked a bit tense and played a bit stiff maybe with the expectation she should win? Thought she would be a bit more free swinging but looks OK. Has a VERY loud grunt, bordering on having an organsm at one stage!!

Ferguson vs. Vaskova 0-6 3-6
With the Sharapova grunt still audible, blonde Aussie Ferguson was being thrashed by Vaskova who won many points by drop shotting and Sophie stuffing up the approach. Ferguson who has a fluid game, nice forehand, stylish one-hand backhand tightened up and tied 3-3 in the 2nd after some tight long games. Vaskova then stepped up the pace a bit and Sophie unfortunately was loose with some groundies when it counted. Quite impressive tho and has good intensity.

Olivia Luszakewicz vs Goloviznina 1-6 0-6
Olivia, blonde, plays double handed both sides like Jan Michael Gambill not Monica Seles. Strikes the ball OK but was way out of her depth as expected. She looked a bit shell-shocked and didn;t show too much intensitity. Couldnít handle the Russians power, particularly on the forehand and miss hit many. But struck some nice ones during the few games during the 1st and 2nd sets. The Russian was impressive and very polished, really like the way she cracks the forehand.

Stewart vs Obata 1-6 5-7
Stewart was so poor in the 1st set, totally out of confidence and like she didnít want to be there. Obata doesnít strike the ball hard, so Stewart had the first crack on the offensive, but made numerous errors. Down 6-1 2-0 it looked like Stewart had enough, but won a long service game for 1-2 and suddenly thru some loose Obata shots and Stewart finally finishing off some points the score went to 3-2 then 4-3 for Stewart. Obata was definitely the tougher player in a crisis and held, then broke for 5-4. Credit to Stewart to break back thru some tight play. Having a game point for 6-5, Stewart pushed the ball back tentatively for an easy Obata winner and then double faulted to go down 6-5. Obata held to 15 for the win. Not sure where Stewart sits atm, as she couldíve really won this match. Her game so much more mechanical than it was 3 years ago, barely moves into the court for shots and miss hits many particularly on the backhand. She seems to be fighting with herself, which is her main problem.

Daniela Dominikvic vs Brandi 5-7 1-6
Daniela has some power off the ground and hits the ball with ease, striking right thru it. She hit some sparkling shots against a tough opponent tho too many loose shots was her downfall. Atm doesnít have the balance when out of position, causing some strokes to miss by a lot. Her serve unfortunately doesnít have the free-flowing power of her groundies, but sheís definitely one to watch in the next few years.
Both girls struggled to hold, but Daniela levelled after being 5-3 down, tho didnít pressure Brandi enough on serve, (when she had every game previous) and promptly dropped hers for 7-5. Brandi who did have trouble with Danielaís groundies when Daniela really cracked them, then picked up a step in the 2nd, not missing anything and relying on Daniís errors for 6-1. Brandi was Brandi, hitting flat and hard.

Hopefully will get there tomorrow as well.
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:29 AM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
thanx for the report
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #3
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
Well im not surprised daniella showedmore game than Olivia, she has the bigger game and better strokes by far...just needs some fine tuning on her serve and shot selection
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:42 AM   #4
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
I agree with all of that! Breadmore played fantastic! Tatiana was showing no signs of food poisoning, she was moving freely and striking the ball with plenty of power, Lauren was just able to counter punch so well! Lauren really has stepped up her fitness the last few mnths, she's been working hard. Even after her match she went for a jog!

Baker definitely had chances in the 2nd set. She recovered from a break down. Gabrielle though might have well been playing naked though, her mini-mini skirt barely covered her little arse and her top was about as tiny as possible!

Ferguson played alright, but showed that she was nowhere near ready for this.

Olivia L match was a joke. Tennis Australia fucked up with this choice. Sure the girl has talent but she has yet to develop any power at all, she got flogged and could barely stay in the rallies, she also has very poor mobility and couldnt counter the power Maria was giving her. Such a waste of a wildcard which Mireille, Trudi or Deanna would have benefitted more from.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #5
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Well I've commented on VMelb and Ausboy, might as well stick my bit in here too

Great report....I saw all those matches you did (and then some)!
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 02:24 PM   #6
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #7
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
thanks
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote