Charleston QF: Voegele def. Wozzzniacki 3-6 6-4 6-3 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #46
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Charleston QF: Stefanie Voegele def. [2] Caroline Wozniacki 36 64 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
In a twisted way these stats really reflect badly on Wozniacki, because she played well and still lost to Voegele. Now Voegele is not a bad player, but it´s also tough to envision another top 10 player losing to her, when that top 10 player is playing well.
It is misleading though. I always think it's better to use your own eyes to judge how a player is playing than what the stats say. The stats don't really show how as the match went further and further on Caro become more and more passive. It doesn't show up as an unforced error if you are not stepping in when you should but in terms of the actual game it is an unforced error. Caro wasn't really awful, but it was just a case of as the match went on she was just allowing Voegele to dictate the match to her. It was probably the sort of match that if she was still number 1 and had that "brick wall aura" that Voegele would have coughed up enough errors for her to win, but that is just it, few players are scared of Wozniacki anymore, few players go out there and beat themselves vs her now.

This tweet reflects really badly if it is as written :-
@SEisbergWCIV
Wozniacki says she was in control and didn't think Voegele had chance. Says there are consequences for not taking chances-she suffered.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #47
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It is misleading though. I always think it's better to use your own eyes to judge how a player is playing than what the stats say. The stats don't really show how as the match went further and further on Caro become more and more passive. It doesn't show up as an unforced error if you are not stepping in when you should but in terms of the actual game it is an unforced error. Caro wasn't really awful, but it was just a case of as the match went on she was just allowing Voegele to dictate the match to her.
I adressed that in my previous post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345
Agreed. From 1-3 down in the 3rd set she dictated, constructed and winnered left and right. It was clinical. Wozniacki had a pretty strong first two sets. In the 3rd set Wozniacki pushed every forehand crosscourt and Voegele took advantage. For Voegele the problem obviously remains her forehand against pressure. Interesting semifinal with the Empress of Shitty Forehands.
Covers pretty much everything you have been saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It was probably the sort of match that if she was still number 1 and had that "brick wall aura" that Voegele would have coughed up enough errors for her to win, but that is just it, few players are scared of Wozniacki anymore, few players go out there and beat themselves vs her now.
No doubt. That is a truth that "haters" like myself have spoken about her winning ugly. Once that aura of the unbreakable wall is gone (and players have figured out some tactics) you don´t get it back. Then you need something else to fall back on.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #48
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Charleston QF: Voegele def. Wozzzniacki 3-6 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
If she's honest it pretty much means that she doesn't even believe that she can improve further. A frightening mindset for a player her age... and a great excuse to not even try and watch golf instead.
Caro's interactions with the media have just been very strange all year. It's almost like she tries to convince herself she is back. She says her motivation is back, she says she feels she has her game back, she's happy with the way she is playing, she insists her current coaching setup is the way to get her best out of her game (well this last one is true if you refuse to make other options work).

None of it is translating into better results, there is a lot of talking, but she really just needs to be knuckling down and letting results do the talking. It doesn't reflect well when you say you lost your motivation last year but you now have it back and then lose to 3 players ranked outside the top 60 in 3 of your next 4 tournaments, because then now what is the reason you are losing to these players?

EDIT - And as you say how she can possibly justify going to the golf next week with her game in its current state and with a tournament 8-9 days later on a surface she hasn't played on in 10 and a half months defies belief.

Last edited by ozza : Apr 6th, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #49
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh now we only need Junkovic gone

Greatest American Tennis Player.
██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #50
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

lol, Karolina. Proably she peaked when she was complaining bc of Let.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
Voegele's BH is a thing of beauty. I love her game.
there was some sick laserbeaming.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #51
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #52
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Eaux.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #53
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Bye, Woz. Average, you are.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #54
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Good Job to Steff played amazing match i thought it was over in third set and then she managed to pull it off. However, i think that she is gonna be tired against Jankovic and I hope she loses to be honest because Jankovic needs ranking points and she is playing good tennis too. Idemo Jankovic!!!

Caro failz btw.....
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #55
country flag Grininel

Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all

This could be Voegele's worst matchup but she made it!
I can't believe she's the same player who was playing Azarenka at Sydney last year.
She evolved from a tricky but weaponless one into a decent aggressor.
Of course consistency is what matters from now on.
Grininel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #56
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshine . Just when she's been starting to play better and has a chance to reach another Premier final…*Disgrace . She didn't play badly and Vögele played very well but someone who's been number one is supposed to be able to win this kind of match . I took a nap when she was up 3-1 in the third set - what the fuck happened ?

PLEASE take advantage of this opportunity Lady JaJa .
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #57
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Late April's fools day joke?!
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #58
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT stats
Steffi
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:20 AM   #59
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
In a twisted way these stats really reflect badly on Wozniacki, because she played well and still lost to Voegele. Now Voegele is not a bad player, but it´s also tough to envision another top 10 player losing to her, when that top 10 player is playing well.
Yup.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #60
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

anybody can defeat Karo now
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote