Venus vs Serena: It's Been A Long Time; Pre-Match Celebration. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #31
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus vs Serena: It's Been A Long Time; Pre-Match Celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Her tennis IQ is still high, but her body does not allow her to execute to the way she really want to, so she only does what her body allows her to do.

Which must be really frustrating to her.
I know the illness creates fatigue and/or muscle and joint soreness. But does it actually LIMIT her movement. Everything I've read on it doesn't indicate an actual reduction in joint/muscle movement or even strength. Of course, I'm no authority, so...

See, I see Venus' OVERARCHING, tennis problem as technical and not medical. When her game breaks down now, it's generally the result of the same issues she had circa '98, '99.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #32
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Great to see the Sister's at this stage again!

Still hope to see at least one more WS Slam Final!
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #33
Sarindipity

Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
I know the illness creates fatigue and/or muscle and joint soreness. But does it actually LIMIT her movement. Everything I've read on it doesn't indicate an actual reduction in joint/muscle movement or even strength. Of course, I'm no authority, so...

See, I see Venus' OVERARCHING, tennis problem as technical and not medical. When her game breaks down now, it's generally the result of the same issues she had circa '98, '99.
It does. watch the AO doubles match against errani/vinci. She could barely move her feet after the first set. Her serving was horrendous. She'd chase down balls to end up hitting them in the net due to ehr lack of energy, or too focused on reaching it and not actually having a game plan when she actually had the ball on her racquet
mathematical genius
Sarindipity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #34
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

From what I have seen, she is limited in what she can do.
Some times she makes an attempt and then stops.

Her second match today was the best I have seen since last year, around the same time.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #35
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

V. Williams-S. Williams (10–13)

Breakdown of the rivalry
  • Hard courts: Serena, 8–7
  • Clay courts: Equal, 1–1
  • Grass courts: Serena, 3–2
  • Carpet: Serena, 1–0
  • Grand Slam matches: Serena, 7–5
  • Grand Slam finals: Serena, 6–2
  • Year-End Championships matches: Serena, 2–1
  • Year-End Championships finals: Serena 1–0
  • Fed Cup matches: None; They would never play each other in a Fed Cup match because they both represent United States.
  • All finals: Serena, 8–3

wikipedia has each match and summary of the match

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_sisters_rivalry

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 6th, 2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #36
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

I'll watch a little more closely. I have to admit, it's difficult for me to watch Vee - too many stress induced ulcers.

btw, TB79, where are you watching the match?
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #37
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
I'll watch a little more closely. I have to admit, it's difficult for me to watch Vee - too many stress induced ulcers.

btw, TB79, where are you watching the match?
Both of Venus matches were on ESPN Online.

Yes, it is even more difficult to watch Venus now, you can see what she wants to do but , she is unable to.
In the past, you would trust she will comeback and take the match after a dismal performance in the 1st set, it is no longer so certain these days.

If you want my recommendation, I say watch the 2nd match. Venus was playing a confident match from start to the end.
I only say that to help you keep your stress level down, so stay away from the first match.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 6th, 2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #38
country flag DOUBLEFIST

Quote:
...I only say that to help you keep your stress level down, so stay away from the first match.
Thanks.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #39
country flag tennisbum79

Schedule

Feature Match #1 : Billie Jean King Court, 1 pm

[5] V. Williams vs. [1] S. Williams

Feature Match #2:
Billie Jean King Court, second match after 1 pm

[9] Jelena Jankovic (SRB) versus Stefanie Voegele (SUI)

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 6th, 2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #40
country flag SV_Fan

SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future SV_Fan has a brilliant future

#TeamVenus.

Venus still has it somewhere, and I do mean somewhere inside of her. I am just glad they were able to meet again, this was at one time a fantasy, it's now reality.
SV_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #41
country flag Thiudans

Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute

This is the best news as a fan of both sisters. I admit... I'd been thinking that this wouldn't happen again, even though I expected Venus to keep improving her ranking. The fact that it's happening now in a semifinal, with Venus 32 (and dealing with health issues) and Serena 31, makes it all the more speical. Whoever wins, it will be a match to be cherished as it may be the last one between them. Who knows.
Thiudans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #42
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I really hope Venus wins but I can't see it happening
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #43
country flag gmak

gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute

cheering for Venus
nothing against Serena but I'd love to see Vee win a big title again
Dementieva Clijsters Safina Novotna Davenport Seles Pierce Mauresmo Bovina Golovin Spirlea Farina Likhovtseva Monami Halard Rubin Bedanova Tulyaganova Maleeva Zvereva Sabatini
gmak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #44
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV_Fan View Post
#TeamVenus.

Venus still has it somewhere, and I do mean somewhere inside of her. I am just glad they were able to meet again, this was at one time a fantasy, it's now reality.
I never thought it would happen again deep in the draw of any tournaments.
I have been afraid for awhile now , they would meet very early in tournaments and Serena would win easily, and that would become the norm.

This is a rare treat for WS fans.

Now it does not matter who wins, as long as the winner goes on to take the title.

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #45
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never thought it would happen again deep in the draw of any tournaments.
Me neither. But it did, WD Venus Can see why a celebration is called for. Enjoy.