Is this Jelena's year? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Well?

This is her year! 9 21.43%
Not this year, but she will have a chance soon 4 9.52%
She'll retire slamless a la Dinara sadly 29 69.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1
country flag Bad Blood
テニプリ

Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute
Is this Jelena's year?

For a Grand Slam that is. She's one of 3 numbers ones to have not won a slam, and 4(5?) to become number 1 without a slam first (Clijsters became number 1 before her slam...but I'm not 100% sure about Ivanovic. She became number 1 RIGHT after the 2008 SF French Open against Jelena, so technically she was number 1 without her first slam).

Can she do it this year? If there's one slam I would put money on the Empress to win, it's Roland Garros. Random champions every year, Serena, Maria, and Azarenka aren't too fond of this surface (so no top 3 winning everything) and most importantly, she's 9-0 so far this year on clay. CAN SHE DO IT?

Last edited by Bad Blood : Apr 6th, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
Bad Blood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #2
country flag Bad Blood
テニプリ

Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this Jelena's year?

This could be her year! If I wasn't so sure Venus would win the French this year, I'd next pick Jelena to win it.

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #3
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Undefeated on clay

She is winning FO. I don't see anyone stopping her, but once she wins her 1st one, she wont stop there. Wimby & USO are also a huge possibility. If she wins all 3 remaining this year then we can start talking about the JJ Slam.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #4
country flag Bad Blood
テニプリ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Undefeated on clay

She is winning FO. I don't see anyone stopping her, but once she wins her 1st one, she wont stop there. Wimby & USO are also a huge possibility. If she wins all 3 remaining this year then we can start talking about the JJ Slam.
fjdsiofjoai

YES!

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #5
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Jankovic or Dokic?

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #6
country flag Bad Blood
テニプリ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material World View Post
Jankovic or Dokic?
The one with talent

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #7
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Ah! Dokic it is then....

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #8
country flag Sloejelly

Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold

I saw her in Brisbane last year and thought she was working hard, moving well and seemed focused. I predicted last year would be her year :lol
Sloejelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #9
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

How about Jelena actually beat a contender for grand slams first before we put her back in the list of contenders herself. She hasn't beaten anyone remotely relevant in terms of winning grand slams.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #10
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Duh... that house aint gonna furnish itself...
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #11
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Jinx, she's gonna lose to Wozzy 2moro
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #12
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

I don't think she's beaten a top 10 player in the past year.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #13
country flag Zoran :)

Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice

Cohen ,Duque-Marino,Cadantu ,Knapp,Ormaechea ,Oudin ,Garcia,Pegula ,Bouchard -nobody important, JJ will quickly get back to the old way a losing...No hope for RG.
Zoran :) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #14
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material World View Post
Ah! Dokic it is then....
+1
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #15
country flag Jose.
CL*2NE1

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

That gif is just so good

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote