Is Caroline Wozniacki able to be on top again ? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #16
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Caroline Wozniacki able to be on top again ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
The way she is playing now she will be on the limits of the top 10, moving slightly up and down. I don't think she will ever get into the top 5 again, she lacks the variety and the weapons to cross that line, also the rest of the girls have learned how vulnerable she can be. That big mental edge that she had a couple of years ago just isn't there anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Radwanska was a set away from #1 last year.

And I know I'm in the minority but I could see Woz back in the top 3 someday
I think it's too easy to just say right now Caroline won't ever be top 5 again. What is quite clear is Caro has taken a massive downwards dip in form since 2010-2011. If she's to get back up towards the top in the rankings she is going to have to improve, but that appears to be her problem, her level has now plateaued for months playing lower end top 10 level tennis. It's pretty worrying when you are 22 years old and your game appears to have declined since 2 years ago.

The biggest facet of her game that has declined is her consistency from the back of the court. She used to be very reliable from the back of the court, now she simply offers up too many inexplicable errors/short balls for her style of game. Unclesilas makes a good point about her mental edge being gone, it use to be players would implode vs her at crucial stages in matches, now it's often the opposite way around and she is the player that often breaks down at crucial stages. Her confidence in the big matches also seems to be totally shot. Look at the Radwanska matchup, 2 years ago it was Radwanska who seemed to lack all self belief in the matchup, now there has been a complete turnaround and it's Caroline who seems to lack the belief she can win.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #17
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Nay, nay and thrice nay.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #18
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its impossible to know what the top of the tour will look like in 3-5 years
Right now, what she can do is make the YEC and get as deep in the draws as she can at majors, especially the next several hardcourt majors
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #19
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

This speculation is impossible to make. I often compare any progress to mountain climbing which means that one may have to go down on occasion to go up for whatever reason. Career development, however, is even more complicated than non-linear progress just because it is not guaranteed. All one can say right now is that she is not heading in the direction to the top, but I can see that she may take many turns in her career. Let's see where the turns will take her. I also would like to say that she has what it is required to make it to the top as she already proved that before.
Bally, Rest In Peace!

Last edited by AndreConrad : Apr 5th, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #20
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Clarify by "being top again" ...if you mean top 5, BIG NO!!
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #21
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Yes, absolutely, unequivocally, with out a doubt.
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #22
country flag manu32

manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute

No
manu32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #23
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #24
country flag manu32

manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute manu32 has a reputation beyond repute

benefited from walkovers both at IW and in Charleston "quote"
manu32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #25
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

no, she's not welcome there anymore
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #26
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Now she is free to pursue her main priority which is to win Slams. When she wins the Slams, the ranking will follow.
Sorry but LOL
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #27
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu32 View Post
benefited from walkovers both at IW and in Charleston "quote"
People are afraid to face her moonballs
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #28
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Although Caroline from 2011 would be able to reach TOP5/6.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #29
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salve View Post
Peak at #6
This !

she will not reach the top again, unless the top 5 retire next year

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #30
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
Caroline can not play at the elite level. Her Final at IW was due to the withdrawal of Azarenka in their QF match.

I see her as a top 8 player at best.

So no, I do not think she will top the rankings again.

Edit: She has the ability to go even higher, maybe a consistent top 5, but she has to get back to the tennis she was playing 2 years ago. She was actually doing quite well and winning big titles. Her game has declined since then.
I agree