Is Caroline Wozniacki able to be on top again ? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #1
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all
Is Caroline Wozniacki able to be on top again ?

Caro's been playing a really good tennis lately, and now if she get the tite in Charlestone, she'll be provided with another points again, which may or may not increase her ranking. Do you think she's able to be on top of the ranking again ? and if yes, when will it happen ?
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #2
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future
Re: Is Caroline Wozniacki able to be on top again ?

Caroline can not play at the elite level. Her Final at IW was due to the withdrawal of Azarenka in their QF match.

I see her as a top 8 player at best.

So no, I do not think she will top the rankings again.

Edit: She has the ability to go even higher, maybe a consistent top 5, but she has to get back to the tennis she was playing 2 years ago. She was actually doing quite well and winning big titles. Her game has declined since then.
Alexander18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #3
country flag Albireo

Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute

Only Rory knows.

\easy
"If you practice for ten years, you may begin to please yourself, after 20 years you may become a performer and please the audience, after 30 years you may please even your guru, but you must practice for many more years before you finally become a true artist—then you may please even God." --Ali Akbar Khan, 1922-2009
Albireo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #4
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

I think that most of the top players have already figured out her game and what to do to beat her. Besides, she's not as consistent as she used to be. That was her main weapon and it's just not that reliable anymore.
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #5
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

No. #8-#15 is her range.
TrojanStallion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #6
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoo View Post
Caro's been playing a really good tennis lately.
She lost to Muguruza at Miami and benefited from walkovers both at IW and in Charleston. It's always a matter of perspective but for a former #1 that hardly constitutes "playing really good".

I think she plays suitable to what is her level now - #7-#10, there is no way for her to break into the Top 3 - Even Radwanska and Kerber who both kind of play an advanced version of Caroline's game can't break into there...how is she supposed to do that?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #7
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
Only Rory knows.

\easy
Cha-boom!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #8
country flag Luchador

Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
Caroline can not play at the elite level. Her Final at IW was due to the withdrawal of Azarenka in their QF match.

I see her as a top 8 player at best.

So no, I do not think she will top the rankings again.

Edit: She has the ability to go even higher, maybe a consistent top 5, but she has to get back to the tennis she was playing 2 years ago. She was actually doing quite well and winning big titles. Her game has declined since then.
this
Luchador is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #9
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

if she keeps getting injured players and walkovers & cakewalk draws its gonna boost her rank
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #10
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Realistically, #5-#10 is probably the best she's going to be for the rest of her career.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #11
country flag Veesus

Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute

Peak at #6
Veesus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #12
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

The way she is playing now she will be on the limits of the top 10, moving slightly up and down. I don't think she will ever get into the top 5 again, she lacks the variety and the weapons to cross that line, also the rest of the girls have learned how vulnerable she can be. That big mental edge that she had a couple of years ago just isn't there anymore.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #13
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
She lost to Muguruza at Miami and benefited from walkovers both at IW and in Charleston. It's always a matter of perspective but for a former #1 that hardly constitutes "playing really good".

I think she plays suitable to what is her level now - #7-#10, there is no way for her to break into the Top 3 - Even Radwanska and Kerber who both kind of play an advanced version of Caroline's game can't break into there...how is she supposed to do that?
Radwanska was a set away from #1 last year.

And I know I'm in the minority but I could see Woz back in the top 3 someday

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #14
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoo View Post
Caro's been playing a really good tennis lately, and now if she get the tite in Charlestone, she'll be provided with another points again, which may or may not increase her ranking. Do you think she's able to be on top of the ranking again ? and if yes, when will it happen ?
I keep seeing this, and wonder where people get this perception from. You've got to be in dream land if you think she's playing #1 or close to #1 tennis right now. She has 1 top 10 win all year. Right now her year is basically on par with how she started in 2012 points wise. The worrying thing from her perspective is whereas a year ago at this point she still seemed to be able to challenge the very top players, so far this year every time she's played one of the very top players she's just been rolled over. And really that is what she has to be compared to, gaining a couple of ranking spots doesn't mean a lot if you are falling further behind actually being a contender at the big events.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #15
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Radwanska was a set away from #1 last year.
But since then a clear order has been established and she shows no sign of breaking into there.

I think the IW final was pretty telling. Sharapova is pretty much the weakest of the Top 3 (or lets say "least strong" to not anger her fans..) and she easily handled Caro at IW. She's simply miles off their level right now.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote