Greater GOAT: Steffi Graf or Michael Schumacher? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who's greater?

Steffi Graf 39 70.91%
Michael Schumacher 16 29.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #16
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greater GOAT: Steffi Graf or Michael Schumacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Only a few months ago, Lance Armstrong would be eligible for such comparisons (up there with Federer etc.).

How things change.
The caveat in that case is that literally each and every goat contender in that sport definitely juiced (from Anqetil to Eddie Merckx to Indurain to Armstrong)
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #17
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Graf. Schumacher is in many ways overrated and took advantage of a weak era.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #18
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Where am I and why is it off-season in here?
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #19
country flag jdog3008

jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of

Driving a car isn't a sport

Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
jdog3008 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #20
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog3008 View Post
Driving a car isn't a sport
That is some profound motorsports knowledge you`re displaying here.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #21
country flag Luchador

Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of Luchador has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
, Schumacher wouldn't have won 7 World titles without a great team. The team of Schumacher, Ross Brawn, and Rory Byrne on the other hand is even more of a GOAT than Steffi Graf.
Schumacher also won with a less competitive team early in his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
But my objective opinion is Schumacher. I dare to say people know Schumacher's sports achievements better than Graf's.
this
Luchador is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #22
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchador View Post
Schumacher also won with a less competitive team early in his career
See why I mentioned Brawn and Byrne but not Jean Todt? It was Brawn and Byrne leading the technical side already at Benetton.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #23
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
No. Sorry. More like that will always come up with wankers who deal in "what ifs." No one knows what would have happened if Seles had not been stabbed. Plus her stabbing took about 3 months to fully heal. Her mental issues were all her own. And from the few book excerpts I've read they were simmering before that incident. I'd wager that had that happened to S.Williams she'd have been back kicking ass the next year. It's pathetic to try to diminish any player's accomplishments by whining about "well if this thing hadn't happened to some other player."
Ha, when dip chits like you keep pushing the unpushable, it is dam right laughable.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows that Graf was assisted by the stabbing. Even Gunter said, he stabbled Seles so it could clear the way for Graf to be #1 again. And that is a well know fact.

However, dip chits are blind to that fact..

73,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #24
country flag die_wahrheit

die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold die_wahrheit is a splendid one to behold

It's 100 times more difficult to be no 1 in tennis.
Easy to see. Vettel is already a successor for schumacher.
Not only because of his talent. It's simply relatively easy to put one man in the front row in formula 1.
Schumacher opened the door of course.
die_wahrheit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #25
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with the comparison is that the best F1 driver doesn't necessarily have a car equal to someone else's. You can have the same racket as your opponent. You simply can't have the same car, or the same crew chief. The car is too much of F1.

If you wanted to compare Steffi to say ...Michael Phelps this could get interesting.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #26
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Fangio.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #27
country flag crystal ball

crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of

Adam Malysz
EOT
crystal ball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #28
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

graf
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #29
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

We need a thread between Anna Kournikova and Corinna Zu-Sayn Wittgenstein!

Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #30
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

This has to be the worst thread ever, and people is even answering seriously
You can't even compare Schumacher to Fangio or whatever other driver in the old days just because there is so much difference between those eras... and you then compare a driver to a tennis player?
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote