Charleston R3: Stefanie Voegele (SUI) d. [10]Jule Goerges (GER) 36 61 63 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #31
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Charleston R3: Stefanie Voegele (SUI) d. [10]Jule Goerges (GER) 36 61 63

More shocking than the actual result is her post match quote.... girl, you are in denial.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #32
country flag Med.Nico

Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future

I wouldn't be surprise that Steffi gets into the top 30. She had always had the skills for that, but between the secotnd half of 2010 and last summer she suffered from some health and energy issues. I rhink two years ago she came back to train at the Swiss federation, got a much better serve (especially her 2nd serve) and that's paying off since last fall. I'm really happy for her
Med.Nico is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #33
country flag rnwerner

rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future

I havent seen the match.

But this result is fantastic. Very very nice.

Good win for Voegele - one of her best.
[FITD]: Budapest 2013
[FITD Doubles]: Madrid 2013 und Dubai 2014 [Q-Ball]: Brisbane 2013 und Madrid 2014
rnwerner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #34
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

You know it's a bad sign when you don't even care about the losses of your faves anymore. I just WISH Julia would finally get it together. I mean how many losses like this does she actually need until she realises that she HAS to change something? I think she just needs a coach who tells her exactly and honestly what she's doing WRONG and not that she has massive forehand, another tournament next week, etc.

But on the other hand I'm VERY pleased for Stefanie, first premier QF, this is great!! I always felt that she's a good player and for people who can't understand why Goerges lost this: If Goerges can reach the Top 20, then there's absolutely no doubt that Stefanie can reach the Top 20 as well. Stefanie struggled A LOT during the last few years, so this victory has to mean a lot to her. Goerges on the other hand is probably happy having won 2 matches.
A-Bond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #35
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

Meh would have been worse if she'd choked against Caroline

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #36
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Georges from bad to worse.

Will she ever get it together again ?
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #37
country flag Grininel

Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all

Watched middle set and last couple of games.
I'm curious to know how many girls on tour can generate good spin on 2nd serve as Voegele did today.
Nothing to lose against Wozniacki, Move ahead!
Grininel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #38
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Stefanie has a great game, and I think she has the potential to make the top 25 or top 20.

Julia She's so inconsistent...

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #39
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
More shocking than the actual result is her post match quote.... girl, you are in denial.
As I am not aware of any "post match quote" of Jule, please be so kind and direct me to this piece.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
As I am not aware of any "post match quote" of Jule, please be so kind and direct me to this piece.
Yes, we need receipts.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #41
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was my best match here on the US Tour and I am on the right track. It is not about winning or losing. It is about seeing your improvements and that’s what I saw today.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #42
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

She seriously said that after the match? I hate the "it is not about winning or losing" line in most contexts, because ultimately winning is what tennis is all about. After a loss to someone ranked over 30 places below you it's just a ridiculous thing to say. It doesn't matter how much you think you've improved if it's not actually translating to results. Goerges has a lot to learn about winning ugly and mental application in matches.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #43
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

On the German Version of her HP she was quoted (bolding is mine): "Es geht nicht immer nur ums gewinnen oder verlieren, ..." which I would translate "It's not always just about winning or losing, ..." Unfortunately the people who run her HP missed these two tiny little words in the English Version.

Be convinced that Jule is fully aware that the USD 2.6M prize money she has earned came mainly from her wins and that her commitments also depend on her partners expectations of her future results. As the "improvements" SHE saw in the "best match" she played on US territory in 2013 against then semifinalist Stefanie Vögele didn't lead to a win, I am confident she (and her competitors) will "work hard" that her "improvements" will continue. If her feelings ("Overall I feel I have been playing really well. I feel physically fitter than ever and foresee this tennis season going very positively as I know all the training and preparation I have put into it.") will reflect in results we will see as the season moves along.

So far, what Jule sees seems to be something different from those spectators see.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #44
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

Julia just had too many bad losses, I'm not buying these "improvement-statements". I mean she has the perfect role model with Kerber who showed how far you can get by actually fighting and not giving up when things aren't going your way.

But I can't be too hard on her. I remember being very angry about Safina at the Australian Open 2008 after losing to a complete unknown Sabine Lisicki. I was writing about her career going down the toilet, no direction, no improvement whatsoever. And we all know what happened a few months later. But of course you can't compare Dinara's work ethics with Julia's. I mean Safina would've NEVER said something like that after losing such a match. I'm sure she wasn't full of compliments of herself after that Lisicki loss.
A-Bond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote