What has happened to Sloane Stephens since AO 2013? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:08 AM   #1
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future
What has happened to Sloane Stephens since AO 2013?

She's in a horrible slump. During her match today, she started crying while her coach tried to motivate her.

Maybe she is having a hard time dealing with this new found success and she's cracking under pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:10 AM   #2
country flag Vee Williams

Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future
Re: What has happened to Sloane Stephens since AO 2013?

it's called pressure... a Serena effect
Vee Williams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:11 AM   #3
country flag bbjpa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of

Oudin's curse
bbjpa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:12 AM   #4
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future

Lol. I think she is going to fire her coach before or after the French Open. I'm going with after the FO is over, if she performs poorly there.

I can bet money on that.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:16 AM   #5
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

That fluke win over Serena can only take her so far. Now she has to actually play and show her skills and mental fortitude. She looked good against an injured Serena but hype and pressure appear to be her doom. Hopefully she can get it together, she clearly has potential.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:16 AM   #6
country flag AlonsoFx

AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future

She shouldnt have beaten Serena in a GS esp. in late stage
- #1 Jelena Jankovic -
AlonsoFx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:17 AM   #7
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Gain too much before she was ready......she is now playing under the weight of expectations.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:17 AM   #8
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Awful attitude + over-inflated ego. She's throwing tantrums / whining in the middle of every match lately because her opponents aren't handing over victory like she wants them to do.

She'll bounce back though, even if it takes a year. She's overranked, but she isn't a hack like some of her recent losses seem to indicate.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:19 AM   #9
neorules

neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all neorules is a name known to all

This "syndrome" happens very often at all levels in tennis. Very often a good young player and their coaches ,parents, advisors etc. make a very big mistake: They have the young talent play up way too often. Their player then fails to learn how to handle the Everything to lose-Nothing to gain pressure situation. In the pro's the up and coming talent can very easily play well when its Everything to gain nothing to lose situation. This is how they become successful at first in the WTA. When you've got loads of points to defend and everyone expects you to win its a different situation and very few players are equipped to handle it. Looks like that is the situation here. I deal with this ALL the time in working with the Good juniors on up to the pro's.
neorules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM   #10
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

She went from being the hunter to the hunted after one tournament and she clearly cannot cope with that change right now.
Kind of like the new girl at school who is finding it really difficult to settle and is being bullied by her classmates

Have to say though that Sloane is doing herself no favours whatsoever with that bratty attitude. It is almost like she is taken by surprise and throws in the towel immediately when a decent challenge is mounted against her. She could not end that match quick enough at the end.
Have to say her coach is waay too soft on her too...he was pussy-footing about her when he came on to court. I think a girl like Sloane needs tough love and telling as it is
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM   #11
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold

From watching that match Sloane definitely looked lost out there. She has no clue how to handle this new position that she is in. Players coming out the gate trying to beat her, she cant deal with it. Her coaches need to realize this and do something about or as the above post said she will fire them! Although most of that is mental adjustment,but from seeing her today, it really looks like she doesnt know what her motivation is.
dagamezbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM   #12
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Used to say, back in the day, "Pressure busts pipes."

She learning a hard lesson in Wanting v/s Having.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #13
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

clearly feeling the pressure. Hopefully she'll snap out of it soon...
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #14
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

I can see Madison Keys beats her soon.
Help will be bageled and it will be the most routine bagel in YEC history
Halepsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #15
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing has really changed her game wise she still is trying to get use to playing at bigger events and being a name now
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote