Live scores permitted again for today - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:54 AM   #1
country flag wtn_amanda
Webmistress

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute
Live scores permitted again for today

Since the chat solution is not working as well as we'd hoped, you may resume posting live scoring threads this evening.

I urge you to be considerate in your usage of these. Don't keep pressing REFRESH every 30 seconds. It slows things down for everyone else and prevents people from accessing the board.

We are working on a new solution for live scoring. In the meantime, I encourage you to check out the chat software available here:
http://www.wtaworld.com/chat_download.php

If the server does go down or slow, you can still connect to the chat to obtain scores.
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:25 AM   #2
country flag Brian Stewart
Plainclothes Division

Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all of the things you are doing, Amanda. I know it seems like all we do sometimes is complain about what we don't have. But I'd like to take this opportunity to say that we do appreciate the things we do have. This board is still the best around, and you and your crew have gone above and beyond the call of duty.

On behalf of my fellow posters, thank you.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chandarubin
Brian Stewart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:14 AM   #3
Valda Lake

Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all Valda Lake is a name known to all
Brian...I hope you appreciate the fact that I erased my initial post (I was VERY generous tonight). I think there is something you do not know about the workings here lol...more in email.
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:21 AM   #4
rfs1999

rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice
If the officaial site has live scoring, lock out the thread after posting the website.
rfs1999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #5
martina to win

martina to win is an unknown quantity at this point
UR THE BOMB AMANDA
I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING U R DOING
THANX FROM MARTINA TO WIN
martina to win is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 11:10 PM   #6
country flag 1jackson2001
psychotic banana

1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of
Thanks Amanda.

V.E.S.W.
Wimbledon 00, 01, 05, 07, 08
US Open 00, 01
1jackson2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:25 AM   #7
country flag Bella

Bella has disabled reputation
At one point, people were kept from posting more than once in x amount of time. Can you keep people from refreshing more than once per minute or two (or three or four or five) except for live scores posters? Refreshing that often is obsessive anyway. Tension can be good. Make 'em wait.

I hate to lose the scoring threads. Even if the thread is closed for all other posters til the match is over, at least the record would be there.
Bella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:43 AM   #8
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Bella is right.

Cator the board around people who just sit around and press "refresh" in scoring threads with the occasion "GO player X - her forehand, attack the forehand!", "player X sucks! you go player Y!".

Those who are actually attempting to post something worth reading should suffer.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote