Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 15th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #1036
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

Anyway back to clay.

I really do think this win will give Sam a huge confidence boost. She had such a bad run last year of losing close sets/matches that she should have won so to get away with the first set and steamroll through the second can only help the mind.
This has to be her best chance of a win of apetra.
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #1037
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Its so hard to know with Petra though. She's managed to play some awful tennis in patches lately but still get the win. In saying that though Sam has had some close matches against Petra, despite not getting a win, and some in doors which Petra prefers. This is clay.. Sam should be more comfortable in this match. If Petra does go off a little Sam has to put her foot down.
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #1038
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Hmmm, those aren't the kind of cookies I'm thinking of ...
Oh dear. You just brought me back to my contiki days and my educational experiences in Amsterdam.
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #1039
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Is it really that big a loss? I hate the stuff.

But I could really do with all the biscuits you listed. All I have here are Oreos.. but alot of other chocolate stuff that would be bad for me right now.
Vegemite is my obsession. Lack of vegemite is my kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
Anyway back to clay.
Thank you for getting this thread back on topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
I really do think this win will give Sam a huge confidence boost. She had such a bad run last year of losing close sets/matches that she should have won so to get away with the first set and steamroll through the second can only help the mind.
This has to be her best chance of a win of apetra.
I agree. I think she should beat Petra, but I don't think she will beat herself up too much if she doesn't, as long as she can make a competitive match of it. At the start of this week she was staring at the prospect of going to RG without having won a tour match this year on red clay, and on a 3-match losing streak. Two matches and a good fight against a top 10 player would be a decent result compared to that. But a first ever win against Petra would give her the confidence she so sorely missed last year when things got tight.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1040

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Hmmm, those aren't the kind of cookies I'm thinking of ...
Jesus, as usual I'm slow as shit.

Given the fact that I'm about an hour late twigging to everything you post you must think I'm munching on those cookies 24/7
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1041
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Aga lost and withdrew from her next tournament with shoulder problems. Is it bad to hope that if Sam does win tomorrow and overtake Caro that Aga does withdraw from FO... giving Sam no.8 seed. I mean I hate to see a player injured but...
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #1042
country flag Ado.

I think any opportunity that benefits Sam is fine by me.

Fram Stosavone play again in an hour. I think I will be fast asleep by then but will cheer in my dreams.
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #1043

Quote:
Aga lost and withdrew from her next tournament with shoulder problems. Is it bad to hope that if Sam does win tomorrow and overtake Caro that Aga does withdraw from FO... giving Sam no.8 seed. I mean I hate to see a player injured but...
I don't wish any player injury woes, but others have profited from Sam's injuries this year, so if Aga does withdraw I would be really happy if that helps Sam.

Not that I think being 8th or 9th seed would make a huge difference. If I recall correctly, the 5-8 seeds are always drawn to play the 9-12 seeds in R4. If Aga withdraws and Sam wins tomorrow, Sam's potential opponents in that round would be Woz, Nadia, Kiri and probably Ana (but maybe Roby or Domi). If Aga stays in the draw, Sam would get either Na, Sara, Angie or Petra at the same stage. That could be a little tougher for her, but not that much I don't think.
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1044
country flag Huntress55

Hmm I didnt look at the potential matchups I just like the look of no.8 seed next to her name better
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1045

Quote:
Hmm I didnt look at the potential matchups I just like the look of no.8 seed next to her name better
I do too. I think it would be a good psychological boost for her too, to be one of the players seeded to reach the QFs.
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1046

If LDL can finish the job against Wicky, Sam Francesco should be on soon

Hope they can keep it up, I think it would be great for Sam's confidence to have a strong run in both singles and doubles. And as long as they keep winning their doubles, Sam's singles matches will be scheduled early, which I think is good for her as well.
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #1047
country flag Huntress55

And good for us in Aus as well if shes on earlier
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #1048

Quote:
And good for us in Aus as well if shes on earlier
Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Good all round
Old May 15th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #1049

Sam and Fran lost the first set 4-6

They were broken 3 times in the set, at least twice on Sam's serve (maybe all 3 times, I'm not sure). Clearly still some work to be done
Old May 15th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #1050

Frans serving first for the team in set 2. Sam must really have sucked in set 1

Still broken 4-6 0-2

So much for a deep run in doubles (unless they get their act together in a hurry)