Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #871
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

2 MPs
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #872
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Yay Sam, it's great to see her play again
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #873
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Yay a win Good start to the tournament.
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #874

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

GSM Sammy. And our reward: we get to see that lovely smile
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #875
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo

Good win for Sammy. First step towards a hopeful resurgence in confidence.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #876

16/16 W-UE. Pretty good under the circumstances.
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #877
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Decent stats. First serve percentage low but good success when in. Still at 60-70% but managed to cruise through that. So pleased to see her get a solid win and hopefully this will give her some confidence. And wins the match on her first match point which is nice.
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
Decent stats. First serve percentage low but good success when in. Still at 60-70% but managed to cruise through that. So pleased to see her get a solid win and hopefully this will give her some confidence. And wins the match on her first match point which is nice.
Just 1 SP and now just the one MP. Very businesslike from Sammy
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #879

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
Hmmm, as I remember it Peakmantha only deigns to win matches on the eighth or ninth MP, so this stat has me worried

Old May 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #880

Looking at Peng and Sam's H2H, it seems to be very surface dependent. Sam's never really been challenged on clay, but their hardcourt matches have been tightly contested. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Old May 13th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Looking at Peng and Sam's H2H, it seems to be very surface dependent. Sam's never really been challenged on clay, but their hardcourt matches have been tightly contested. Hopefully the trend will continue.
From what I've seen of her, Peng likes to force the pace. She won't like this slow uneven bounce I don't think. As long as Sam keeps her head like she did today, I think she should be fine.
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #882
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Now what we really need is for Woz to bomb out in Rome and for Sam to reach the quarters. This will allow Sam to jump back into 9th spot and have a slight chance of being seeded 8th for the French Open (Kerber pulling out of Rome with an abdominal strain doesnt sound too good for Angie either).
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #883
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Yay Sammy!!!! Thought she looked pretty good from what I saw

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #884
country flag tenniscrazy84

tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all

great win!!! come on !!!!

No tengan miedo: la cosa se pone oscura, pero nunca deja de ser dulce.
tenniscrazy84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #885

Samcesca 3rd match on court 2 tomorrow. Sam has a rest day from singles.