Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros - Page 112 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #1666
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Have fun Adomoose!

Btw: if play starts tomorrow and the top half starts first, does that mean Sam will play her first match on Monday?
Thanks Stromatolite. Half the bottom half of the draw will play on Monday and the rest on Tuesday.
Ado. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #1667
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
Thanks Stromatolite. Half the bottom half of the draw will play on Monday and the rest on Tuesday.
Thanks!

Hope Sam plays Monday, because that's about the only day they're predicting half-decent weather next week. Doesn't look as if it'll be as bad as Brussels has been this week, but it's still a long way from the nice hot and sunny weather Sam loves.

Anyway, don't forget to pack a sweater and a brolly, we need you in good health and spirits to cheer Sammy on
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1668
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Francisco's first round match is against the number five seeds, Huber and Martinez Sanchez.

Tough one ... although Huber and MJMS's results this year haven't been great.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #1669

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow's draw has been released and Sam's not on it. Seems she will start on Tuesday. Bummer, the weather forecast for tomorrow is pretty nice, the rest of the week is expected to be a lot cooler with rain.

At the risk of taking pleasure at other people's misfortunes, Nadia, who is one of Sam's top-10 rivals, has lost in the 1st round. Sam still needs to reach at least the 4th round to stay ahead of her, but this takes a little bit of pressure off at least. Ivanovic was tested as well, but she came through against Martic. Looks like she has a pretty clear path to the second week now
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #1670

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki a set up against Robson. Hoping Laura can turn things around, but I don't think she will

Ah well. To be honest I'm not too worried about what Sam's ranking will be, I just want her to have a good tournament.

Old May 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1671

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Wozniacki a set up against Robson. Hoping Laura can turn things around, but I don't think she will

Ah well. To be honest I'm not too worried about what Sam's ranking will be, I just want her to have a good tournament.
In retrospect I think Laura was just about the ideal opponent for Caro in current form. Laura will have convinced herself she has to play lights out tennis to win, so Caro has to take zero risks, just get the ball back and wait for the error.

But I agree with you that Sam's ranking is less important than her having a good feeling about how she's playing. She would have a decent chance to get back into the top 10 if she drops out now, she's not defending much before the USO.
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #1672
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Sam up first on court 1 tomorrow and I will be on a plane. Please win Sammy so I can see you play on Thursday. I will be sending good vibes from the flight so cheer hard guys. Hopefully I will find wifi easily in dubai when in transit so I can check the score.
Ado. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
Sam up first on court 1 tomorrow and I will be on a plane. Please win Sammy so I can see you play on Thursday. I will be sending good vibes from the flight so cheer hard guys. Hopefully I will find wifi easily in dubai when in transit so I can check the score.
Have a good trip!

Crappy weather tomorrow, about 13 degrees and a high chance of rain at the time she's supposed to play. Hopefully Sam will not be too badly affected.
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #1674
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Have a safe trip, Adomoose! Hopefully you will have a chance to personally cheer for Sam on Thursday.

Damn...Sam just can't seem to catch a break where the weather is concerned. But here's the tournament we've all been setting our sights on, so lets hope that she will put on the game face and kick some ass.
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1675

At least 1 hour rain delay for Sam's match ... and quite probably longer.

Adomoose might get to France before we see the match

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1676

Quote:
At least 1 hour rain delay for Sam's match ... and quite probably longer.

Adomoose might get to France before we see the match
From the radar it looks as if there is a stripe of bad weather lying across Paris atm. It should shift westward in the next hour or so, but there will probably be lots of smaller rainy pockets, so it could be a testing day. They seem to expect the temperature to drop as the day progresses, so the current 13 degrees or so is probably as good as it's going to get.
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1677
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

I'm on site. It's slightly raining. B.
Note: I've got great seat!
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1678

It says Paris is overcast now, so hopefully the match will start in half an hour or so.

Have you got any inside info for us on the start time B?

Old May 28th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #1679

I think it might have started raining again

I don't think it has rained much though, so I would imagine that once the main rain front has shifted, they could start reasonably quickly. The courts shouldn't be too waterlooged I wouldn't imagine, the main concern is probably that the lines are dry to avoid players slipping.
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #1680
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
It says Paris is overcast now, so hopefully the match will start in half an hour or so.

Have you got any inside info for us on the start time B?
At 12:30pm, it should be OK.

For Stro: in fact the rain hasn't stopped at all. But the weather is prefect for gardening, so nothing definitive, this is not the USO, just RG.

B.

Last edited by bertisonline : May 28th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote