Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros - Page 111 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1651
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

Full draw:

stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #1652
country flag AaronT

AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice

Tough draw but with Sam it doesn't matter about the draw but her head. She could lose to some unknowns or beat top players. I'm just a little worry about Sam has to play against quality player such as Jankovic in the early round If she gets through her potential 3rd match against Jankovic she could play very well later on and cause lot of troubles to her masters Kvitova, Sharapova and Azarenka.
AaronT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #1653

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

^I agree. Now that I've had some time to think about it I don't think the draw is THAT bad. Sam was playing her first tour match after injury and without adequate opportunity to prepare, but was still quite competitive against Jankovic. She was still well below her best when she beat Petra for the first ever time. If she'd plays at the level she showed in the second set against Vika she should beat both of them comfortably. I also don't think she is without her chances against Pova. The main thing that is unfortunate about that is that of the top 4 seeds Maria is the one least likely to lose before the QF, so if Sam gets that far it's almost certain she'll play her (of course if she'd been in Aga's quarter, we'd all be hoping like crazy that Aga did get that far)
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1654
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

I actually quite like the draw. I prefer when she has tough opponents because she likes being the underdog. Think 2010 French Open not looking too far back, The US Open last year where her draw had Martic first round which most of us were a little worried and then Lepchenko, Clijsters/Na, Vika, Masha and she handled herself very well (all be it with a little assistance from Robson)
Bring on next week!
Ado. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1655
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Geez Errani's quarter is an absolute cake walk. Looks like she will progress to the quarters quiet comfortably. Woz has Robson first round
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
Geez Errani's quarter is an absolute cake walk. Looks like she will progress to the quarters quiet comfortably. Woz has Robson first round
Yeah, saw that as well. The only question is can Laura be relied on to do the deed? She's been playing quite well lately so the expectations are raised. Exactly the time you'd expect her to throw in a shocker. Still, against Woz on a 5-match losing streak, you'd have to fancy her chances.
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #1657
country flag Ado.

I just checked Kimiko's form and noticed that she has barely played the last few months. She retired in her last two matches and is yet to play a claycourt tourney this year. I am wondering if she will even get through the match.
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #1658

Quote:
I just checked Kimiko's form and noticed that she has barely played the last few months. She retired in her last two matches and is yet to play a claycourt tourney this year. I am wondering if she will even get through the match.
It'll be nice if Sam gets an easy match, but I don't want her to get a (partial) walkover. She still badly needs matches if she's going to challenge the better players in the later rounds.
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #1659
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
It'll be nice if Sam gets an easy match, but I don't want her to get a (partial) walkover. She still badly needs matches if she's going to challenge the better players in the later rounds.
It's Roland Garros, it has never said to be easy, Sam needs to beat top players at one moment.

On the reverse way, Errani in SF last year was read as a lucky draw — or for the other players it was just unfair of Sam going back to the final that easily of Roland Garros.

B.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #1660
country flag Ado.

I have centre court tickets to Thursday. I just noticed that top half of the draw are playing first which theoretically means Sam's 2nd Round match (assuming she wins) will be on Thursday. If Mladenovic also wins, do you think my chances are high of that match being on centre court given she will play a french girl? I am so excited I fly out of Sydney on Tuesday.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #1661
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Quote:
I have centre court tickets to Thursday. I just noticed that top half of the draw are playing first which theoretically means Sam's 2nd Round match (assuming she wins) will be on Thursday. If Mladenovic also wins, do you think my chances are high of that match being on centre court given she will play a french girl? I am so excited I fly out of Sydney on Tuesday.
That would be awesome, wouldn't it? Enjoy yourself, Adomoose! Hope you get to see Sam!
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #1662
country flag Ado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
That would be awesome, wouldn't it? Enjoy yourself, Adomoose! Hope you get to see Sam!
Thanks Sinclair. I will try to take some pics and do my best at stalking.
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #1663
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds great! Very jealous

Have a fun time
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #1664

Have fun Adomoose!

Btw: if play starts tomorrow and the top half starts first, does that mean Sam will play her first match on Monday?
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1665

Quote:
I just realized she's in Aga's quarter, so make that the SF. The only slim chance I can see of her losing earlier is if Halep comes through her section of the draw and takes her out in R4.