Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros - Page 105 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1561
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1562
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Knew VIka would take first MP. Still so many positives from this match and this whole tournament though.
That's how Sam has to look at this. She was very rusty coming into this tournament, so it's not surprising she had trouble maintaining her momentum.

As the commies said, she now knows she can completely outplay Vika on clay. Only some tightness in key stages of the match robbed her of that
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1563
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

FUCKKKKK!

Well, at least we had peak Sam in the second set. That's still a good sign.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1564
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
Goshh 14-34 and win the match. I don't get this
Its all about when you hit the Ws and UEs.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1565
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Damn it!!!!

Best tennis I have seen play in a while this week, yes, positives can be taken out of this one.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #1566
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all

Some nice stats from Sam total points won 88 / 83 w/ue 34/36. Sam just lacking that extra quality at key points - still a good run going into the French - go get her at the French! Good tune up and back to the practice courts
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1567
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold

I think we can say for the first time Sam is ready for the FO. Her calf, tennis level are here back again.
Of course she lost many opportunities in the last set. The match reminds me the match Vs. Clijsters at the USO in 2010.
B.
bertisonline is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1568
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
That's how Sam has to look at this. She was very rusty coming into this tournament, so it's not surprising she had trouble maintaining her momentum.

As the commies said, she now knows she can completely outplay Vika on clay. Only some tightness in key stages of the match robbed her of that
Very true. She was fucking spectacular in parts of the second. Good reasons to be optimistic.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1569

bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold bertisonline is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
So do I… B.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #1570
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Im pretty sure I just want to watch that second set over and over until RG.. just to keep it all positive
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1571
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all annetcl is a name known to all

I am going to make a highlight reel of her matches from Rome - will share them with you guys once done
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #1572

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
I am going to make a highlight reel of her matches from Rome - will share them with you guys once done
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #1573
country flag AaronT

AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice

Best of luck at the French Sam. Work on your mental game please!!!always play horrible when you are in winning position in matches.
AaronT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
So do I… B.
Well, right now I still feel so much tension! I certainly won’t sleep in the next few hours.
It was only Rome, but we were close to big time. Hmm… I definitely will think about it.
B.
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #1575
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
Well, right now I still feel so much tension! I certainly won’t sleep in the next few hours.
It was only Rome, but we were close to big time. Hmm… I definitely will think about it.
B.
I feel the same. I can feel a large whiskey coming on
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote