Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #1
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

Well, the Charleston draw ceremony has started and Sam is in the draw

Sam in the bottom half with Caro, Serena and Sloane in the top half.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #2
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

I'm so glad Sam is still in the draw!

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #3

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Full draw:

S. Williams (1) v BYE
Minella v Giorgi
Q v Mladenovic
Tatishvili v Lisicki (15)

Cirstea (11) v Malek
Rus v Medina Garrigues
Oprandi v Lucic-Baroni
BYE v Safarova (6)

Stephens (4) v BYE
Anastasia Rodionova v Mattek-Sands
Cadantu v Keys
Q v Paszek (13)

Lepchenko (12) v McHale
Czink v Johansson
Puig v Hlavackova
BYE v V. Williams (5)

Barthel (8) v BYE
Muguruza v Q
Scheepers v Q
Oudin v Jankovic (9)

Robson (16) v Cabeza Candela
Q v Q
Hantuchova v Erakovic
BYE v Stosur(3)

Saurez Navarro (7) v BYE
Voegele v Q
Hampton v Govortsova
Putinseva v Goerges (10)

Shvedova (14) v Q
Petkovic v Townsend
Schiavone v Soler-Espinosa
BYE v Wozniacki (2)
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #4
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Full draw:
BYE v Stosur(3)

Sam will prevail!

B.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #5

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Sam is in the FCC house now.
B.

— From her FB post:
"Thanks to all the crew at The
Family Circle Cup no better place to celebrate my birthday"
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:13 AM   #6
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think that's a pretty fair draw. Hantuchova is potentially dangerous, but she has a bad record against Sam and hasn't really been in good form this year as far as I know. Not sure about Erakovic.

I think if Sam is in any sort of physical shape she could win at least a couple of matches here. But then there's always the possibility that she'll play tentatively because she's missed a period of matchplay/training, or that her body simply won't hold up. Please Sammy
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 06:40 AM   #7

I'm still expecting Serena and Venus to pull out, in which case Sloane's spot in the draw would have been better. I know that Venus tweeted that they were on their way, but I think that was for the form. Even if they play it's a bit hard to see them being in peak form by the time Sam would have had to play them.

But the draw is what it it. Could be better, could be worse. Hantuchova-Robson-Barthel-Wozniacki is no cakewalk to the final in any case, especially if Sam is underprepared.

Not too worried about her body not holding up if she starts. If she still has any doubts I think she'll pull out before the start of play.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 03:45 PM   #8

Sam will practice today at 3:00pm on the stadium. B.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:20 PM   #9

That's great news

Thanks Bertrand, keep up the excellent stalking
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 07:56 PM   #10

And finally… here is Sam onto the Stadium!
More later — finishing my beer FIRST.

B — Sinclair is here now too in Charleston.

Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:40 PM   #11
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Fantastic pictures, Bertand! Especially because I happened to be there when they were taken....

And to all the forum members, you can be certain that Bertrand is 100% dedicated to capturing the best pics and videos of Sam from a true fan's point of view. It was a pleasure to meet him!

Sam practiced for a short while today, with and without a taped calf muscle. Fingers crossed!!
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:40 PM   #12
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Fantastic pictures, Bertand! Especially because I happened to be there when they were taken....

And to all the forum members, you can be certain that Bertrand is 100% dedicated to capturing the best pics and videos of Sam from a true fan's point of view. It was a pleasure to meet him!

Sam practiced for a short while today, with and without a taped calf muscle. Fingers crossed!!
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 12:11 AM   #13

Thank you Sinclair for your note.

Here is the whole picture set of Sam’s practice today, onto the Stadium. B.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #14
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pictures and updates peeps. Hope you both have a great time - Charleston always seems like it's a really nice tournament for some reason

How was Sam moving on court today? Did she look uncomfortable or inhibited at all? I think the fact she had a bit of a hit without the strapping is probably a good sign.

Hantuchova and Erakovic aren't on on Monday, so looks like Sam's first match won't be until Thurdsay.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

Last edited by SilverPersian : Apr 1st, 2013 at 03:55 AM.
SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 04:16 AM   #15

Thanks for the pics Bertrand, theyre great

Sam looks happy and relaxed. Interesting that she chose to have the taping taken off after a while, I would have thought she'd keep it on for the first practice. Although with bad weather being forecast, I suppose she may not even get a second practice.

@SilverPersian: Barring weather delays I can't imagine they'd schedule 2nd round matches as late as Thursday. They still have another 4 rounds to get through after R2. Or did you mean Thursday your time?

Glad you two got to meet up, Bertrand and Sinclair! Enjoy yourselves