STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche! - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #1006
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Aint no backseat in my Porsche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
In all my years here I'd rate the "peak TF hate" like this:

1. Woz, no contest. When she was #1, people actually wanted her to fall off a cliff in and die.
2. Justine
3. Maria/Serena
Yep. Although the hate for Serena is just so so insignificant generally to be ranked alongside Martha (What a nice achievement for Martha huh )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Na Li is 31 years old and has won a grand total of 7 WTA titles. She's your prototype upper-echelon WTA journey woman.

Maria may or may or win tomorrow, but there isn't any reasons to put Li on a pedestal the likes of Serena or Henin.
Slam champion and 2 slam finals, that's not a journey woman no matter how you put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I agree that the first set is vital for Maria. If she loses it in a 7-5 or 7-6 fashion, expending a lot of energy, then it would be an awful lot to expect of her to find a way to take the last 2 sets if Li is playing well.

If Maria wins the first, she's on her way to victory. And even if she loses the second after winning the first, I'd still like her chances in a third set. She'd feel right at home in yet another third. The key is not letting Li get comfortable with a lead.
You know except for that one depressing phase (was it early this year?) where you were really negative, I tend to agree with a lot of your tennis analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
Maria played crap on her way to the IW final and played well to win it. Hope she can do the same tonight
Love you avatar.
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #1007
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
In all my years here I'd rate the "peak TF hate" like this:

1. Woz, no contest. When she was #1, people actually wanted her to fall off a cliff in and die.
2. Justine
3. Maria/Serena
Did somebody forgot Vika?
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #1008
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Did anybody here in this forum believed Maria can take a set from Serena in Miami final? She played utter crap in Miami till Final and in Final she almost beaten Serena. Na is nowhere near to Serena and in the last few tournaments Maria preserved her best for Finals. So I am having this feeling that Maria would avenge her defeat in AO-13 semis.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #1009
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Honestly the fact that she lost to her at the AO is the one thing that reassures me because I know Maria will be extra motivated and concentrated to avenge that loss.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #1010
country flag yashwanth

Honestly speaking Na doesn't deserve to win this tournament, please no offence towards her, I respect the fact that she plays great. But come on whom she defeated to reach Final

2nd round - M. Lucic-Baroni(I never heard of her)
Quarters - Out of Gas Kvitova(LOL on Clay with her movement)
Semis - Qualifier Mattek Sands(How many hours she was out of court in the past week)
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #1011
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

I guess Martha did not deserve her RG title with 'that' draw then
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #1012
country flag yashwanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
I guess Martha did not deserve her RG title with 'that' draw then
Yes you are right but to some extent only. French Open 2012 field was completely diluted with the surprise loss of Serena in 1st round. And Na also got the easiest draw as Maria but she could not capitalize on it, getting bageled by Shvedova in 3rd set is unacceptable, especially if ur a defending champion . For that matter Azarenka, Petra, Na, Maria all got easy draws in French Open 2012 but only Maria was able to capitalize.Here the situation is different Maria got toughest draw and schedule when compared to Li.As I mentioned earlier I have a lot of respect towards Na, she is playing great.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #1013
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Maria is certainly the better player of the two. Se might feel the 7 hours she's been on court but the fact of playing for the title will (perhaps) ease the pain. I hope Maria remembers the consequences of playing too many in-the-middle-shots at the AO, and she adopts a better strategy.
I really want that by the end of the afternoon she starts making plans to park her second Porsche (of many more to come, I guess, given her new "job").....

Last edited by Abuttons : Apr 28th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #1014
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

if Maria win Stuttgart it will be her 29th title, hopefully Rome or FO will be the 30th

don't lose to Li Na again Maria, pleease

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #1015
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Another reason why it's really important that Maria takes the first set:

Chris Skelton ‏@ChrisSkelton87 1h
The first set is crucial for Li, who is 0-7 against Sharapova after losing it.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #1016
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Feeling Li is gonna dominate this clay season. AO finalists always do well on clay. Li is IMHO the biggest favourite in Paris.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #1017
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
I have the Feeling Li is gonna dominate this clay season. AO finalists always do well on clay. Li is IMHO the biggest favourite in Paris.
I don't think Li has the consistency to dominate anything

She hasn't played much this year, but all of her results are solid and her form this year is already light years better than anything she produced in 2012/ late 2011.

She is obviously a good player, but she isn't capable of playing good for a long time period. It's just the type of player she is

She will most likely win Stuttgart, but I see her losing in QF in Madrid and the same in Rome. She could be a factor at the FO given that she has already won there, but I don't see it happening. She is always a major threat though.

If Kvitova is the Berdych of the WTA, then NaNa is probably the Tsonga.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #1018
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

OMG someone already thought up our Porsche idea

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1019
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
OMG someone already thought up our Porsche idea

Empress
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #1020
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

on the note side, in an interview yesterday Petkovic said Kerber's baseline game is better than Martha's one