STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche! - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #811
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Aint no backseat in my Porsche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Yeah I mean, Petra played well for about 3 games today and Na played Lucic () in her first round. We'll see what happens. It'll most likely be a hot mess three setter in the final if they both make it
It's probably psycho that I kind of want their matches, at least their finals, to be as shiteous as their Rome final . I like Li Na a lot so I don't mind as much if she wins, but if Maria's gonna lose, I'd much rather it be in a glorious display of mutual fuckery (or awesomeness)
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #812
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I don't hang out in GM often, but the unending abuse Maria gets is breathtaking. Whether it's her looks, her game, or her character, she is constantly belittled from everywhere. And I looked at other threads and I don't see other players getting disrespected. It's like it's all reserved for her and the only ones who have her back are posters from this forum.
GM-ers just don't like good looking blondes. A few years ago it was Woz. "She's a pusher. We don't like her game. She's never won a slam." Just a few of the excuses they came up with for the arse gravy that came out of their mouths. Now there's another player who's the exact opposite of Woz that gets mudpies thrown in her direction. The only thing they have in common is that they both are good looking blondes. Only logical conclusion: GM doesn't like good looking blondes
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #813
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

So guys, I'm back from Stuttgart, and I feel really blessed.
Not only did I see Maria play for over two hours, but I also saw her win

Watching a match live, I have to say you get so much more respect for the effort they put in every point. Overall I thought the quality was really good.

Maria had a slow start, even though she started with a break. Once she found her serve she was looking fine, until it disappeared at the end of the second set.

I believe Maria then won the next 13 points on Ana's serve(!), but was herself still without a serve. To Ana's credit, she did up her level a bit, and she had some nice returns.

When Ana got back to 4-4 I feared it would turn to 4-6, but then Maria stepped it up like she nearly always does. She broke again, and I believe she suddenly didn't miss a single first serve to close it out after being broken three times in a row. Watching it live, it was almost magical how she was able to wrap those last two games up like that with her fighting spirit. I'm calling it Maria Magic.

I was just in GM and I saw all the hate. Cheaterpova left and right, and I didn't even get it until someone brought up her toilet break. Talk about reaching, she was totally within the rules. Ana on the other hand was totally fishy, taking a break three games later. Like she couldn't have gone during Maria's break? It just goes to show that haters are (like we didn't know already) truly pathetic and will take any excuse to badmouth Maria.

Some side notes.
Her grunt is not as loud at all when hearing it live.
At the beginning of the match when some Ana fans started chanting 'Ana Ivanovic' I immediately shouted: come on Maria!
When she got up 4-1 in the final set I screamed: That's the way, come on Maria!
I wasn't nearly as nervous watching her live for some reason.
I had some Ana fans sitting behind me. There weren't so happy whenever I shouted 'come on' after an important point. There was one girl who looked really pissed after Ana lost, and I was just standing there smiling like crazy.
I made just a few pics, but I'm not sure how they turned out yet.

I also saw Kerber's match, and Maria should eat her second serve for breakfast.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #814
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

I'd prefer bagels on a saturday.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #815
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post

Watching a match live, I have to say you get so much more respect for the effort they put in every point. Overall I thought the quality was really good.

Maria had a slow start, even though she started with a break. Once she found her serve she was looking fine, until it disappeared at the end of the second set.

I believe Maria then won the next 13 points on Ana's serve(!), but was herself still without a serve. To Ana's credit, she did up her level a bit, and she had some nice returns.

When Ana got back to 4-4 I feared it would turn to 4-6, but then Maria stepped it up like she nearly always does. She broke again, and I believe she suddenly didn't miss a single first serve to close it out after being broken three times in a row. Watching it live, it was almost magical how she was able to wrap those last two games up like that with her fighting spirit. I'm calling it Maria Magic.

I was just in GM and I saw all the hate. Cheaterpova left and right, and I didn't even get it until someone brought up her toilet break. Talk about reaching, she was totally within the rules. Ana on the other hand was totally fishy, taking a break three games later. Like she couldn't have gone during Maria's break? It just goes to show that haters are (like we didn't know already) truly pathetic and will take any excuse to badmouth Maria.

Some side notes.
At the beginning of the match when some Ana fans started chanting 'Ana Ivanovic' I immediately shouted: come on Maria!
I had some Ana fans sitting behind me. There weren't so happy whenever I shouted 'come on' after an important point. There was one girl who looked really pissed after Ana lost, and I was just standing there smiling like crazy.

So happy for you, glad to hear you had an awesome time

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #816
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
I'd prefer bagels on a saturday.
Sunday too no?

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #817
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Sunday too no?
I'll think about later.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #818
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:

Some side notes.

Congratulations, glad you had a great time!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #819
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Tennis fans are the biggest crybabies in sports. I never realized that before I joined TF. I've never ever made any of those typically cowardly excuses when one of my faves loses a match. The winner of any match is the better player on the day, period. All that "she cheated , my fave was injured , she has a cupcake draw , my fave had an offday, but at her peak she would have... "......I can't stand to read all that crap anymore, and I don't either.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #820
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Some side notes.

YASSSSSS
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #821
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Some side notes.

Very happy for you.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #822
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Tennis fans are the biggest crybabies in sports. I never realized that before I joined TF. I've never ever made any of those typically cowardly excuses when one of my faves loses a match. The winner of any match is the better player on the day, period. All that "she cheated , my fave was injured , she has a cupcake draw , my fave had an offday, but at her peak she would have... "......I can't stand to read all that crap anymore, and I don't either.
So true. I wonder if those people actually believe the garbage that comes out of their mouths.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #823
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Knowing your faves, I was curious about what you would say Chrissiefan I never like it when two players I like the same are against each other
Anyway, I feel like Annie about tomorrow, if the Ana she beat today was the same who straightsetted Angie in FC... it wasn't that bad.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #824
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoaaa always beautiful to hear someone so blessed indeed to have seen Maria live
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #825
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Some side notes.

Yas.

Happy that your live experience was a good one and that she won.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote