STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:35 AM   #196
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Aint no backseat in my Porsche!

My heart literally just sank. I hate you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:37 AM   #197
country flag Craig.
My girl

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

SMH @ April Fool's One of my friends told me that our midterm this week was postponed till next week and I believed her and didn't study all day Now I'm fucked
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:28 AM   #198
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
SMH @ April Fool's One of my friends told me that our midterm this week was postponed till next week and I believed her and didn't study all day Now I'm fucked

That's terrible

Quote:
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:34 AM   #199
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Craig

My friend texted her ex boyfriend today "I miss you." And he texted back saying "is everything ok, kiddo?" And she was like "lolZ yeah April fools".

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:49 AM   #200
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Mexicola, sorry to disappoint you, but Maria has been repeating she can/will/hopes to etc. etc. to beat Serena for years now... On Saturday she was a few inches away from that yet she couldn't carry on in the momentum and managed to crumble like a house of cards in the last set.. Until I see it, I won't believe it. I have said this for a lot of things in the past I think about Maria, so I will just wait to see.
While I still do remain in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category when it comes to Serena, I think it's good to grab onto any shred of hope you can get from a match like this when there has been so little of it in recent meetings. What's most important, though, is what Maria takes from it and what her level of belief is. This is the first time I can remember Maria saying point blank that she thinks she will beat Serena and that's a good sign in my mind.

I can see similarities with the Azarenka/Serena rivalry. At the US Open, Vika had it in her hands at 5-3 in the 3rd, then, boom, she loses 4 straight games and it's heartbreak for her. With Maria in Miami, she's looking great up a set and a break, then, boom, she loses 10 straight games and it's heartbreak for her. But after every loss, Vika kept an upbeat attitude and kept saying she believed her time would come. And whether or not you want to put an asterisk next to her Doha win, considering Serena being well below 100%, it still goes down as a win and a big psychological breakthrough for Azarenka. I think belief in herself helped. Now, trust me, it's extremely painful to even suggest just a little that Maria would take a page out of Vika's book, but I think those post-match comments by Maria showing a confidence that she will beat Serena someday are in line with Vika's approach and I like that. I want Maria thinking like this.

I found Maria's whole press conference after the Miami final reassuring and inspiring. The way she got annoyed and gave it to the reporter's questions, the way she brazenly said she'll defeat Serena some day, and the way she tersely chose Wimbledon as the site she'd most like to battle her. It's almost like Maria knows something we don't about her own potential.

Now, I could be reading too much into what I'm seeing in just four tournaments this year. But I sense something different about her overall game. I sense a clarity with what she wants to do out there. While she did show improvement and moments of greatness in 2011 and 2012, I could still see doubt cloud her when things started to go wrong, whether it was her serve or her forehand breaking down, or her return game failing. I think that's why we still saw several lopsided defeats. But when I watch her now, I don't see that uncertainty or doubt or panic when mistakes happen. I see resolve. For the first time since the shoulder surgery, Maria knows she has all her weapons at her disposal and they are reliable. Even with the occasional wobble, she has the serve, she has the return, she has the backhand, and she has a better-then-ever forehand to count on.

It's why she had an 11-match winning streak and took 23 consecutive sets. That confidence in her game is what helped her through those rough first sets she had. It's almost like a little of that old teenage fearlessness and unwavering belief is back. It wasn't enough to get her past Serena this time, but I think it will serve her well against the WTA overall in the months ahead. She knows she has the game to beat anybody, anywhere, anytime. It's just a matter of staying healthy, staying consistent, and staying hungry. Then you'll see the top 10 opponents fall more often, the doubt building in their minds for a change, and the titles come to Maria. Bet on it.

Last edited by Mexicola : Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:08 AM   #201
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

lol sorry I forgot I wrote that. April fools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Poor Craig

My friend texted her ex boyfriend today "I miss you." And he texted back saying "is everything ok, kiddo?" And she was like "lolZ yeah April fools".
omg so harsh
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM   #202
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Quote:
Poor Craig

noooo
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #203
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I would've read your short novel above Mexicola but tbh three paragraphs is my limit
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:21 AM   #204
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
While I still do remain in the "I'll see it when I believe it" category when it comes to Serena, I think it's good to grab onto any shred of hope you can get from a match like this when there has been so little of it in recent meetings.
I know that it's a cliché that's used much too often, but "Maria has time on her side." And Serena has been winning so much lately that the hunger and the need she feels to prove something may go down by just a fraction, which at this level can make all the difference. Maria on the other hand seems as eager as ever and still seems to be improving. Her best chance (knock wood) to get a win may come in the upcoming claycourt season, and once that monkey is of her back their rivalry may be more evenly matched from that point onwards.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM   #205
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I can't wait to see what she'll wear in Stuttgart. I like both the Lavander and Navy version
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM   #206
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
On the contrary, I have fairly high expectations for Maria on the clay this year.

LONG POST TRUNCATED.
AMEN

Quote:
Your best post ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
Mexicola where did this wonderfulness come from?!
I'm taking credit for Mexicola's positivity, of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Mexicola, sorry to disappoint you, but Maria has been repeating she can/will/hopes to etc. etc. to beat Serena for years now... On Saturday she was a few inches away from that yet she couldn't carry on in the momentum and managed to crumble like a house of cards in the last set.. Until I see it, I won't believe it. I have said this for a lot of things in the past I think about Maria, so I will just wait to see.
Look at you little Miss Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I would've read your short novel above Mexicola but tbh three paragraphs is my limit
How dare you not read the few positive thesis from Mexicola!! We don't see them often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Stuttgart
Mah favourite SS poster
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:45 PM   #207
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Who do you guys prefer Maria to face in the early rounds (pre-SF)? For me I'd like Petko/Barthel/Lisicki/Ana/JJ () in R2, Stosur/Errani/Petrova in the Quarters

Quote:
Quote:
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:47 PM   #208
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

Well, one of Ivanovic's great career moments came at the French Open when she beat Maria in the 2007 semis 6-2, 6-1. So it would be interesting to watch them on clay and see how much confidence Ana has. And they've only played twice on clay overall.

I welcome any opportunity for Maria to pound that one-surface-wonder Lisicki. Sabine's lone career highlight will always be that 4th round win at Wimbledon last year against a fatigued Maria. I don't see her ever beating Maria again. Jankovic is a complete waste and a baby, so I have no desire for that matchup again.

Stosur and Errani would both be quite difficult on this surface. We all remember the epic quarterfinal between Maria and Sam here last year. And Sara is a much better player 12 months later. Combine that with being on her favorite surface and you have a formidable problem.

Basically, I wouldn't mind any player that can challenge Maria on this surface and quickly get her attention. There are still many great players in this tournament, so this will be a good test to get Maria sharp again on clay and ready for Madrid, Rome, and Paris.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #209
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Even if Maria loses because certain opponent's this year will be very very tough, it's still experience for the FO and something she can learn from/work on. That's the positive thing. And besides, there are still other clay tournaments too. If she loses, it will just be experience for the FO, and if she wins them all again then that's a strong signal she's in GOAT mode for RG
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #210
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Look at you little Miss Sunshine
Ah, I always shine nice and brightly...
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote