•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 235 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #3511
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

Yeah It's hard work in the short term, but being smarter about it will make her career longer and maybe make her strong enough to actually take these chances when she receives them.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #3512
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

But will she get many chances in the future?

Joe is right, she could feel like right now's her window of opportunity and I'm not even sure she would be very wrong about it. The Top 3 is injured/out of form right now and younger players like Bouchard aren't fully there yet.

If she can't win her slam now, will she ever be able? Many people are saying that the stars need to align for her to make it happen but the truth is, the stars did already align for her at Wimbledon last year. I'm not sure she'll ever get a better chance for a slam than "just" having to beat Lisicki and Marion. She didn't take that chance and I wouldn't be surprise if this turns out to be the biggest missed opportunity of her career.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 05:08 AM   #3513
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I think she'll have other chances . She's managed to stay top five for about three years now despite a fairly strong era of the WTA in 2012/2013. Even if Vika can maximize her potential down the road, she's never going to be as dominant as Reehanna. Ma$ha only has a few slams left in her at the max. The next generation has really shown no reason to believe they will even be as good as this one.

Lady Aga is only 25, so while she blew HUGE chances at 2013 Wimbledon and 2014 Australian Open, she really should focus more on staying healthy so that she'll actually still be around when more chances like those inevitably do happen. NaNa at the AO this year is a good example of that - she played well but her draw was even easier than Cake's at Wimbledon. She received this opportunity by being persistent after two lost finals, which involved keeping healthy and taking time off last year and earlier in her career.
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #3514
country flag iGOAT

Just saying, playing through the injury led to her suffering yet another heartbreaking loss. Physically and mentally she's worse off now.
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 03:42 AM   #3515
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

it's funny how aga's first emotional win against vika in AO now leads to a series of bad losses. i think a lot of people were thinking aga was magical during her match against vika because vika usually makes the win. but people also forgot to see that vika wasn't the dominant one since end of 2012. she somehow managed to win playing ugly, sooner and later, the cracks would widen.

personally i think halep is the next best bet. she is solid, smart on court, cool head, can defend and play aggressive, reasonable serve and return. not much holes in her game right now. and relatively young.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #3516
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I don't think age really matters in the WTA anymore, but I agree about Halep. I think she might win a slam in the next few years.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #3517
Queen V.

Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute

Personally i see Vika winning multiple slams. Her talent really showed through from 2012-early 2013 and if she hadn't got injured after Doha, She would have won Indian Wells, Won Wimbledon and could have won USO and YEC from Serena. That's how confident i am with her talent and fight. After this surgery she will need to put in hard work to get fit and get that fuckery-less mentality, she will continue winning slams (Even an RG) and get back to number one. And i see a great Vika-Serena-Halep and Vika-Halep rivalry coming, it should make the tour really great.

Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Ivanovic Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen V. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #3518
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
it's funny how aga's first emotional win against vika in AO now leads to a series of bad losses. i think a lot of people were thinking aga was magical during her match against vika because vika usually makes the win. but people also forgot to see that vika wasn't the dominant one since end of 2012. she somehow managed to win playing ugly, sooner and later, the cracks would widen.

personally i think halep is the next best bet. she is solid, smart on court, cool head, can defend and play aggressive, reasonable serve and return. not much holes in her game right now. and relatively young.
That thread in GM was the craziest and most over the top one I've ever seen on this board, and that's really saying something (the Mozart comparisons, the Einstein quotes, ) You could see that most of the posters (as usual) hadn't even watched the match, but that was a very good example of the herd mentality of this place and the raw hate that motivates most of the posts around here. Vika was dire, and I swear that I thought there was something wrong with her, because her movement and footwork was so abysmal, even by her late standards, so I wasn't surprised when she said she was already injured. Even her Brisbane level would probably have been good enough to get her to the final here.

I am not sure about Halep. The state of the tour is what it is atm. She's very consistent, has nothing to defend this first half of the season and is taking advantage of the current weak situation, plus she's playing on such a wave a confidence, and the rest of the tour are yet to figure her out, but let's see how long it lasts. Errani and Kerber are dragged through the dirt as a regular basis on GM, but it's been almost 2 years now for them in the top 10, and both have slams finals (Errani) and SF. I am more curious to see how far she will go in Slams this year and how she will deal next season with her top 10 status.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #3519
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a day in Miami. Feel sorry for the fans.

But let's hope it's a lesson for all those "journalists" who ridiculed the WTA when Vika and Sam pulled out of the IW QF last year.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #3520
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Wow, that's embarrassing.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #3521
country flag iGOAT

Ouch. From two men's singles matches to two women's doubles matches. Meanwhile the WTA had two good semifinals .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #3522
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Without Vika, Serena is stream rolling everyone out dere....no competition watsoever I want a healthy Serena and Vika to fight for the Miami title next year

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #3523
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Wow, what a day in Miami. Feel sorry for the fans.

But let's hope it's a lesson for all those "journalists" who ridiculed the WTA when Vika and Sam pulled out of the IW QF last year.
Someone I know called them out exactly for this.

Jon Wertheim ‏@jon_wertheim 15 Mar 2013
I'll join @patrickmcenroe and play ogre: Federer limps around court while ticker reminds us two other dinged up top players simply withdraw.

Jon Wertheim ‏@jon_wertheim Mar 28
Kei Nishikori beats Roger Federer, then pulls out of Sony Open with groin injury. That'll teach him….

Total double standards.

I am in shock btw that they didn't refund the tickets. You just got a choice of picking tickets for next year.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #3524
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my Madrid credential today, I see Vika still hasn't officially withdrawn but we all know she's not going to play

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #3525
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Got my Madrid credential today, I see Vika still hasn't officially withdrawn but we all know she's not going to play
Do you work for the press? Your photos are really good.