•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 233 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 02:33 AM   #3481
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

It's always so overblown. I don't get the point of the half time show personally, you don't see that kind of crap in all other sports (at least not that I can think of right now).

In other news: I'm hoping that Nicole is for real coming back and that the snow "storm" we're supposed to get cancels classes on Tuesday.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #3482
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

i think nicole came back to tennis so that she can have a match against petra.....fight, on court.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #3483
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I just turned on a livestream of Scone versus Cetkovská and both are leggings . Hurricanejeanne would not improve.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #3484
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Darya Domracheva won a gold medal in biathlon for Belarus, so the best athlete of 2014. Hey, that who, go get more Grand Slams.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #3485
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I would be very surprised if Vika won anything of serious note this year.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #3486
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
Darya Domracheva won a gold medal in biathlon for Belarus, so the best athlete of 2014. Hey, that who, go get more Grand Slams.
I like Darya as well, happy for her. She might win more.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #3487
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

I mainly watch the curling at the winter olympics
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #3488
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
I mainly watch the curling at the winter olympics
It is quite fun, altough i wouldn't pretend to understand the tactics of it.

Anyone from Belarus that can tell how Darya and Vika are perceived in their home country? Tennis is a much bigger sport and Vika a more international star but i would expect Biathlon is quite popular in Belarus. I like them both, hopefully they both get awards and praise. Do they know each other? Get along?
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #3489

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

What I can gather from comments on Belarusian news sites is that Darya is almost universally loved whilst Vika has a fair share of detractors whose main complaint being that she doesn't live in the country and therefore somehow doesn't make her eligible to represent the country. I'm not sure how it is amongst ordinary people.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #3490
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else find it very random that Reehanna is now playing Dubai ? I guess she doesn't want all that time off until Miami.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #3491
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I just turned on a livestream of Scone versus Cetkovská and both are leggings . Hurricanejeanne would not improve.
Only the Queen of Fuckery can wear the leggings. Well her and me. I'm too lazy to wear real pants.

So, we had a "threat" on campus this morning after my first lecture. They haven't cancelled classes (and honestly they won't unless someone gets hurt) but I didn't want to go to my other lecture and my best friend and my dad told me to go home. So I did.

More Olympics for me.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 01:46 PM   #3492
country flag garwe

Gold nr 2 incoming for Darya, now Vika get some competition for Belarus athelte of the year. Win Wimbledon and i say it is still hers .
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #3493

Domracheva's pretty much confirmed it already, two Olympic gold medals is going to be simply too much for Vika especially how this year is looking, but if she is in any way urged on by Dasha's success then that'd be great. Vika would have to win at least a slam and another couple of big titles to match it.
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #3494
country flag iGOAT

Honestly two Golds is probably even greater than two slams in my opinion. In terms of what it takes to achieve them it's debatable, but Golds only come once every four years. Plus Vika has gotten that award the past two years.
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #3495
country flag nastya

nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
What I can gather from comments on Belarusian news sites is that Darya is almost universally loved whilst Vika has a fair share of detractors whose main complaint being that she doesn't live in the country and therefore somehow doesn't make her eligible to represent the country. I'm not sure how it is amongst ordinary people.
That's not about living in country, but about that fact, that she absolutely does not care for a country as well about her fans in here (common opinion). She doesn't have a time and will to play FedCup, but she's going to play some random WTT tournament in July for example. Don't remember when she last time even made a post or tweet in Russian, she has so much fans here, big part of them are kids who don't speak English. She call LA "home". U know, Belarus is small country, our people are very vulnerable when it comes to the country and the matter of patriotism, we can't help it, it's in our mentalitet.
And yes, Dasha is absolutely beloved by whole nation, she perfectly fits in term "a true patriot". She great athlete and extremely loves country, she regularly participates in charity events in Minsk and other cities, she really makes a lot for ill belarusian kids. Friend of mine few years ago got a chance to meet her and was absolutely smitten with her, said never seen so “sunny” person. And besides, she just very nice and shy, people love that, won't you agreed?
U know, I used to be a big Vika's fan, I still am, but recently she makes it harder, because I love Vika "tennis player and great athlete", not Vika "look at my new bag/car/hair/dog". I miss Vika’s passion for the game. And I'm still vulnerable patriotic belarusian
nastya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote