•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 232 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM   #3466
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
The Sharapova matches were quite entertaining In general I thought the early part of the tournament was quite good, can't remember specific matches, but decent quality and few one-sided scorelines. Later part of the tournament probably suffered from a lack of Vika and Serena

Don't watch much ATP but thought Federer played a good tournament. The main problem with the final was Nadal's poor level / injury. Stan played a typically up and down match, and I made a typically quality prediction about his chances a few pages back:

This is one of the worst tournaments ever like ever after last years' wimbly Anyways Stan won defeating NaDull, so thats a plus atleast

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #3467
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

It has to be Stan and joker match, so entertaining, impossible rallies.

Women....true, can't really pick one off my head. Maybe genie vs Ana.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #3468
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Wait what about the grass being tampered with? I was without internet for most of Wimbledon too so everything I know about it is just after but I never heard that .

WOW for Stan!!! Even though Nadull wasn't playing that well all tournament I didn't think Stan had any shot. Nice to have someone different there too!!
The was a lot of discussion that since the Wimbledon grounds crew had to fix the grass for last summer's Olympics, that they changed the formula of the grass, hence causing it to be slicker than usual causing all the freak falls/injuries/crappy play by big players. I think a commentator on Tennis Channel actually said that it reminded them of the crappy grass they used to use at Roehampton for the qualies.

This tournament was crap. Not Wimbledon 13 crap but still crap. Yet the worst slam I can think of in my duration of being a tennis fan (US Open 03) is probably either Australia 06 (simply because we never got full matches, I have a soft spot for Mauresmo and was delighted in her winning but I would have preferred her actually beating the crap out of Saint Kim and Justine) or US Open 07 which went like this:

Women's final Justine v. Sveta
Friend: "I hope Sveta can win"
Another Friend: "Win what? The coin toss?"
Me: Dead.

I don't think Sveta was even able to win the coin toss.
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 01:07 PM   #3469
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

I feel the tournament was a bit anticlimactic on both sides it had fun results/ upsets though.
What I really appreciate is that there is a bit of a change on the ATP's side. It is too boring when it's always Rafa, Novak, Fed & Andy making the SF all the time.
If only DelPo wouldn't suck so much
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #3470
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Del Potro does not suck he is great at 250 and 500 events and saves total suckage for masters events and slams

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
So who will win the next 6 Wimbledons? Petra 2 of them, thats for sure. And dont even try to tell me that you see some hotter candidates than hers!
Marcus1979 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 07:02 PM   #3471
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
The was a lot of discussion that since the Wimbledon grounds crew had to fix the grass for last summer's Olympics, that they changed the formula of the grass, hence causing it to be slicker than usual causing all the freak falls/injuries/crappy play by big players. I think a commentator on Tennis Channel actually said that it reminded them of the crappy grass they used to use at Roehampton for the qualies.

This tournament was crap. Not Wimbledon 13 crap but still crap. Yet the worst slam I can think of in my duration of being a tennis fan (US Open 03) is probably either Australia 06 (simply because we never got full matches, I have a soft spot for Mauresmo and was delighted in her winning but I would have preferred her actually beating the crap out of Saint Kim and Justine) or US Open 07 which went like this:

Women's final Justine v. Sveta
Friend: "I hope Sveta can win"
Another Friend: "Win what? The coin toss?"
Me: Dead.

I don't think Sveta was even able to win the coin toss.
Oh true that French Open was terrible . There were a bunch of terrible finals there actually (both of Fistpump's) but the tourney had been really good until that point both times, with her and Sanowa's runs. The Sanowa/Sexlana final was terrible too, but that also had good matches before.

AO 2006 did have the retirements but that in itself made it at least interesting, and the two semifinals (before Kimothy retired) were amazing.

Wimby 2013 vs. AO 2014 I guess basically comes down to whether you like Cake/Bine or NaNa/Pome better, which is the former pair for me. But at least Wimby had one really good semifinal!

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 01:03 AM   #3472

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

It's a new semester which means more rants on higher education.

This professor is so frustrating. We have to write reading responses (gobbets) that no one in the department has ever written and on the days the professor planned to explain everything to us (how to write it, what to do, ect.) she just raves at us for not understanding the material on the same minute level that she does. So I just did this assignment and hopefully it's good enough but I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing as it's the opposite of everything I've been taught.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #3473
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
I used to teach writing classes, so at least you're not paying tuition to take a class from me

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 05:39 AM   #3474
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
It's a new semester which means more rants on higher education.

This professor is so frustrating. We have to write reading responses (gobbets) that no one in the department has ever written and on the days the professor planned to explain everything to us (how to write it, what to do, ect.) she just raves at us for not understanding the material on the same minute level that she does. So I just did this assignment and hopefully it's good enough but I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing as it's the opposite of everything I've been taught.
Yeah papers can be really frustrating for me too. Often you get completely different advice from your instincts, so it's sort of a choice between potentially satisfying that particular professor to get a good grade, or trying to write what you believe since it's your paper.

Old Jan 29th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #3475

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I used to teach writing classes, so at least you're not paying tuition to take a class from me

I'm sure you could at least lecture properly, even if you lapsed into tangents about a particular banged goddess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Yeah papers can be really frustrating for me too. Often you get completely different advice from your instincts, so it's sort of a choice between potentially satisfying that particular professor to get a good grade, or trying to write what you believe since it's your paper.
Ever since I was young, I was told I knew how to write, that I have a natural pace and "talent." Yet, I've been told that my sentence structuring can be unorthodox and that I "should work on my style."

My favorite comment was from an instructor who knows my work quite well: "If I wasn't deliberately looking for problems on a conscious level, I would have missed it. You bullshit your way through your weaknesses."

This current professor is just so anal because she went to "top universities" and feels like she's above the entire department here that I know she'll tear my work apart.
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 04:11 PM   #3476
country flag iGOAT

So who's watching the Super Bowl?

Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:21 AM   #3477
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I am. I wouldn't say I'm the biggest NFL fan though.

Last edited by ozza : Feb 3rd, 2014 at 02:19 AM.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:58 AM   #3478
country flag iGOAT

What a mess . I still can't believe Bruno Mars did the half time show too .

Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 02:01 AM   #3479
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Super Bowl half times are always horrific

"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:17 AM   #3480
country flag iGOAT

Prince was the best I remember .