•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 201 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM   #3001
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Mac is only around when Kvitova isn't flopping all the time.
Fair-weather fans are the worst.
And Petra deserves better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:16 PM   #3002
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

How about Aga vs Sabine and Marion vs Kirsten for a GS SF lineup?

I'd be so happy if Marion would win this. Who are you guys rooting for now?
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3003
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Semifinalists Sabine Lisicki vs Agnieszka Radwanska and Marion Bartoli vs Kirsten Flipkens. One of them will win the first Grand Slam title in Wimbledon 2013, and I hope it will be Sabine...
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:42 PM   #3004
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
ABA (anyone but Aga). I don't even dislike her, just think her tennis is overrated. The way the commentators talk you'd think she was einstein on the court
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #3005
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
ABA (anyone but Aga). I don't even dislike her, just think her tennis is overrated. The way the commentators talk you'd think she was einstein on the court
Fully agree. I used to like Aga back when she was still playing with variety, but her change to full-on pusher since mid-2011 and her bitter comments towards Vika at the start of 2012 have really cooled me off. If she was as smart as she's made out to be, she wouldn't serve every 2nd serve into Vika's BH like she always does. Her 'little magician' reputation among commentators like Chris Bradnam make me puke.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:07 PM   #3006
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Aga should win this given her experience and ranking. If she doesn't she's never winning a slam.

That said, I don't want her to win because it'll go to her head so fast and she didn't have to beat anyone incredibly dangerous (outside of streaky Na) to take the title. This line up is like that of a decimated tier 2 tournament. That and it'll go to the heads of some of her more arrogant fans.
But I really can't root for any of the other players, to be honest. I'm glad I'll be working the morning of the finals.

I just can't believe this is the line up for the semifinals. I mean seriously. I've been in this sport for ten years and where the hell was this draw when I wanted Davenport to win that elusive fourth slam? Oh no, she had to play the Williams.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #3007
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

I predict Sabine to self destruct in 3 sets hitting 89 winners to Aga's 5 and 120 UEs to Aga's 3 or something like that. This is a typical Aga tournament now with all the top players out and her left to pick up the pieces. I'd be surprised if she didn't win tbh. It's just a shame that she has so many obnoxious Vika-hating fans who'd be having a field day now that at least Petra's delusional stans have been silenced a little bit. I seriously wouldn't want that to happen. As for the rest I agree with what you guys said.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #3008
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Well I really want Sabine to win now.

I am shocked at how big a favourite she is to win this thing now though.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #3009
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kvitova. It shows how many pundits really don't pay any attention to what is going on in the tournament or in recent history with so many picking her after Serena went out. I never thought she was going to win and I can't see how anyone who has been watching tennis this year or this tournament could pick her. There seems to be this idea that just because you are winning matches you are back to form, this isn't actually true though, winning matches doesn't automatically = back to your best like some seem to think.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:35 PM   #3010
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

It's as if a lot of people thought she'd just flick the switch after mugging it through all tournament, and she comes up against Flipkens who didn't waste her chances like CSN or Makarova did.

Don't mind seeing Flipkens in the SF at all, it's a rather positive story.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:25 AM   #3011
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Newsreaders reading out tennis players' names is the absolute worst.

Agnieska Radvaneska.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 03:02 AM   #3012
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

ABA +1 Now Sabine has a golden opportunity. It's also gratifying if Marion can make it, just like Francesca won 2010 RG. Kirsten played deftly and deserved the SF. I've never picked Kvitova
as well but all ppl around me chose her, it's really over my head. Don't want Aga, in both emotionwise and game style. This professional pusher always makes me sleepy.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM   #3013
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Now im really over watching matches in this Wimbledon. Anyone but Radwanska is fine by me. Simply because of the bad comments she had about Vika in the past. Which i think is just because she can't win that matchup.

She is a good player though. Just prefer it if she is without a grand slam.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 05:30 AM   #3014
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Any news from vika's camp?
It is really worrying me now.

Re Wimbledon: I am preparing to get devastated again when sabine flops to none other than aga after taking serena out and reminds me for a thousandth time what a lost opportunity it was for vika.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 05:38 AM   #3015
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
Any news from vika's camp?
It is really worrying me now.
Read in the cheering thread, Hyacinth found some hopefully good news.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote