•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 153 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #2281
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Oh yes obviously the ATP isn't too different. It gets away with a different premise of claiming the top 4 are just that good. The top men also have conditions made to tailor them (which isn't true for WTA). There are though more occasions on ATP where someone will come out and play lights out tennis and threaten one of the top guys. The WTA top 3 seem even less vulnerable to the rest of the tour than ATP's top 4 right now.

This isn't really a bad thing (especially as a Vika fan ), the tour needed a period of dominance from a top tier. It is better to draw in casual fans if your product has players who are known, the way players get known is if they are constantly winning on the big stage. What they need now is better matches at the top end, something which has been sorely missing the latter stages of Indian Wells and Miami. Partly because Vika's, Li's injuries, Serena not playing IW etc., partly because although you've had different semi finalists, they haven't reached the semi final because they are in red hot form, but more because of default, and they have had no answers when the level of opposition has gone up 3-fold.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #2282
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

I think if there was something to change about the WTA tour it'd be the competitiveness of the matches between the top 3 and the rest of the top 10 on the one hand and the quality of the matches between the top 3 themselves on the other hand, especially in finals. For example, taking the most important finals (GS+PM+YEC+Olympics) from AO 2012 until now one will find a total of about four competitive matches: Radwanska vs Sharapova Miami 2012, Williams vs Radwanska Wimbledon 2012, Williams vs Azarenka USO 2012 and Azarenka vs Li AO 2013. Unfortunately it's rare for both finalists to bring their best tennis into the match.

But that's complaining on a high level really since women's tennis is in a good state right now imo. Plus as soon as Vika gets fully fit again we'll have more spice added to the tour for sure.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #2283
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

2 random facts:

#1: robinfenlon
Today my visa petition to reside in the USA was approved by immigration!! Thank you to everybody who was a part of the process. I am forever grateful...

Does anyone know where he resided before?

#2: Redfoo is taking things seriously:

svenja_mastro Svenja Mastroberardi
Looks like RedFoo hired a coach for his US Open campaign (pic via @yvesallegro)

Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #2284
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

About Robin Fenlon, it looks like his original hometown is Manchester, England. http://www.fatbmx.com/bmx/news/article.php?storyid=3702

http://www.onthegotennis.com/home/li...in-fenlon.html

Here Aga Radwanska shows her golf skills and Robin Fenlon feels the dangers of being a photographer......

Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #2285
country flag Natural Joe

^ Thanks
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #2286
country flag Natural Joe

Anybody going to watch Ferrer vs Haas?
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2287
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Yes .
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2288
country flag Natural Joe

Who do you think will win?
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #2289
country flag Natural Joe

Ferrer playing horribly. Two nice aces though.
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #2290
country flag ozza

Ferrer hasn't been that great all week really, he only really beat Melzer when he hit the physical wall. It doesn't surprise me Haas is winning. The mens tournament has been pretty poor really. A lot of players playing well below their best.
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #2291
country flag Natural Joe

Ferrer hasn't been playing at his best for quite a while now actually so yeah, it's not very surprising that Haas is leading. I'm just wondering if Haas' level is going to drop after a brilliant first set like we've seen it when Ferrer played against Melzer or against Nalbandian in Buenos Aires. Probably it won't though as he beat Djokovic in straights without showing too many physical problems.
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #2292
country flag ozza

Match feels on verge of turning in Ferrer's favour now.
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #2293
country flag Natural Joe

Break!
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #2294
country flag Natural Joe

Some Federer-esque BH shanks from Haas now
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2295
country flag ozza

Well I foresaw that quite well . Yes surely Ferrer wins now.